U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 01:10 PM

616 posts, read 591,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
What we don't see is you moderates out in force and vocal about it, you live in fear for your life because they put death threats on any one that speaks out against them.

Speaking out takes courage and until you lot clean up house from the inside, you will continue to be viewed as barbaric, uneducated, immoral, and archaic. You really cannot blame how the world stereotypes muslims.

Only when education and civilization is allowed to flourish in the backward muslim countries, will you be accepted as you want to be. The folk that carry out acts of violence against their own are never prosecuted, the punishment never fits the crime if they do, stuff like honor killings, throwing acid in girls faces etc.

Do not bring me one or two of people that gaves your media, then say the Muslim world be that, so these crimes are happen in your world more but, because your media is focus on Islam Only

and I think that you had Misconception about muslim countries who was said that they are backward!!!!

Do not tell us this is tradition or cultural, it is simply barbaric and has no place in the modern world.
Quote:

What we don't see is you moderates out in force and vocal about it, you live in fear for your life because they put death threats on any one that speaks out against them.

NO. they know that Muslims are\still against their actions and speaks out against them

Quote:

Do not tell us this is tradition or cultural, it is simply barbaric and has no place in the modern world

what?

I think you are kidding !!! barbaric and has no place in the modern world?

What did your modern world in Iraq and Afghanistan, Guantanamo were the top barbaric

So, See for yourself before you look someone

Last edited by weaam; 06-25-2011 at 01:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 01:35 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,426,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Dubai is essentially without oil income. It is breaking free from the chains of dependency upon oil for income. Yes Dubai is using Western technology were needed. Just as the rest of the world has to use technology from a multitude of nations.

The Mideast is very much aware the income from oil has long passed it's peak and is now in decline. Pakistan is going for Medical expertise, Karachi is now a major center for kidney surgery and many Europeans now go to Karachi for kidney surgery.

The point being the Mideast nations that are not under constant bombing are developing. Some of the sad results of the "War on Terror" are that many of the countries have fallen into anarchy.

I doubt the anarchy and lack of development can be blamed on the war on terror or the West. But there would be no war on terror if the islamist weren't bent on committing terror acts both against the west and their own co-religionists.

They were third world countries without any rights for their citizens before the war on terror started.

You can blame the rulers of these countries (autocratic dictators) and their need to hold onto power for the conditions of these countries.

Lack of education, lack of human rights, etc were there already. What these autocratic rulers have done to hang on to their own power and to stop their citizens from seeing where the real blame lies is to blame the West for their problems.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I doubt the anarchy and lack of development can be blamed on the war on terror or the West. But there would be no war on terror if the islamist weren't bent on committing terror acts both against the west and their own co-religionists.

They were third world countries without any rights for their citizens before the war on terror started.

You can blame the rulers of these countries (autocratic dictators) and their need to hold onto power for the conditions of these countries.

Lack of education, lack of human rights, etc were there already. What these autocratic rulers have done to hang on to their own power and to stop their citizens from seeing where the real blame lies is to blame the West for their problems.

All the Gulf countries where an excellent education, Development in the economy and construction

All Muslim countries, education is also excellent but the states that your country launched a war on become their education,economy very bad

As for the lack of human rights in some Muslim countries was the Dictators rulers have a big role to it, for that were revolutions in the Arab countries to change these rulers

Old 06-25-2011, 02:01 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,981,222 times
Woodrow LI: I believe that Dubai is the richest country per capita in the world. If not from oil, where does it get all its income? What could it replace it with?

Jazzymom: Great post. Dictators and religion go together quite well, don't they?

Old 06-25-2011, 02:10 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

And there has been a long battle to kick out the Autocratic Rulers. Sadly they are often backed by forces from other nations. some examples of recent years Pakistan, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Saudi, Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Syria and Algeria. It is true the USA did topple Saddam in Iraq and the Iraqi were very gratefull for that. The problem is the USA stayed in Iraq after Saddam fell.

At the moment I can not think of any Muslim country that has a leader who represents either the people or Islam. They are all despots that need to be removed. There will no peace in many of the Mideast countries until every leader is replaced with a sincere Muslim who does represent Islam and the population.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:39 PM

[quote=Woodrow LI;19750326]And there has been a long battle to kick out the Autocratic Rulers. Sadly they are often backed by forces from other nations. some examples of recent years Pakistan, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Saudi, Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Syria and Algeria. It is true the USA did topple Saddam in Iraq and the Iraqi were very gratefull for that. The problem is the USA stayed in Iraq after Saddam fell.

Yeah they did because the vacuum left after Sadaam was filled by the influx of Islamist influences and the militias (shia and sunni) and the onslaught of suicide bombings, genocide and ethnic cleansing that took place. I think the forces would have been glad to leave a stable country but it was anything but stable. Personally I wish my country had left and Iraqis could have dealt with it themselves.

At the moment I can not think of any Muslim country that has a leader who represents either the people or Islam. They are all despots that need to be removed. There will no peace in many of the Mideast countries until every leader is replaced with a sincere Muslim who does represent Islam and the population.

There will be no peace until all countries have democratic forms of government that are secular and respect the human rights of all citizens, no matter gender, religion or political outlook. Leaders should represent the people not a religion.

Religion has no place in government period.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
And there has been a long battle to kick out the Autocratic Rulers. Sadly they are often backed by forces from other nations. some examples of recent years Pakistan, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Saudi, Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Syria and Algeria. It is true the USA did topple Saddam in Iraq and the Iraqi were very gratefull for that. The problem is the USA stayed in Iraq after Saddam fell.

turned to the occupation and the destruction and killed millions of Iraqi people,this is still any American hypocrite refuses to recognize to Error her \him country

you are totally right

Old 06-25-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
you are totally right

Muslim on Muslim violence is what you ought to be outraged about:

Muslim on Muslim Genocide: 25 Shia Blown to Pieces in Iraq Bombing -

22 killed in suicide car bombings in Iraq - USATODAY.com

January 2011 Iraq suicide attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/06/wo...t/06hilla.html

Old 06-25-2011, 03:14 PM

I know these things without your links, After America's entry to Iraq and her destruction began the war between Sunnis and Shiites and was Shi'ites betrayed to Sunnah but Before the war this was not found in

Blame your country

This is what war is doing in each place, does not make but division

The second time, give me the links for the millions killed by America also

Old 06-25-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
I know these things without your links, After America's entry to Iraq and her destruction began the war between Sunnis and Shiites and was Shi'ites betrayed to Sunnah but Before the war this was not found in

Blame your country

This is what war is doing in each place, does not make but division

The second time, give me the links for the millions killed by America also

It wasn't found because Saddam ruled his country with an iron fist and kept the shia majority under control. The shia once he was gone understood that they were no longer being ruled by the Sunni or the Bath party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or