U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 12:23 AM

7,653 posts, read 15,372,443 times

Advertisements

European Muslims generally assimilate into the cultures of their home countries within one or two generations, just as immigrants here have done, although one has to admit that the cultures of at least some European countries are more resistant to assimilation than the U.S.

I think Europe's anemic fertility rate is a tragedy, but I don't buy the whole Muslim take-over of Europe. If anything, secularism has ravaged most of Europe. For example, the World Values Survey asked respondents in a number of countries how important God was in their life on a scale of 1 to 10. For young people (15-29) in the United States, 62% chose a "8", "9", or "10"; for France, the equivalent figure was 18%, for Great Britain 24%, for Spain 12%, for Germany 22%. Only 5% of young American respondents chose "1", compare this to 31% in France, 28% in the U.K., 30% in Spain, and 37% in Germany.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 12:31 AM

30,937 posts, read 31,833,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
European Muslims generally assimilate into the cultures of their home countries within one or two generations, just as immigrants here have done, although one has to admit that the cultures of at least some European countries are more resistant to assimilation than the U.S.

I think Europe's anemic fertility rate is a tragedy, but I don't buy the whole Muslim take-over of Europe. If anything, secularism has ravaged most of Europe. For example, the World Values Survey asked respondents in a number of countries how important God was in their life on a scale of 1 to 10. For young people (15-29) in the United States, 62% chose a "8", "9", or "10"; for France, the equivalent figure was 18%, for Great Britain 24%, for Spain 12%, for Germany 22%. Only 5% of young American respondents chose "1", compare this to 31% in France, 28% in the U.K., 30% in Spain, and 37% in Germany.
From my point of view the results of the survey is a good thing for Europe, and not so much for the US. Too bad that the US has so much catching up to do, but I feel confident that eventually it will.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:34 AM

40,228 posts, read 26,840,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Yeah the suicide bombers are all made up. Those were imaginary planes that hit the twin towers.
And there was no Osama Bin laden.
Like I said the world is at war against extremist Islam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
You and muslims like you who say they want a world to be under one religion scare me to death...
The world needs to wake up.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There you go again defending the extremists and trying to excuse their actions....Possibly Bin Laden? Those poor innocent Afghans...Wait just a minute.
You click on the Web site and see a home video of an Afghan woman on her knees in the middle of the Kabul Ghazi Sports Stadium.
She wears a baby-blue burqa. That's the head-to-toe covering, slits for eyes, no peripheral vision, that the Taliban requires be worn by women who, before 1997, made up 70 percent of that country's teachers, 40 percent of its physicians, 60 percent of its university teachers and half of its government workers.
The kneeling woman looks behind her as a bearded man approaches with a machine gun. He puts its barrel to the back of her head. She turns to face the ground. And he shoots. Bam. No preliminaries. No hesitation, proclamations or last words. You see something dark exit the woman's head. You see what appears to be the impact of the bullet splaying dirt beneath her, before she falls. It's dated Nov. 16, 1999.
Scroll down. It's the Live Photos of Massacre of 300 at Yakawlang site, dated January 2001. Click here for ``movie clips.'' You see burqa-covered skeletons and clots of blood on walls.
Then there is the Afghan Refugees Eating Grass site: freezing temperatures kills 18 children, Jan. 16, 2001. There is the Afghan Children of Garbage in Pakistan site. Pre-schoolers eat from overturned garbage bags.
It quickly becomes clear that opportunities to view Taliban atrocities are sickeningly endless at http://pz.rawa.org/rawa/index.html (broken link). Its creators warn you: the photos herein are not for the faint of heart.
Afghan atrocities warn, if you watch, Sunday, September 23, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
You really have no choice if you head is chopped off?
You are living in a dream word. A point may come that folk will no longer discriminate and do what happened in WWII, carpet bombing except we now have missiles that do the job w/o massive loss to aircrews lives. Islam has no army that can match NATO or the WEST and thus are limited to suicide tactics.
The west can destroy your holy places w/o much effort with the press of a button and can eradicate your religion in a matter of days. We wont do that as we are of course civilized, the muslims nations are not. It is actually you folk that should be living in fear not us.
If you think you are a threat to the free world, think again.
The apologists for Islam are just doing Allah's command to lie and deceive the infidels in support of Jihad. They know full well that "Islam extremists" is a lie . . . they are representative of Islam, period. Unfortunately, they are so ignorant and deluded that they actually believe they can succeed in "Islamifying" the world under Sharia if they are patient enough.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:42 AM

15,332 posts, read 10,375,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The apologists for Islam are just doing Allah's command to lie and deceive the infidels in support of Jihad.
No different than the apologists for Christianity though Mystic. I mean, we've all seen the downright lies and falsification of science put out by 'Lying for Jesus' organisations like AiG and the ICR in order to advance Christianity. The sooner the planet is free of belief in stone-age mythology, the better we'll all be.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:46 AM

4,800 posts, read 10,601,616 times
Quote:
the World Values Survey asked respondents in a number of countries how important God was in their life on a scale of 1 to 10. For young people (15-29) in the United States, 62% chose a "8", "9", or "10"; for France, the equivalent figure was 18%, for Great Britain 24%, for Spain 12%, for Germany 22%. Only 5% of young American respondents chose "1", compare this to 31% in France, 28% in the U.K., 30% in Spain, and 37% in Germany.
I wonder of those young Europeans who did give a high value to God in their life how many were muslim. I would guess those numbers are even lower among the native Christian population in Europe.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:54 AM

15,332 posts, read 10,375,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I wonder of those young Europeans who did give a high value to God in their life how many were muslim. I would guess those numbers are even lower among the native Christian population in Europe.
The only people you will see going to church here now are the old folks. Where I live it would be rare to see anyone under about 60 going to church....well except for fiestas...when everyone joins in just for the crac.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:23 AM

5,563 posts, read 6,330,253 times
Quote:

+1

The idea that these folk will take over is overrated. Our muslim community in SA are assimilated and are very westernized. We do not however have them protesting in the streets because our hate laws coupled with free speech rights prevents them from doing so.

The ANC youth leader last year was indited for singing a racist kill the boer song at a rally, a white farmer put out a hit with a reward of ZAR2M for the youth leaders assassination and both of them were prosecuted.

Incitement to violence is curbed pretty well here. Hence the WBC crackheads would be deported and probably already registered as persona non grata here so they would not make it past customs.

The protests in the EU actually play into the hands of the non religious as everyone can see how sick their religions is.

Religion of Peace...The true face of Islam in the UK......

Are we scared yet? Nope.

This action does not win the hearts and minds of the Brits. With their Big Brother network watching you, if you choose anarchy, you will find yourself deported or interned.

Seen our guns?

Example of obstacles muslim domination has to overcome.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:37 AM

616 posts, read 592,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The apologists for Islam are just doing Allah's command to lie and deceive the infidels in support of Jihad. They know full well that "Islam extremists" is a lie . . . they are representative of Islam, period. Unfortunately, they are so ignorant and deluded that they actually believe they can succeed in "Islamifying" the world under Sharia if they are patient enough.

Continue in the misconception

Old 06-26-2011, 10:42 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,433,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post

Continue in the misconception

Your response makes so much sense......

Old 06-26-2011, 10:44 AM

616 posts, read 592,346 times
Quote:

Yes we want the world to be under one religion, but by free choice, not forced into it. I believe you would like to have the entire world under democracy and secular law, that does not mean you would force it upon those who do not desire such, nor do we want to force Islam upon those who do not desire to accept it.

my dear brother, theas words were disturbed them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or