U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-05-2011, 08:49 PM
 
35 posts, read 33,345 times
Reputation: 20

Advertisements

Islam has an American version called Mormonism. Same idea. A guy claims to be visited by an angel. He claims to be the last prophet and creates a new book of all the new teachings he bears from the angel. Heavy proselytizing and strong peer pressure for members not to leave. Move out to a promised place in the desert. Have lots of wives, and live a life that is not exactly a role model for good behavior.

At least the Mormons don't massacre people for disagreeing with them, or simply because they want to take away their land, make slaves, etc. I have a hard time seeing Mohammedism as loving when Darfur is pillaged without provocation. When false rumors of Koran burnings cause murders of innocent Christians in the Mideast. When Mohammed steals the wife of his adopted son, and calls it Allah's will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-05-2011, 08:52 PM
 
335 posts, read 323,910 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAH View Post
SOME MUSLIMS CONVERT TO CHRISTIANITY BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BE FREE WITHOUT Responsibility[PRAY 5 TIMES-FASTING-AVOID OF TABOO THINGS] DO YOU KNOW LOT OF MUSLIMS PEOPLE DID NOT READ QURAN FOR THIS EASY TO ATTRACT THEM TO Christianity IN MY COUNTRY THERE IS Evangelization Association THEY Pay Money TO POOR PEOPLE TO CONVERT THEM TO CHRISTIANITY LOOK HOW YOUR RELIGION NOT Convincing THEY USE Money BUT THE Surprise HOW MOST OF CHRISTIANITY HATE ISLAM BUT AFTER READ QURAN THEY CHANGE THIS MAN WAS ENEMY OF ISLAM BUT AFTER READ QURAN HE BECAME SHEACK CALL PEOPLE TO ISLAM I Challenge YOU GIVE ME Scientists MUSLIMS CONVERT TO YOUR RELIGION BECAUSE QURAN HAS LOT OF SINCE NOW DISCOVERED
YouTube - ‪- A Catholic TV asked Yusuf Estes- Why he Converted to Islam‬‏
Preachers, Mullahs, Imams, Scholars and Dawah missionaries who converted to ChristianityGuess they never read your waste of paper koran, huh?

List of people who converted to Christianity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Notable Former Muslims - WikiIslam Many websites of muslims who converted to christianity.
Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by june 7th; 06-07-2011 at 05:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2011, 09:19 PM
 
35 posts, read 33,345 times
Reputation: 20
The biggest obstacle to Muslims converting to Christianity is the death sentence imposed on them for doing so. If Islam was so appealing, why would need to prevent people from leaving by threatening to kill them.

One big difference between Christianity and Islam is love. In Islam, you are Allahs slave that he can hate, lie to, and condemn regardless of how righteous the person lives. In Christianity, the ancient Jewish scriptures are fullfilled in God choosing to suffer on our behalf. Not just for Christians, or Jews, but for the sake of anyone who would love the very nature of the loving God.

For every loving quote from the Koran you can quote, there is another quote about hate, killing, pillaging, and more. If nearly half of the Koran is made up of the lies meant to trick nonbelievers, and the other half the part that Allah really meant, how can you even be sure which half is which, since the passages are not chronological? Are the passages about loving people of the book the latter passages, or the parts about killing Christians and Jews later? I'm sure we both know that the common intrepretation is that the militaristic passages are believed to have been later, thus the rule of abrogation would nullify nearly all the loving passages of the Koran and leave it as a book of hate. Do you have a response to address these points?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2011, 09:59 PM
 
Location: Holiday, FL
1,577 posts, read 1,734,865 times
Reputation: 1156
Seems to me that Islam and Zion have little to disagree about. They've been feuding over Ishmael's lost inheritance for thousands of years now. Had Joseph given both boys equal shares, there would not have been a problem. Before Joseph, both Zion and Islam trace their beginnings to the same origin... Sumerian Myths. It's the Sumerian Mythology that traces back to the dawn of man on this earth. Everything else came later, including Hindu and Buddhism. And, Christianity didn't come along till 27 AD. Want to find the God of Adam and Eve? Go back to the Sumerian Pantheon. Somewhere amid what might be called "superstition" should be God. Then, check out the Sumerian King List and see how that compares to the texts we use today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2011, 10:27 PM
 
35 posts, read 33,345 times
Reputation: 20
Similarity does not equate to equality. Your argument does not prove invalidity of the Genesis account. In fact, the Genesis account permits the understanding of evolution of humans since the sons of Adam married the daughters of man. The concept of first souls marrying similarly human creatures lacking souls, but begetting souled creatures fits in with evolution.

Christianity began in 27 AD? Not exactly, but I get your point. You are not addressing tangible points of whether it is true or not. If it is true, it would be just as true if it was a week old. Even the Noah account has some historical archaeological basis. Is it invalid because the Epic of Gilgamesh in Babylon mentioned a similar account?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2011, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,974,576 times
Reputation: 5074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
In fact, the Genesis account permits the understanding of evolution of humans since the sons of Adam married the daughters of man.
What "man" were they the daughters of? Sounds incestuous to me. Was the "first man" (Adam) a Homo erectus, an australopithecine, archaic Homo sapiens, etc.? If you're going to try to make evolution and Genesis mesh, you've got to be specific.
Quote:
Even the Noah account has some historical archaeological basis.
Does it? I hope we're not going to the Mount Ararat hoax again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 01:13 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
The biggest obstacle to Muslims converting to Christianity is the death sentence imposed on them for doing so. If Islam was so appealing, why would need to prevent people from leaving by threatening to kill them.
A very common trait among Muslims is the majority of us have absolutly no fear of death. The threat of death would never stop a Muslim from leaving Islam if he/she thought it was the right thing to do. Besides that The death penalty for apostasy is permitted only if the leaving Islam constituted an act of treason to the country. There are quite a few apostates living peacefully in the Islamic nations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
One big difference between Christianity and Islam is love. In Islam, you are Allahs slave that he can hate, lie to, and condemn regardless of how righteous the person lives. In Christianity, the ancient Jewish scriptures are fullfilled in God choosing to suffer on our behalf. Not just for Christians, or Jews, but for the sake of anyone who would love the very nature of the loving God.
We submit to Allaah(swt) out of our own choice. Oddly when a Christian does the same he is called a Saint, when we do it we are called fools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
For every loving quote from the Koran you can quote, there is another quote about hate, killing, pillaging, and more. If nearly half of the Koran is made up of the lies meant to trick nonbelievers, and the other half the part that Allah really meant, how can you even be sure which half is which, since the passages are not chronological? Are the passages about loving people of the book the latter passages, or the parts about killing Christians and Jews later? I'm sure we both know that the common intrepretation is that the militaristic passages are believed to have been later, thus the rule of abrogation would nullify nearly all the loving passages of the Koran and leave it as a book of hate. Do you have a response to address these points?
I assume you have never studied the Quran in depth to arrive at that conclusion. Actually many if not most Muslims can give you the dates each Surah was revealed. The Quran is not arrainged in any specific order as it need not be. Each surah can be read independent of the others. The current order came about so the Qur'an could be divided into 30 nearly equal parts and for each part to be complete and equal about 1 hour reading for most people.If you insist on things to be in Chronological order, the ahadith are.

Now in returning to the original topic. I accepted Islam because I believe it to be the Truth. I stay with it because in Islam I do not answer to any clergy, follow any sacramental rituals and am fully responsible for my actions with no man or church between me and Allaah(swt). Becoming a slave of Allaah(swt) has completely freed me from being the slave of a church or any clergy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 04:02 AM
 
Location: 30-40N 90-100W
13,856 posts, read 22,961,646 times
Reputation: 6679
One thing is many people here are atheists so they would deem Christian submission to God to also be foolish or bad.

In respect to all decent Muslims I think these kinds of threads inspire more ill will than not. The original poster starting with

"Islam is different from all religions
Islam has the proof-Science That support it is true...
in Islam no mistake or Contradiction"

And then a series of "Ask XYZ" testimonials. The message that comes across, for me, is that Muslims (on this site at least) are a pushy people who want one-sided conversations about how their religion is better than everyone else's. And that doesn't inspire goodwill IMO.

To the original topic my guess would be people convert to Islam for the reason people convert to various religions or philosophies. In no particular order.

*They were in a bad point in their life and Islam or Muslims helped them through it.
*They were dissatisfied with their existing belief system, or lack of one, so after looking into others decided Islam was right for them or true.
*They were impressed by a Muslim so got interested in it and ended up converting.
*They married a Muslim.

Some I've seen that might be more unique to converts to Islam.

*They wanted to reject or rebel against the USA or "Western culture" in general. (Granted Islam is in itself is arguably a "Western culture" but it's not always seen as such)
*They believe, rightly or wrongly, that their ancestors were Muslims. (Somewhat related to the above)
*The "bad point" in their life was specifically prison.
*They hated either Israel or Jews and came to feel, rightly or wrongly, that Islam was the faith most accepting of that view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
One thing is many people here are atheists so they would deem Christian submission to God to also be foolish or bad.

In respect to all decent Muslims I think these kinds of threads inspire more ill will than not. The original poster starting with

"Islam is different from all religions
Islam has the proof-Science That support it is true...
in Islam no mistake or Contradiction"

And then a series of "Ask XYZ" testimonials. The message that comes across, for me, is that Muslims (on this site at least) are a pushy people who want one-sided conversations about how their religion is better than everyone else's. And that doesn't inspire goodwill IMO.

To the original topic my guess would be people convert to Islam for the reason people convert to various religions or philosophies. In no particular order.

*They were in a bad point in their life and Islam or Muslims helped them through it.
*They were dissatisfied with their existing belief system, or lack of one, so after looking into others decided Islam was right for them or true.
*They were impressed by a Muslim so got interested in it and ended up converting.
*They married a Muslim.

Some I've seen that might be more unique to converts to Islam.

*They wanted to reject or rebel against the USA or "Western culture" in general. (Granted Islam is in itself is arguably a "Western culture" but it's not always seen as such)
*They believe, rightly or wrongly, that their ancestors were Muslims. (Somewhat related to the above)
*The "bad point" in their life was specifically prison.
*They hated either Israel or Jews and came to feel, rightly or wrongly, that Islam was the faith most accepting of that view.
I do appreciate your honest and sincere critique.You do bring up some valid points that are worth looking at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 11:23 AM
 
147 posts, read 133,318 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
Preachers, Mullahs, Imams, Scholars and Dawah missionaries who converted to ChristianityGuess they never read your waste of paper koran, huh?

List of people who converted to Christianity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Notable Former Muslims - WikiIslam Many websites of muslims who converted to christianity.

BTW, I do not have a religion. I'm just exposing your silliness.
you did not understand me i challenged you give me Scientists MUSLIMS not imam or sheick i will explain what is the different between them scientists MUSLIMS [AFTER READ THE SINCE OF QURAN THEY SEARCH ABOUT THIS MIRACLES IF IT IS TRUE OR NOT IN THE END THEY DISCOVERED IT IS THE TRUE AND and people of west discover things but they surprise when they found it qoran ]ALLAH SAID IN QURAN [
Allah sends down rain from the sky? With it We then bring out produce of various colours. And in the mountains are tracts white and red, of various shades of colour, and black intense in hue.
( 28 ) And so amongst men and crawling creatures and cattle, are they of various colours. Those truly fear Allah, among His Servants, who have knowledge: for Allah is Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving.] -----LIKE THIS DR-ZAGLOL ELNAGAR
YouTube - ‪The Scientific Precision of the Qur'an‬‏ SHEICK OR IMAM [LIKE TEACHER ] THE TEACHER TEACH what the scientists discovered by the way i told you tree reasons why some Muslims convert to Christianity some of them want to be free without rules this is your comment [ BTW, I do not have a religion. I'm just exposing your silliness.[/quote]]Do you know who is silly
who live like animals because the holy quran has lot of since but the animals did not understand -------------i challenge all the Christian or the other people from other religion give me any mistake in quran or any bad thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top