U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:18 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,994,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There are times when lies can be forgiven. but the simple statement of saying they need to be forgiven indicates they are not right to do...
Those times when lying can be forgiven seem to be any time that a Muslim is dealing with a non-Muslim. And if the lies can be forgiven so easily, what is so wrong about the lying? Apparently, nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 12:38 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,299,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Those times when lying can be forgiven seem to be any time that a Muslim is dealing with a non-Muslim. And if the lies can be forgiven so easily, what is so wrong about the lying? Apparently, nothing.
We don't get off that easy. In order to be foriven we must be sincere in our asking for forgiveness and part of that requires us to seek out any harm oursin has caused and makes satisfactory restitution to any person we have hamed, along with doing our best to give the person or people we have harmed, reason to forgive us.Being forgiven does not automatically remove us from punishment, we may still be required to face some form and level of punishment to be sincere in asking for forgiveness.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:52 PM

40,103 posts, read 26,772,494 times
Quote:
We don't get off that easy. In order to be foriven we must be sincere in our asking for forgiveness and part of that requires us to seek out any harm oursin has caused and makes satisfactory restitution to any person we have hamed, along with doing our best to give the person or people we have harmed, reason to forgive us.Being forgiven does not automatically remove us from punishment, we may still be required to face some form and level of punishment to be sincere in asking for forgiveness.
Just when I have abandoned all efforts to confront the lies of Islam because it simply keeps bumping your threads up in the forum . . . you have to post this wonderful explanation of what is involved in true forgiveness. You are an accomplished apologist for Islam, Woodrow.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:57 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,788,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Just when I have abandoned all efforts to confront the lies of Islam because it simply keeps bumping your threads up in the forum . . . you have to post this wonderful explanation of what is involved in true forgiveness. You are an accomplished apologist for Islam, Woodrow.
Accomplished, perhaps, but also very transparent. Deflection and denial always is.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:15 PM

40,103 posts, read 26,772,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Accomplished, perhaps, but also very transparent. Deflection and denial always is.
True . . . but to give the devil his due, sans . . . he is very good at it.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:19 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,994,349 times
I'll go along with that. He is very good at defending the indefensible.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:03 PM

616 posts, read 591,702 times
Quote:

Because of all what you saying is not true

Just be lie for it not your cup of tea!!

Old 06-29-2011, 04:14 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,788,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
Because of all what you saying is not true

Just be lie for it not your cup of tea!!
It is true...Read woodrow's posts....I don't think you understand English well enough to know what I was talking about.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:35 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,299,862 times
Quote:

I am very transperant. What you see is what I am. Nothing hidden up any sleeves or in any pockets.

My life is very much an open book. I am what you see here or on any of the forums I administer and it is the same as what I say to all Muslims and non-Muslims who listen to me. I may be wrong Astagfiruulah. But I am me and everybody sees the same view of me.

I am an extreme pacifist and will not raise a hand against another for any reason. I will die before I defend my self. After Vietnam I swore I would never harm another human again and while I have to live with those memories and perhaps even pay for them, I will never hurt another human again.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:56 PM

616 posts, read 591,702 times
Quote:
It is true...Read woodrow's posts....I don't think you understand English well enough to know what I was talking about.

NO. I did not read in woodrow's posts what was supportted your claims

Quote:
I am very transperant. What you see is what I am. Nothing hidden up any sleeves or in any pockets.

My life is very much an open book. I am what you see here or on any of the forums I administer and it is the same as what I say to all Muslims and non-Muslims who listen to me. I may be wrong Astagfiruulah. But I am me and everybody sees the same view of me.

I am an extreme pacifist and will not raise a hand against another for any reason. I will die before I defend my self. After Vietnam I swore I would never harm another human again and while I have to live with those memories and perhaps even pay for them, I will never hurt another human again.

you are Honest, but if you were non-muslim they would believe you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or