U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 11:36 AM

668 posts, read 823,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawary View Post
Really?

I do not believe in "peaceful" Islam.

Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 11:52 AM

912 posts, read 720,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I doubt very much it is the only way decent human being can be convinced to participate in or commit atrocities. War seems to have that ability also. So can famine and natural disasters.

National pride may even be a stronger influence than religion in terms of manipulating the emotions, actions and beliefs of people. So are family traditions.
The violent members are the leaders Woodrow, they have the greatest impact and effect of the faith. They in fact truly represent Islam by virtue of greatest effect.

The only reason Mystic's prophesy is not in the present... is due to
first hand experience & lack of intelligence.

Where the stone of Islam is in hand it will be thrown. It always is... as the stone would be the ultimate inspiration of choice within the quran. All thats ultimately shared. All thats seen.

Where force becomes available to Islam enthusiasts we know it is used
& will be used . Expected worldly experience is even further in store, without doubt.

The world will properly climb upon the common villain expressing absolute rejection. The worldly neighborhood will find harmony in the mutual objective. An ease in peace rooting out the evil.

Evil well identified in the mind which picks up a stone.... and mutilates an individual for opinion. What we know Islam can only be.. by virtue of what is shared.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 06-12-2011 at 12:09 PM..

Old 06-12-2011, 02:08 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
The violent members are the leaders Woodrow, they have the greatest impact and effect of the faith. They in fact truly represent Islam by virtue of greatest effect.
As unfair as it is, you are correct. People do tend to see the bad as the representation of all
Quote:
The only reason Mystic's prophesy is not in the present... is due to
first hand experience & lack of intelligence.
Quote:
Where the stone of Islam is in hand it will be thrown. It always is... as the stone would be the ultimate inspiration of choice within the quran. All thats ultimately shared. All thats seen.

Where force becomes available to Islam enthusiasts we know it is used
& will be used . Expected worldly experience is even further in store, without doubt.
The same is true of people, of any faith, who go against their own faith and use it for their own reasons.

Quote:
The world will properly climb upon the common villain expressing absolute rejection. The worldly neighborhood will find harmony in the mutual objective. An ease in peace rooting out the evil.

Evil well identified in the mind which picks up a stone.... and mutilates an individual for opinion. What we know Islam can only be.. by virtue of what is shared.
Perhaps you need to find what nearly 90% of the world's Muslims really do believe and how we actually live in harmony with those around us. Keep in mind if just 1 out of every 1,000 muslims is violent, that means there are nearly 2,000,000 maniacs running around who people see as their only view of Islam. The other 1,998,000,000 Muslims become invisible to the world that does not want to see them. (Current world estimate of Muslims range from 1.5 billion to 2.2 billion, I used 2 billion for my figures)

Old 06-12-2011, 05:29 PM

461 posts, read 509,530 times
ashkarloveALLAH,

I cannot give you a conservative (or fundamentalist), mainstream answer. I understand their position, but you are asking me from the heart.

In Christianity, Jesus THE Christ became God's instrument for removing the barrier between God and mankind. All were welcomed into the Kingdom of God.

Regardless of whether people believe Jesus IS God or not (for at least 300 years after the resurrection, followers of the Christ killed each other over that question of doctrine), what is most important is the Good News that people were now included in the Kingdom of God.

Before Charlamagne helped changed the Christian philosophy, Christians lived in this world view: they lived in an imperfect Kingdom of God, doing the work of God (loving one another, creating social structures for helping each other, and spreading the good news that there is hope beyond death), and then expecting entrance into the perfect Kingdom of God.

Thus, if one embraces the belief that he or she has been saved by God, then there should be no doubt about whether or not that person will enter Heaven.

Unfortunately, this is a rare case. Organized congregations "love" to bash congregants over the head with doom and destruction if they do not follow church rules or do certain actions (like giving money, knocking on doors) to promote their brand of Christianity.

In simple answer, if I believe that I have been saved then I have taken the philosophy into my heart. I have the full assurance of salvation. That assurance should make me more open to people, more accepting of people no matter who or what they are, and my life reflecting what I believe. There is nothing I can do to save myself. It is a gift from God. The best way I can thank God is by living a life that reflects that thanks, not as a one apart from the world but very much a part of the world: a light to lighten the darkness.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:45 PM

241 posts, read 432,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
Muslims love peace, but if they defend themselves considered as terrorists

Even animals defend themselves aren't they?
>>>>>
I absolutely agree with you

Old 06-12-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
An animal defends itself against a foe standing in front of him wanting to kill him.

He does not fly airplanes into buildings, strap bombs on his body and walk into buildings filled with people, nor shoot rockets into civilian areas filled with people going about their everyday lives....

Big difference......
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
>>>>>>>>>>>
9-11th again!!
That's happened on 2001 oh my god??
As usual it takes long time for the Americans to accept some thing
Just like what you have done for the poor Indian and black people
,,,,,,,, you are killing us in millions !! On Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine

Old 06-12-2011, 05:56 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,425,113 times
Quote:
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
>>>>>>>>>>>
9-11th again!!
That's happened on 2001 oh my god??
As usual it takes long time for the Americans to accept some thing
Just like what you have done for the poor Indian and black people
,,,,,,,, you are killing us in millions !! On Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine
Yeah heaven forbid we continue to remember that.... We will never forget it..

Muslim crimes against innocent men, women and children......

Old 06-12-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Funny not to want to live with democracy and freedom of religion....

Have you ever lived under democracy? Have you ever lived in a place where no matter your beliefs you are free to practice them...

Where churches, mosques, synagogues are everywhere and people are openly free to follow their faith.

I am safe in my country but I would not be safe in a Muslim country because I am a Jew.

Where atheists are free to not have a religion.

Where no matter your sexual orientation you don't have to be afraid of being executed for them.

its amazing to me to think anyone would not want to live in freedom...

In most Islamic countries non Muslims have good reason to be afraid...

People are killed for being gay...

Women are arrested and charged for being raped, not the rapist...

The leaders are not elected so if you don't like your government, Oh well I guess you are out of luck..

Now we see what happens when the people in Islamic countries with autocratic governments or monarchies are going through to have freedoms..

Syria, Yemen, Lybia are massacring its citizens for taking to the streets to demand freedoms.

The other countries that aren't dealing with open revolt to their authoritarian governments may soon be dealing with the open revolts.

>>>>>>>>>>
Hah democracy!! What about burning the Quran on U.S do you call that democracy?!
Believe it or not my brother has a Jew friend and he is living peacefully on Muslim country
I'm talking about my country not Syria, Yemen and Libya!!

Old 06-12-2011, 06:06 PM

40,053 posts, read 26,730,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
Muslims love peace, but if they defend themselves considered as terrorists
Even animals defend themselves aren't they?
Quote:
>>>>>
I absolutely agree with you
There is no self-defense involved in Muslim atrocities . . . just evil atrocities in support of an evil and barbaric deen. If what Woodrow says about the majority of Muslims is true . . . they better find a way to muzzle and stop their rabid dogs (if they are such a small minority) . . . or they will be the cause of your annihilation for the atrocities committed by them. When mass numbers of innocent civilian populations are harmed . . . you can forget about the protection of the Constitution. Your Allah will NEVER be the God of all . . . but He may be the death of you all . . . if you don't join the 21st Century and become civilized . . . soon.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Sorry but Israel is no longer in Gaza, they left years ago.... Yet Hamas still sends rockets into Southern Israel...

The folks they are attacking are villages of civilians going about their daily lives.......

That is not self defense.....

Israel is having to place the iron dome rocket defense system to protect civilians against the rocket attacks.....

A defensive move so the rockets are destroyed in the air before they reach their targets...

That does not sound like Gaza is defending itself, it is a very offensive move to send rockets into civilian areas, killing men, women and children who are not attacking you...

Animals attack for survival and food...
Animals attack a foe in front of him wanting to kill him... Not an enemy 100s of miles away.

Animals attack for food, again the animal is in close proximity..... Not 100s of miles away...

There is a blockade agains Gaza for this very reason..... Rockets

When rockets stop going into Israel, the blockade will end because there will not be a need to stop weapons from being smuggled into Gaza for Hamas to use...

When Gaza is not being run by Hamas a terrorist organization who wants nothing other then the destruction of Israel then the blockade will end...

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
>>>>>>>>>>
What about Lebanon war ... how do you explain that?!!
Hamas is defending their citizen and they don't want to admit Israel
civilian area !! Exactly how you killed many Children in Gaza & Lebanon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam