U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 03:28 PM

9,536 posts, read 4,876,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Uh Muhammad is only mentioned 4 times. in 4 very short sentences. Virtually nothing is said about him in the Qur'an.
The word 'muhammad' is used only 4 times. How many times is he referred to by other words--- messenger, prophet, and when writing what allah supposedly told him, simply as 'you'. Thousands ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 04:03 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,297,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
Wanderer,

A bit of a smug reply. Let a Muslim go ahead and explain where I can find their responses then. If I look up on my own, they (you?) might claim I didn't find the right Muslim position on the subject.

I keep hearing Muslims avoiding questions and trying to redirect away from the obvious fallacies of Mohammedism.
We know very little about Aisha except what she has written about herself. Apparently she was a mature young lady as she kept very meticulous notes the do seem quite advanced for a child. We do know she was the fist Islamic scholar and teacher after Muhammad(PBUH). We do know she was physically mature at the time the marriage was consummated.

We do not know how much of what she says about herself was metaphorical or factual. Most Islamic scholars agree that to avoid confusion it is best to assume it was factual.

We do know her young marriage was the norm for the Arabian people at that time.

all we can say is that her marriage was a happy one and that she was pleased with and believed it was ordained to be by Allaah(swt).

We do believe that for some reason this marriage was ordained and approved by Allaah(swt) If you think about it this is not much different than Jesus(PBUH)'s beloved Mother who would have been very young Probably only 12 at the time she became pregnant. Very close to the age of Aisha when the marriage of Aisha was consummated.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:13 PM

616 posts, read 591,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Just wondering here. Muhammad spewed hatred for Jews and Christians many times over in the Koran, and, according to the Koran, he unrepentantly pillaged, raped and mass murdered 1000s of Jews and Christians, and teaches in the Koran that Jews and Christians are worse than 2nd class citizens. All of Islam showers love and obedience to this guy, who, seems to me, is worse than Hitler. There is nothing at all "Holy" about this man, Muhammad. But I see and feel a lot of hate towards us. Why follow him? Why not throw him into the Lake of Fire where he belongs, and shower love on those that are more lovable?

first and foremost, always I read you insulting Muhammad peace be upon him, either you respect the feelings of Muslims here or be Quiet pleas

Now we want to discuss a logical discussion Give me evidence that Muhammad spread haterd for Jews and Christians in Quran and al-hadith?

islam calls to (Jews and Christians) "People of the Book"

They are not all are the same; among the People of the Scripture is a community standing [in obedience], reciting the verses of Allah during periods of the night and prostrating [in prayer].
They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and they enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and hasten to good deeds.
And those are among the righteous. And whatever good they do - never will it be removed from them. And Allah is Knowing of the righteous.
[Noble Quran 3:113-115]

this is book see it even you know who was muhammed peace be upon him

http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Ar-R...Al-Makhtum.pdf

about why are we (muslims) follow to mhammed ? if we love Allah , then follow muhammad

Allah said in Quran " Say (O, Muhammad): “If you love Allâh, then follow me, Allâh will love you
and forgive you your sins. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”};
[3:31]Quran

Old 06-06-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The word 'muhammad' is used only 4 times. How many times is he referred to by other words--- messenger, prophet, and when writing what allah supposedly told him, simply as 'you'. Thousands ?
The word Messenger is used 183 times and in every instance I can find it is in reference to other Prophets such as Abraham, Moses, (PBUT) etc.

the word Prophet is used 83 times and I can not find any that refers to Muhammad(PBUH)

The word you is used 1262 times and in every instance it is either referring to the reader or in a context such as this
Quote:
2:21 O ye people! Adore your Guardian-Lord, who created you and those who came before you, that ye may have the chance to learn righteousness;

Old 06-07-2011, 04:20 AM

616 posts, read 591,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
I also think the whole concept of lying to nonbelievers both by Muslims andd their concept of allah does not represent an omniscient god. An all powerful god is much to powerful and important to need to lie to people by telling one set of principles, only to abrogate it later. Such a god would not be noble in virtue. Thus Mohammed said that his god was far less noble in the virtue of honesty than many nonbelievers. Now how can a creature that is hated by the god who created it be more noble in any respect than that god? Sounds too much like the ancient Greek and Middle Eastern mythological gods to me.

The problem of non-Muslim Western you are talking about Islam through your views Which were gained from your media Not through the knowledge of the reality of Islam and what is Allah (God) in islam...

So, concept allah in islam is the purest concept who Worthy of God (allah) as Creator, The One true God (allah) is a reflection of the unique concept that Islam associates with God,this is chapter 112, which reads:“ In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate. Say (O Muhammad), He is God, the One God, the Everlasting Refuge, who has not begotten, nor has been begotten, and equal to Him is not anyone”.

“ God is the Creator of everything. He is the guardian over everything. Unto Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth” (39:62-63).

“ No creature is there crawling on the earth, but its provision rests on God. He knows its lodging place and its repository” (11:16).

“ God has not taken to Himself any son, nor is there any god with Him: for then each god would have taken of that which he created and some of them would have risen up over others” (23:91).

“ And why, were there gods in earth and heaven other than God, they (heaven and earth) would surely go to ruin” (21:22).

What about worshipping a meteor that fell from the sky many years before Mohammed's birth? The Kaaba is an idol worshipped by Muslims, who instead can't even show a picture of someone that follow. That is a major contradiction of the Old Testament commandment not to worship idols.

who was told you that the Kaaba is an idol worshipped by Muslims!!!!
this really is WRONG so let me say you the correct ....

Kaaba is (the Qibla)the direction Muslims face during their prayers

"We see the turning of thy face (for guidance) to the heavens: now shall We turn thee to a Qiblah that shall please thee. Turn then thy face in the direction of the Sacred Mosque: wherever ye are, turn your faces in that direction."[Al-Qur’an 2:144]

reas this link maybe help

Do Muslims Worship The Kaaba?

Old 06-07-2011, 07:54 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,509,353 times
First of all I am not a Muslim proper, but following Mohammad may be truly exhilarating. But faith in human rights is obviously pessimistic at this point in time. Am I supposed to feel good that at this point in time there are Lebanese faithful their own national context against the simple ignorance of Iranian people? Which mind you I find a mere act of propaganda for improving economic concerns between the two countries.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:14 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,509,353 times
But would this be classified under 'Kaaba'?

Toronto - Saturday Aug.8 Flashmob freeze | Why We Protest | Activism Forum

Old 06-07-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
No I would call it an anti-Iran protest. It could have been arraigned by Muslims as many Muslims do oppose Iran and the way they practice Islam.

Kaaba is the building inMeccah which houses the 'Black Stone" we believe the "Black Stone" is a fragment of the alter used by Adam(PBUH), Abraham(PBUH) and other Prophets(PBUT) to worship Allaah(swt)

Old 06-07-2011, 11:20 AM

21 posts, read 22,693 times
did you know ... ?

YouTube - ‪did you know ... ?‬‏

Old 06-07-2011, 12:17 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,784,630 times
Default Why Follow Muhammad?

I have no idea why anyone would want to follow what is the most vionlet religion in the world today, that is unless they love killing.

11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam