U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 03:05 PM

591 posts, read 560,703 times

Advertisements

Just wondering here. Muhammad spewed hatred for Jews and Christians many times over in the Koran, and, according to the Koran, he unrepentantly pillaged, raped and mass murdered 1000s of Jews and Christians, and teaches in the Koran that Jews and Christians are worse than 2nd class citizens. All of Islam showers love and obedience to this guy, who, seems to me, is worse than Hitler. There is nothing at all "Holy" about this man, Muhammad. But I see and feel a lot of hate towards us. Why follow him? Why not throw him into the Lake of Fire where he belongs, and shower love on those that are more lovable?

Last edited by Ball Pean; 06-02-2011 at 03:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 06:20 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,424,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Just wondering here. Muhammad spewed hatred for Jews and Christians many times over in the Koran, and, according to the Koran, he unrepentantly pillaged, raped and mass murdered 1000s of Jews and Christians, and teaches in the Koran that Jews and Christians are worse than 2nd class citizens. All of Islam showers love and obedience to this guy, who, seems to me, is worse than Hitler. There is nothing at all "Holy" about this man, Muhammad. But I see and feel a lot of hate towards us. Why follow him? Why not throw him into the Lake of Fire where he belongs, and shower love on those that are more lovable?

Why follow Jesus? Christians did the same thing too.... They just don't do it now..

Christianity was very violent towards non Christians in its history..

Old 06-02-2011, 09:20 PM

591 posts, read 560,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Why follow Jesus? Christians did the same thing too.... They just don't do it now..

Christianity was very violent towards non Christians in its history..
Jesus was the most peaceful man around. He delivered the Great compassion of God.
You are srsly comparing the hateful rantings against Jews and Christians, pillaging and murders of Muhammad to Jesus's teachings? Moderator cut: flaming

Last edited by june 7th; 06-07-2011 at 05:12 AM..

Old 06-02-2011, 09:33 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,969,943 times
It isn't the alleged teachings of Jesus which were the problem. It was the way they were applied. How about the Inquisition, religious wars, burning of heretics, etc.? Not everything Jesus allegedly said was all that compassionate either.

I think that Islam, being younger than Christianity, is exemplifying some of the same brutal treatment of others that Christianity did 500 years ago. If humanity survives long enough, perhaps it will refine itself, as most of Christianity did. Being an atheist, I'm definitely not a big booster of either one.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:39 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,081,824 times
Quote:
Jesus was the most peaceful man around.
Too bad Christians™ never seemed to figure that out.

Quote:
You are srsly comparing the hateful rantings against Jews and Christians, pillaging and murders of Muhammad to Jesus's teachings?
I'll put the Inquisition, the Thirty Years' War, the Reign of Mary I of England, "religious wars" in France in 1562-1563, 1567-1568, and 1569-1570 and the "Troubles" of Ireland against any period of Muslim rule.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:20 AM

3,506 posts, read 3,957,821 times
If we could only delete Muhammad from the Koran, the book might be a pretty good read--100% lighter, kinder, and more enjoyable...

Last edited by motorman; 06-03-2011 at 03:40 AM..

Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 AM

13,856 posts, read 22,955,873 times
I've avoided reading the Qur'an because I can't read classical Arabic and reading it in translation strikes me as in some ways "doing it false" since it's very tied-up with its language. Still things like this make me think I should read an English translation as everyone seems to have an opinion about what's in there.

I read a bit of it just now and it confirms some of what I knew. Slavery is acceptable and believers should never marry unbelievers, but also it's important to be charitable and say kind words to others. Muhammad I'm pretty sure had Jewish allies. If Islam was like Nazism there wouldn't be Iranian or Middle Eastern Jews in the first place. They would have been annihilated centuries ago.

Muhammad led an army. He had slaves and he killed people. However I'm not sure if he's that different in these things from King Solomon or Joshua. Also as I understand Islam they are strictly forbidden from turning "Muhammad into an idol." They do not worship him and they may even say they don't follow him as such.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:45 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,734,367 times
Quote:
For that matter, why follow Islam, Zion, or Christianity?

Zion and Islam came about because two half-brothers split as a result of one getting the whole inheritance. and the other getting nothing. To date, they are still feuding over that lost inheritance. Christianity grew out of the Jewish Culture. But, the Ancient Hebrews took their religion from a still earlier religion.

In order to realize the God that created Adam and Eve, and communicated with the descendants of theirs, you need to go back to the oldest religion on the face of the earth. I used to think that was Hindu. It is not. The religious practices of ancient Sumer, in Babylonia, go back to 50,000 BC, and the Sumerain King List suggests that it may have gone back to more than 400,000 BC. It seems that An, or Anu, might have been the God that Adam and Eve made sacrifice to. Nearly everything in the Bible before the flood of Noah (Gilgamesh), is also in the Sumerian records.

That's much earlier than either Islam or Zionism. And, Christianity is a "Johny-come-lately" with it's beginning around 27 AD.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:52 AM

6,839 posts, read 6,181,041 times
Jesus was pretty peaceful unless you were a pig (Mathew 8:30-34) or a fig (Mathew 21:18).

Old 06-03-2011, 04:59 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,424,051 times
Quote:
Jesus was the most peaceful man around. He delivered the Great compassion of God.
You are srsly comparing the hateful rantings against Jews and Christians, pillaging and murders of Muhammad to Jesus's teachings? You are srsly saying that Hitler and Muhammad merit all the same accolades and love as Jesus? Are you out of your mind?
Jesus may have been peaceful but his followers were not. Christians carried out much violence in the name of Christianity and their goal was either to convert you or kill you. And lets not forget what they did to those they considered heretics........

I don't care how peaceful Jesus was Christianity was very violent so it does not much matter the carrier of the message.

Being peaceful does not guarantee a peaceful religion.

No one is giving accolades to either Hitler or Muhammad, just pointing out that Christianity historically has not been so peaceful.

When Christians rant against Muhammad and Islam they ought to remember Christianity does not have a peaceful past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam