U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:25 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,272,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Catholicism to Islam? That's like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire, don't ya think?
There were a few steps in the 45 years from when I left Catholicism to accepting Islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 08:51 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,423,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You may notice that many Muslims even those living in Islamic Nations have computers and do visit sites of all types, including this site. I would say we get exposure to other views and do face frequent questioning of our beliefs.That should also indicate that Islam does allow for open debate and free thought.

I don't see many of us crumbling as a result of debate or free thought. also there are a considerable number of Muslim scientists still walking the earth. Education is a very high priority for us. The Science and medical fields attract Muslims and many do enter into them.

As for imposing our views upon others, everybody by the simple act of being imposes his/her views either intentionally or unintentionally. A persons presence can be seen as an imposition of views.

As for science being unwelcome in Muslim controlled lands, if that were true would there be any fear of countries such as Iran developing Nuclear weapons? How could a nation of ignorance be able to do such a thing if science is suppressed. If the sciences and modern technology were truly suppressed would there be any need to fear that Islam could spread? Sorry. but the sciences are alive and well in much of the modern Islamic world and it really does not pose a threat to you or anyone else. We do have some fools in even the best of Islamic nations and they are a threat not only to non-Muslims but also to Muslims.
What I see is that muslims from Islamic countries may have access to computers but they are not knowledgeable about much outside of their world.

The muslims posting here from other countries are really uneducated about the west and our society. They clearly do not have much understanding outside of their religion and their societies.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:06 AM

9,523 posts, read 4,864,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
What I see is that muslims from Islamic countries may have access to computers but they are not knowledgeable about much outside of their world.

The muslims posting here from other countries are really uneducated about the west and our society. They clearly do not have much understanding outside of their religion and their societies.
Considering how limited freedom of the press, speech, assembly, etc. are in Most islamic nations, I'm not so sure muslims know what's going on in their own countries.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Considering how limited freedom of the press, speech, assembly, etc. are in Most islamic nations, I'm not so sure muslims know what's going on in their own countries.
When you look at the recent revolutions in Egypt, Libya, Syria and Tunisia it seems there is some awareness. The one in Tunisia is quite interesting as it was orchestrated on the computer through blogs and facebook.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:43 AM

4,454 posts, read 5,739,941 times
Quote:
When you look at the recent revolutions in Egypt, Libya, Syria and Tunisia it seems there is some awareness. The one in Tunisia is quite interesting as it was orchestrated on the computer through blogs and facebook.
thats true, even with the protests in Iran and despite government attempts to censor it, people were able to post via twitter and other sites from Iran about it. Besides every Iranian I have corresponded to that lives in Iran does not like their government as they are young, and they I guess an different breed from many of the older people of Iran.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Status: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" (set 22 days ago)

9,827 posts, read 21,130,434 times
My opinion: Europe was made great because of Christianity. It gave them good values and (after the vice grip of the Catholic Church was removed) made them the world's most literate people.

Today Europe has almost completely left Christ. They now put their faith in themselves. Personally I think God is using Muslims to punish Europe.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
My opinion: Europe was made great because of Christianity. It gave them good values and (after the vice grip of the Catholic Church was removed) made them the world's most literate people.

Today Europe has almost completely left Christ. They now put their faith in themselves. Personally I think God is using Muslims to punish Europe.

lol punishment for literacy and being secular.....

You do understand what the world will look like if it is taken over my Islam?

There will be no Christianity and you will not be able to openly practice your religion.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post

Another possibility, is to correct, not punish Europe. Islam is very much what Christianity was before Rome and Greece turned it into what became Christianity.

As Muslims we believe Muhammad(PBUH) had the same message that was taught by Jesus(AS) only restored and worded for all people of all times. Jesus(as) did teach the true Injil, but the people strayed from it when they became Christian and started worshiping Jesus(as).

Old 06-21-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Another possibility, is to correct, not punish Europe. Islam is very much what Christianity was before Rome and Greece turned it into what became Christianity.

As Muslims we believe Muhammad(PBUH) had the same message that was taught by Jesus(AS) only restored and worded for all people of all times. Jesus(as) did teach the true Injil, but the people strayed from it when they became Christian and started worshiping Jesus(as).

And by correct you must mean take over......

That is what any country gets to worry about if the muslim population gets to large I would suspect.

So maybe immigration needs to be restricted if that is the case?

Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
Because the western folks have extremely low birth rates and because lefts support islamization and dechristianization of former christian countries it is not difficult to imagine that not later as in fifty years Europa, USA, Australia will became muslim states, probably with Sharia law and without science, manufacturing, education and a good life quality. Is it good or not, maybe I am wrong, discuss.

Tentacles of Islam Slowly Enveloping Europe? - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

I see the issue not of dechristianization but of Islamization. It seems that muslims from the middle east who live in countries where they are in the majority seem to have no problem living under Islamic rule and under sharia.
The minority religions are being chased out if they have not already been chased out.

So the issues with the onslaught of Islam and its grip will not only end all other religions it will end freedom and democracy.

That is the reality I have come to believe will happen if Islam is allowed to continue get a foot hold in the west.

Historically all the past groups of people who came to my country lived in groups but as they assimilated they became part of the fabric, they did not try to change the fabric.

All the groups that came to my country have made it richer because they added to what we are as a nation. They did not try to take over.

My ancestors were German, Dutch, British, and when they came here they became American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or