U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 06:21 PM

241 posts, read 432,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
Muslim Message to Israel, United States, and other non-muslim countries:

We are regualrly indoctinating and training teenagers with Jihadist ideology, and genuine Islamic values.

Coming to a town near you.

Hamas Summer Camps Train Next Generation Terrorists - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Thats not the point
the point is peace not Jihad with no reason!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
Really?

I do not believe in "peaceful" Islam.

Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time

>>>>>>>>
Why was that ?!
I challenge you to read about Islam and find out any mistakes on it
I challenge you

Old 06-12-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallisdj View Post
ashkarloveALLAH,

I cannot give you a conservative (or fundamentalist), mainstream answer. I understand their position, but you are asking me from the heart.

In Christianity, Jesus THE Christ became God's instrument for removing the barrier between God and mankind. All were welcomed into the Kingdom of God.

Regardless of whether people believe Jesus IS God or not (for at least 300 years after the resurrection, followers of the Christ killed each other over that question of doctrine), what is most important is the Good News that people were now included in the Kingdom of God.

Before Charlamagne helped changed the Christian philosophy, Christians lived in this world view: they lived in an imperfect Kingdom of God, doing the work of God (loving one another, creating social structures for helping each other, and spreading the good news that there is hope beyond death), and then expecting entrance into the perfect Kingdom of God.

Thus, if one embraces the belief that he or she has been saved by God, then there should be no doubt about whether or not that person will enter Heaven.

Unfortunately, this is a rare case. Organized congregations "love" to bash congregants over the head with doom and destruction if they do not follow church rules or do certain actions (like giving money, knocking on doors) to promote their brand of Christianity.

In simple answer, if I believe that I have been saved then I have taken the philosophy into my heart. I have the full assurance of salvation. That assurance should make me more open to people, more accepting of people no matter who or what they are, and my life reflecting what I believe. There is nothing I can do to save myself. It is a gift from God. The best way I can thank God is by living a life that reflects that thanks, not as a one apart from the world but very much a part of the world: a light to lighten the darkness.

>>>>>>>>>>
Thanks for sharing us your believes
if you read the Quran you will find out some similarities between the Quean and the Bible
I read the bible and I find out that

Old 06-12-2011, 06:58 PM

912 posts, read 720,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
As unfair as it is, you are correct. People do tend to see the bad as the representation of all

The same is true of people, of any faith, who go against their own faith and use it for their own reasons.

Perhaps you need to find what nearly 90% of the world's Muslims really do believe and how we actually live in harmony with those around us. Keep in mind if just 1 out of every 1,000 muslims is violent, that means there are nearly 2,000,000 maniacs running around who people see as their only view of Islam. The other 1,998,000,000 Muslims become invisible to the world that does not want to see them. (Current world estimate of Muslims range from 1.5 billion to 2.2 billion, I used 2 billion for my figures)
Muslims abroad live in fear. I believe that it is fear.Muslims in native countries would all transfer to N/A if given a chance. I believe many want out Those figures are not revealing insight at all.

Muslims are sworn to defend the Islam faith with battle based on individual discretion. I believe that is at the heart of the problem. There is a real weapon behind all and any encounter , discussion and daily experience. Its sharpened and ready to go...( if individually deemed neccesary in defense of Islam..& can be gotten away with, in the name of Allah).......do you agree ?

Don't forget the judge in the Islamic State that ordered an old lady to 15 lash's for allowing a young man to carry her groceries. Did you include this country in the numbers enjoying harmony?
You guys refuse to be led by anything but the quran in keeping with quran guidlines . Therefore all suggestions which your faith recieves are refused. Therefore the closed message to people outside of Islam is a hopeless situation and meaningless by virtue of a closed mind. Do you agree?

Last edited by Blue Hue; 06-12-2011 at 07:25 PM..

Old 06-12-2011, 07:36 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,291,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
Muslims abroad live in fear. I believe that it is fear.Muslims in native countries would all transfer to N/A if given a chance. I believe many want out Those figures are not revealing insight at all. Muslims are sworn to defend the Islam faith with battle based on individual discretion. I believe that is at the heart of the problem. There is a real weapon behind all and any encounter , discussion and daily experience. Its sharpened and ready to go.......do you agree ?

I can only speak from personal experience. Long before I accepted Islam, I did considerable traveling. some military, some personal and some as an Evangelist. I always felt safest and among the most friendly people in the Islamic nations.

About the only Muslims I know who want to come to the USA are in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. The ones in the UAE, Saudi, Syria, Yemen, Jordan, Egypt, Morocco, India, Malaysia, Indonesia and Lebanon are quite content with staying there. At the present time there are 47 Nations with a Muslim majority. But it would be virtually impossible to ever organize them into a unified front. there are too many language and culture barriers to overcome. If they ever did unite it would be the result of a Miracle. No more than 15% of the world's Muslims speak Arabic, even though many of us understand Quranic Arabic, we can not carry on conversations in it.

You will never get a combined effort of all the Islamic Nations to launch a combined attact against any Nation. Case in point the only Islamic Nation to ever engage in military support of Palestine against Israel has been Egypt. Even though Israel is in the very center of the Arab world.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:49 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,427,230 times
[quote=nawary;9-11th again!!
That's happened on 2001 oh my god??
As usual it takes long time for the Americans to accept some thing
Just like what you have done for the poor Indian and black people
,,,,,,,, you are killing us in millions !! On Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine

Yes I agree the Europeans treated the Native Americans badly and this country was settled and the Native Americans suffered for it. But I was not alive and I have no control over what happened in this country as it was settled. Like I was not alive when there was slavery.

Were you responsible for the slavery of the middle east? Were you responsible for the Arab slave traders? I think not.

Arab/Muslims were involved in the slave trade and I have listed a couple of urls for information so you can see how the Muslim world was very active in the slave trade.

Islamic views on slavery:
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_slavery]Islamic views on slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

The Islamic prophet Muhammad and many of his companions reformed the already existing system of slavery by giving the captives / POWs in private custody of Muslim soldiers instead of public/state custody as prevalent in the modern world for there had been no official prisons available in the newly created Muslim state in Madina headed by Muhammad.

Arabs were involved in the slave trade:
Arab slave trade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quite possibly, the maintenance of slavery and the social acceptance of slaves were important drawing cards for Islam as it penetrated Africa. Without a knowledge of history, many Africans may be unaware of the fact that Islamic traders carried on a steady slave trade from East African ports for many centuries. Records are available which contain the lists of goods involved in trade with the rest of the world.

Arabs and Slave Trade
Muslim merchants traveled to India, Ceylon, the East Indies, and China, over sea and land, bringing back silks, spices, aromatics, woods, tin, and many other items. Records mention 'slave girls' from the Byzantine Empire along with gold and silver, marble workers, and eunuchs. Surprisingly, Muslim traders went as far away as Scandinavia, and especially Sweden, where scores of Muslim coins have been found with inscriptions from the seventh and eleventh centuries. On the long lists of goods which Muslim traders imported from Scandinavia, are found 'Slavonic slaves, sheep, and cattle' (cited by Lewis in The Arabs in History). An early ninth century geographer, Ibn Kurradadhbeh, describes Jewish merchants from the south of France 'who speak Arabic, Persian, Greek, Frankish, Spanish, and Slavonic. They travel from west to east and east to west, by land and sea. From the west they bring eunuchs, slave girls and boys, brocade, beaver skins, sable and other furs, and swords'.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:42 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,344,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

(Current world estimate of Muslims range from 1.5 billion to 2.2 billion, I used 2 billion for my figures)
Wikipedia puts the world Muslim population at 1.571 billion

There are slightly over 7 billion people in the world.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:06 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,291,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Wikipedia puts the world Muslim population at 1.571 billion

There are slightly over 7 billion people in the world.

I used them for the 1.5 low estimate. For the high numbers I used the 7 billion population and from a Christian site the estimate that Muslims now account 3/8 of the world population. that did seem high so I compromised at 1.2 Billion.

It is probably impossible to get an exact figure as there are no membership roles for Muslims, we do not join any Mosque as a member. Plus very many Muslims especially in non-Islamic countries do not attend any mosque and say their prayers at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam