U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:06 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You think that is a good thing?

Critics of Islamic finance, however, point out that although there are some practices in conventional capitalist finance that do not involve charging interest (for example, venture capital or investing in stocks) or risk or uncertainty (for example, investing in government bonds), it is impossible to have a financial and banking system that avoids both. As a result, much of contemporary Islamic banking is shrouded in a variety of deceptive legal fictions and subterfuges (hiyal) that enable Muslims to engage in business transactions that circumvent and evade Shariah prohibitions on interest.
Yes there are those who do not have true LaRiba (N0 Interest) financing and do circumvent the laws. But it does work when followed correctly. Essentially a buyer negotiates a price for the property and the banker tries to buy it for a lower price. You pay the agreed upon price and the time to pay it. All payments go for the principal and if for some reason you have to forfeit on the loan, you get your entire paid in amount back.

Basic explanation as to how it works
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 01:10 AM

15,310 posts, read 10,345,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

The world changed on 9/11 .....
No, the world didn't change on 9/11. All that happened on 9/11 was that America realised that it wasn't immune to what the rest of us were getting. It got a taste of what in some cases (such as the IRA) it had been supporting for decades...and they didn't like it at all did they? Financial donations to the IRA by Americans dried to almost nothing after 9/11.

Too many Americans think terrorism was invented on 9/11. Well welcome to the world USA....welcome to what the rest of the world has been living with for decades.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:34 AM

5,563 posts, read 6,320,949 times
Actually Rafius, the world did change on 9/11, the USA finally became part of it, same thing you said.

As for Europe, the numbers are too small for a Muslim takeover and IMO, there is no void left by xianity that will be filled. EU has been secular too long to allow any new theocracy to take root. Much of the muslim growth there is b/c of immigration and of course they tend to have bigger families. They may breed themselves into the majority but we are seeing that muslims in the EU countries tend to become part of the community rather than trying to change it. There are of course the nutbags, but the secular laws take care of them.

Any educated muslim still living in the ME wants a better life for their offspring and they know the ME theocracies do not hold any hope for the future.

In SA, muslims are part and parcel of the community. Although they tend to mix with their own kind, you deal with them daily in most walks of life, IOW they are westernized.

The chances of these folk being duped into a radical mindset is so remote, only the USA woo's see this a threat as their age old bogeyman the Reds, is defunct and had to be replaced by a "new threat" to keep their machines of war industry cogs well oiled.

I always say, someone forgot to tell the yanks WWII ended in 1945.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:11 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,426,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Have you had any experience with the Vietnamese when they first came to the Texas Gulf coast. It was an out right shooting war. I was living in Port Lavaca, Texas at the time. If you ever saw the Movie Alamo Beach, you can have some idea as to what the Gulf coast was like for a few years.

There were nearly identical fears and the Vietnamese immigrants did have within them more then one or two Viet-Cong and Cong-Hoa. Yet after a few years the majority of them did settle in. But there was a lot of fear of them and a lot of hatred in both directions. My oldest Daughter married one and we dang near got run out of town. I went into the shrimping business with a small group and we had our boats in Venice, Louisiana. A small delta town as far south of New Orleans as you can get. The rascals got the idea they were going to make the boat into a gun ship and become pirates off the coast of Bermuda. I gave up my career in shrimp fishing. I believe the coast guard sunk them in the gulf.

Good comparison, the Vietnamese and Islam. Also don't forget the Japanese internment camps and the German internment camps during the war.

All immigrants to this country had trouble in the beginning but none came from a group that had members who blew people up on purpose because they were mad and in the name of G-d.

People have good reason to not trust the Muslim population. As a Jew I have no doubt that there are Muslims out there who would have no problem killing me or my children without a second thought.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:12 AM

20,976 posts, read 16,270,353 times
Europe walked themselves into this fire by their own progressive arrogance.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:14 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,426,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Europe walked themselves into this fire by their own progressive arrogance.

Please explain yourself......

Old 06-22-2011, 05:22 AM

20,976 posts, read 16,270,353 times
Quote:
Please explain yourself......
Follow along.....

Progressive policies allowed for an influx of muslims.

They have placed themselves into the EU in large numbers, and their policies did nothing to slow the tide.

They do not assimilate into European society, rather, they huddle together in large numbers throughout the main cities in Europe.

Their goal is domination through numbers.

Muhammad is now the most popular first name in the UK, replacing Edward, Walter, William, etc.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:22 AM

40,086 posts, read 26,750,404 times
Quote:
People have good reason to not trust the Muslim population. As a Jew I have no doubt that there are Muslims out there who would have no problem killing me or my children without a second thought.
The fanatic Islamists highlight all that is bad with the ancient ignorance and cultural barbarity of Islam. Muslims can choose to live like culturally backward and ignorant goat herders and no one would complain. But their arrogant presumption that the whole world MUST eventually submit to Allah is preposterous anachronistic fantasy. If they cannot be civilized enough to abandon that absurd goal . . . they will need to be ostracized from civil society and somehow rendered harmless. That process (like with Nazism) might prove disastrous for everyone.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:48 PM

30,881 posts, read 31,773,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom
No doubt, since this is what they often do to their own wives..

In this mornings news......A University of British Columbia student has been blinded after being savagely attacked while visiting her family in Bangladesh.

Rumana Manzur’s eyes were gouged and part of her nose was bitten off. Her husband, Hassan Syeed, was arrested 10 days later.

“He has made my world dark. I can’t see my daughter,” she told reporters in Dhaka.

Vicious attack in Bangladesh leaves UBC student blind; husband arrested - The Globe and Mail

Old 06-22-2011, 02:48 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Quote:
Good comparison, the Vietnamese and Islam. Also don't forget the Japanese internment camps and the German internment camps during the war.

All immigrants to this country had trouble in the beginning but none came from a group that had members who blew people up on purpose because they were mad and in the name of G-d.

I am quite certain there are people of any faith or no faith who would gladly do the same to me. I have found both good and bad people in all races, nationalities, belief and race. But the truth of the matter is any person living in the USA is most likely to be killed by a relative than any other group.

You may not realize it but a Muslim living in the USA is not very likely to get by with much. I am a revert and have only been a Muslim for 6 years. As a result of being Muslim I am faced with minor inconveniences. Such as I have a web site and daily when I check the isp listing for who has viewed the pages, Homeland security is a daul visitor. My mail is nearly always opened and every package is before I get it. My bank accounts are closely monitored. For the fact of choosing to live as a Muslim, I had to give up virtually every bit of privacy I ever had.

I can assure you that every Muslim is the USA is being watched very closely. Any with terroristic aspiration have picked the wrong country to live with.

I have no complaints as if this is what is needed to keep potential terrorists out, so be it. My only complaint is that with all of this attention being placed on us Muslims, the back door is wide open for any non-Muslim terrorist.

I assure you I am much more likely to be killed by a "good" Christian who does not want any Muslims in North Dakota, than you are to be by a radical Muslim. The daily hate mail I get should put me in fear of "Christians". but I do not fear Christians. I fear any terrorist no matter what faith they claim to follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or