U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 08:57 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,738,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Hey, windwalker, I'll certainly agree with you that many of the stories and fables that Bible-believers think are exclusively theirs actually originated in older Mesopotamian cultures such as Babylonia and Sumer. ("Gilgamesh" being perhaps the best example) However, I seriously question the figures quoted for the antiquity of these Tigris-Euphrates civilizations. 50,000 BC? 400,000 BC?? Far, far too old! A much more reliable figure might be something like 5000 BC. Recorded history extends much farther back only if one considers primitive pictograms and stone carvings as some kind of evidence. (no "channeling" allowed...)
Well, in the past 2 months, the archaeology department in Israel has identified and dated human teeth to 400,000 BC. From the article I read, "Modern Human Teeth", just like you and I have in our mouths now (or at least I used to have them). Recently found cities suggest that the human race was on this earth building cities as far back as 15,000 BC. New knowledge from new discoveries change our view of human origin faster than a woman changes her mind. How long would mankind have been "hunter/gatherers" before they began building cities? How long would the information have been passed down by "word-of-mouth" before it evolved into the Sumerian Pantheon and was written down? Later to be used by both Zion and Islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 09:31 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,323,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
How long would mankind have been "hunter/gatherers" before they began building cities? How long would the information have been passed down by "word-of-mouth" before it evolved into the Sumerian Pantheon and was written down? Later to be used by both Zion and Islam.
From the most recent things I have read, man has been on this earth for 1,000,000,000 years. While that is a long time, I can not comprehend how written language could have come about in that time frame. More simply i can not see how writting could come about as the result of any natural event.

If it is a natural part of the evolutionary process, it seems other creatures would also have something similar to writing but on a lower level. I do not see that anywhere in nature except among humans.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:40 PM

30,936 posts, read 31,828,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
From the most recent things I have read, man has been on this earth for 1,000,000,000 years. While that is a long time, I can not comprehend how written language could have come about in that time frame. More simply i can not see how writting could come about as the result of any natural event.

If it is a natural part of the evolutionary process, it seems other creatures would also have something similar to writing but on a lower level. I do not see that anywhere in nature except among humans.
Do you realize that you wrote one billion? Actually molecular evidence suggests that the last common ancestor between humans and the remaining great apes diverged 48 million years ago, and modern humans first appeared 200,000 years ago.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:53 AM

2 posts, read 1,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Do you realize that you wrote one billion? Actually molecular evidence suggests that the last common ancestor between humans and the remaining great apes diverged 48 million years ago, and modern humans first appeared 200,000 years ago.
Do you deny "Humanity of Great Apes" ?

Old 06-08-2011, 02:11 PM

19,935 posts, read 14,771,795 times
Why follow any Religion other than one that is based not on a god but on principles of living good, treating your neighbors well, and providing for the common good of your fellow man and children.

Each book of the major middle eastern based religions is just built on the one previous to it-XXXX, Torah, then the Bible, then the Quran. Having a Religious up-bringing then realizing that they have been manipulating and brain washing us for thousands of years is very disconcerting. Even the methods of prayer and worship are similar to brain washing techniques. "My choice" to become Agnostic is my exit strategy and freedom from organized religion. I can really appreciate people who believe in worshipping their chosen Deity in private without being told how to do it by mainstream religion.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:05 PM

35 posts, read 33,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
I have been what some Muslims call a Quaranist, and have many Muslim associates in business. While I'm no expert, I have satisfied my own burden-of-proof.
If you are serious about exploring Islamic controversies, then maybe start here;
Answering Christianity. Islam's Answers To Trinitarian Beliefs.
Wow, that is one of the most hate filled websites I have ever seen! Every other sentence is filled with insults against Christians and Jews. If a website agreed wiith my beliefs and spread such hate and skewing of items to suit their belief without regard for matching the intent, I would disavow it. Instead I can see several Muslims here have quoted the intentional mistruths.

The claim that Jesus must have believed in raping 3 year old girls mentioned in that website is about as slanderous (and blasphemous) as anything I've ever heard in my life.

By the way, Christians definitely don't follow the Talmud, as claimed by the website and some Muslim posters here. In fact, the Talmud insults Jesus and directly opposes Christian teachings. If you really have no care about facts, you can believe whatever nonsense you want. I keep hearing from Muslims that I need to check out their facts. Well I checked out their website and found it to be the most dishonest website I've ever found.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:20 PM

35 posts, read 33,398 times
If nonMuslims want to know the real face of Islam as represented by the so called "moderate" Muslims here, here are some things they should know that I found in their website:

One huge font bold link is titled, "9/11: The biggest lie in history!"

There is no actual defense of Mohammed having sex with a 9 year old girl. The only semblance of a defense was that it was common in those days in the mideast, and they gave many unsubstantiated slanders claiming that it is common among Christians and Jews.

For the so called Muslim respect of the Bible, every single page (out of many) I opened on that website spewed false claims against the Bible. What seems to really be taking place is the practice of lying to nonbelievers, just the same way their allah lied to them, then abrogated the verses later.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:28 PM

13,293 posts, read 12,820,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Just wondering here. Muhammad spewed hatred for Jews and Christians many times over in the Koran, and, according to the Koran, he unrepentantly pillaged, raped and mass murdered 1000s of Jews and Christians, and teaches in the Koran that Jews and Christians are worse than 2nd class citizens. All of Islam showers love and obedience to this guy, who, seems to me, is worse than Hitler. There is nothing at all "Holy" about this man, Muhammad. But I see and feel a lot of hate towards us. Why follow him? Why not throw him into the Lake of Fire where he belongs, and shower love on those that are more lovable?
He's either a prophet of some god or he isn't.

Why does this monotheistic god have to be nice?

The Jewish, Christian, and Islamic god was a pretty violent one.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:38 AM

11,798 posts, read 22,015,761 times
Virtus: It probably was common to have sex at younger ages in antiquity, since the average lifespan was so very much shorter (about 30 years?). Nine years old does seem a but extreme, though.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:41 AM

30,936 posts, read 31,828,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudyrox View Post
Do you deny "Humanity of Great Apes" ?
Well if you mean by that, that humans are one of the species of great apes, then no of course I don't deny it, because we are just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam