U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:51 AM

30,875 posts, read 31,750,270 times

Advertisements

I'll take your challenge..

54:1 The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain.

67:5 And verily We have beautified the world's heaven with lamps, (stars) and We have made them missiles for the devils, and for them We have prepared the doom of flame.

96:2 Createth man from a clot.

4:89 They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve, that ye may be upon a level (with them). So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah; if they turn back (to enmity) then take them and kill them wherever ye find them, and choose no friend nor helper from among them,

6:70 And forsake those who take their religion for a pastime and a jest, and whom the life of the world beguileth. Remind (mankind) hereby lest a soul be destroyed by what it earneth. It hath beside Allah no protecting ally nor intercessor, and though it offer every compensation it will not be accepted from it. Those are they who perish by their own deserts. For them is drink of boiling water and a painful doom, because they disbelieved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 03:36 PM

335 posts, read 323,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAH View Post
i challenge all the Christian or the other people from other religion give me any mistake in quran or any bad thing
Oh boy.

Just so you know, what you call science "specific" to the koran, was already known. It wasn't penned until the 7th century. It might have been new to the muslims, but not others. Unless you want to talk about creating Jinn(genies) with smokeless fire. I don't think science would be bothered with such things.

Tell you what, you provide a jinn for me, then I will give credibility to your koran. How's that?

Old 06-06-2011, 04:10 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
Oh boy.

Just so you know, what you call science "specific" to the koran, was already known. It wasn't penned until the 7th century. It might have been new to the muslims, but not others. Unless you want to talk about creating Jinn(genies) with smokeless fire. I don't think science would be bothered with such things.

Tell you what, you provide a jinn for me, then I will give credibility to your koran. How's that?
Spoken like a true Jinn.

The Jinn are not of our concern. It is possible they may turn out to be beings from beyond earth or even another galaxy. They also show up in Christianity. The Christians call them fallen angels, but we do not believe the angles can fall as they have no free free will.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Spoken like a true Jinn.

The Jinn are not of our concern. It is possible they may turn out to be beings from beyond earth or even another galaxy. They also show up in Christianity. The Christians call them fallen angels, but we do not believe the angles can fall as they have no free free will.
I am unaware of any "smokeless fire" in my lineage. Not on my doctors chart either.

I though they were created from "smokeless fire" and angels were created from light? If that is so, then they are not "fallen angels." The koran teaches them as a different creation from that of angels or man. It also says they (angels) do not have free will, but jinn and men do.

I think you need to study up a bit.

Show me the one mohhamad converted, he is a good Jinn now, right?

Old 06-06-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I though they were created from "smokeless fire" and angels were created from light? If that is so, then they are not "fallen angels." The koran teaches them as a different creation from that of angels or man. It also says they (angels) do not have free will, but jinn and men do.

I think you need to study up a bit.

Show me the one mohhamad converted, he is a good Jinn now, right?

I suspect you misunderstood me. I did not say we believed the Jinn were fallen angels. I said the Christians call them so. We know they can not be angels as they do have free will, live a mortal life, have children and free will. They have very human attributes but are physically/materially different.

there are Muslim Jinn and there are non-believer jinn. But for the most part we need have no concern about them.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Spoken like a true Jinn.

Oh come on now, they are just mythical fantasy creatures, like so many others in so called holy books.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
We know they can not be angels as they do have free will, live a mortal life, have children and free will. They have very human attributes but are physically/materially different.

there are Muslim Jinn and there are non-believer jinn. But for the most part we need have no concern about them.
Prove anything you say here. Including the part about Christian religions believing or teaching what you describe here about your jinn.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Prove anything you say here. Including the part about Christian religions believing or teaching what you describe here about your jinn.
The Christians do not believe same as us about Jinn. What we believe to be Jinn, the Chirtians believe to be fallen angels. We say they can not be angels as the angels have no free will and therefore can not sin or fall. The Christians differ and say Satan was a fallen angel. We say he was a Jinn.

but we both agree a creature refused to bow before man and led Adam and Eve into sin. We do differ as to what the creature was.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
The Christians do not believe same as us about Jinn. What we believe to be Jinn, the Chirtians believe to be fallen angels. We say they can not be angels as the angels have no free will and therefore can not sin or fall. The Christians differ and say Satan was a fallen angel. We say he was a Jinn.

but we both agree a creature refused to bow before man and led Adam and Eve into sin. We do differ as to what the creature was.
The whole concept of jinn/angels is just, well, absolutely as silly as witches flying on brooms, or men turning into wolves or bats...How on earth can anyone with half a mind believe this nonsense?

I used to think most people left "make believe" behind when they become adults...I guess I was wrong.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The whole concept of jinn/angels is just, well, absolutely as silly as witches flying on brooms, or men turning into wolves or bats...How on earth can anyone with half a mind believe this nonsense?

I used to think most people left "make believe" behind when they become adults...I guess I was wrong.
Yep right up there with the Okapi, platypus, Extra-terrestrial life, and Television.

But thanks for reminding me I need to clean the broom closet because my Mother-in-Law is flying in from Chicago tonight.

What to a believer is true,is often false to a disbeliver. What is true to a disbeliever is often false to a believer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or