U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 01:40 PM

147 posts, read 133,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
were you around when the qu'ran was written?? ok thank you<<>> no will do.. 14 hundred years is a looooooong time and lots of words change meanings over the centuries.. you were not there!!!>> so you cant say with definitive proof that all the words in the qu'ran have the same meanings as they did back then..
i were nothing but i will tell some thing who create the earth and every thing can protect his book Allah said [Lo! We, even We, reveal the Reminder, and lo! We verily are its Guardian.]-------- [ Will they not then ponder on the Qur'an? If it had been from other than Allah they would have found therein much incongruity.] Allah promised he will protect the quran from the change if the quran change we will find many mistakes but there is no mistake all the miracles in quran now discovered this mean this book not from human it is from god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 02:18 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,978,743 times
Have you ever noticed how many of your threads consist of you talking to yourself? I can assure you that you are your own best audience.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Have you ever noticed how many of your threads consist of you talking to yourself? I can assure you that you are your own best audience.
thanks .

Old 06-21-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I thank you for the offer and yes if you have a good site I would appreciate it. I have studied many different sites concerning your sacred book and I seem to get various different interpretations. Thank you, this is one site this seems to have the different Arabic dialects and I wonder if you have seen this. The Holy Qur'an - ?????? ??????
look if you want to understand the holy quran you should know before the story of prophet because in quran there is verses [ Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens. That (is the ordinance). And if Allah willed He could have punished them (without you) but (thus it is ordained) that He may try some of you by means of others. And those who are slain in the way of Allah, He rendereth not their actions vain.] lot from west think that Allah order us to kill the unbeliever but if they know what is the story -- look what the unbeliever did before every verse has explanation your site good also Surah At-Taubah (* ???? ?????? *) - Read Quran Translation (Koran) in Arabic, Urdu, Farsi, English, Melayu, Indonesian. English translation of Quran for FREE. Arabic Simple[]=4

Old 06-21-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Well since you have decided to add my name to a post to someone else I will add my 2 cents....

I have the same opinion about Christianity too, but I don't have the same mistrust of Christianity that I do of Islam.

I see Christianity as having outgrown their violent youth, but Islam still is in the violent stage.

I see the prophet as not a prophet but a man who was able to make people believe he had visions from a god.

Early Christians were convinced that Jesus was a god, but he was just a Jewish teacher.

Muhammad spread Islam by the sword and married children. Instead of working to have a world where people of the book could live together in peace he encouraged violence against all non muslims.

He was specifically hateful in his words towards Jews.

Islam as I see it is a violent religion and I blame that on Muhammad and how his followers have decided to follow his words.

Because every violent act is backed up by a verse in the quran, and done for the sake of Allah.

Everything a muslim does is for the sake of allah.
look jazzymom prophet Mohammed did not hate the Jews. but you should read what the Jews do against the prophet i will tell one story from quran [ (Here is) a surah which We have revealed and enjoined, and wherein We have revealed plain tokens, that haply ye may take heed. The adulterer and the adulteress, scourge ye each one of them (with) a hundred stripes. And let not pity for the twain withhold you from obedience to Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of believers witness their punishment.The adulterer shall not marry save an adulteress or an idolatress, and the adulteress none shall marry save an adulterer or an idolater. All that is forbidden unto believers.And those who accuse honourable women but bring not four witnesses, scourge them (with) eighty stripes and never (afterward) accept their testimony - They indeed are evil-doers -Save those who afterward repent and make amends. (For such) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.As for those who accuse their wives but have no witnesses except themselves; let the testimony of one of them be four testimonies, (swearing) by Allah that he is of those who speak the truth;And yet a fifth, invoking the curse of Allah on him if he is of those who lie. And it shall avert the punishment from her if she bear witness before Allah four times that the thing he saith is indeed false,And a fifth (time) that the wrath of Allah be upon her if he speaketh truth. And had it not been for the grace of Allah and His mercy unto you, and that Allah is Clement, Wise, (ye had been undone). Lo! they who spread the slander are a gang among you. Deem it not a bad thing for you; nay, it is good for you. Unto every man of them (will be paid) that which he hath earned of the sin; and as for him among them who had the greater share therein, his will be an awful doom.] and you read this like verses but you do not have the story] one from JEWISH SPEED THE NEWS THAT [AYSHA IS Adultery] look this one story before you said about Mohammed search what the jews do search how many times tried to harm the prophet

Old 06-21-2011, 03:47 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,331,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAH View Post
look if you want to understand the holy quran you should know before the story of prophet because in quran there is verses [ Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens. That (is the ordinance). And if Allah willed He could have punished them (without you) but (thus it is ordained) that He may try some of you by means of others. And those who are slain in the way of Allah, He rendereth not their actions vain.] lot from west think that Allah order us to kill the unbeliever but if they know what is the story -- look what the unbeliever did before every verse has explanation your site good also Surah At-Taubah (* ???? ?????? *) - Read Quran Translation (Koran) in Arabic, Urdu, Farsi, English, Melayu, Indonesian. English translation of Quran for FREE. Arabic Simple[]=4

You see this is where I have a problem with your holy book, all you're quoting is violence, violence against one people or other and this is what the rest of the world sees and therefore it is considered a violent religion and can not be accepted in today's society. Unless Islam turns away from the violence within its holy book it will never be accepted as a legitimate religion, it will always continue to be a religion of violence. This is what you are being taught by your teachers and maybe you should start asking questions about why there is so much violence in your sacred book.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:46 PM

616 posts, read 591,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You see this is where I have a problem with your holy book, all you're quoting is violence, violence against one people or other and this is what the rest of the world sees and therefore it is considered a violent religion and can not be accepted in today's society. Unless Islam turns away from the violence within its holy book it will never be accepted as a legitimate religion, it will always continue to be a religion of violence. This is what you are being taught by your teachers and maybe you should start asking questions about why there is so much violence in your sacred book.

OK, I ask you, did you read Texts of the Torah and the Bible ?

and did you ever read the Quran ?

Old 06-21-2011, 05:06 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,331,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
OK, I ask you, did you read Texts of the Torah and the Bible ?

and did you ever read the Quran ?
Yes I have, I have read all three and there is as much violence in one has there is in the other and that is why I am not a believer in any of them, aside from the fact that I was raised in a completely different belief system. You see with my belief we do not have that kind of violence as a matter of fact we never question one another's belief within my people or others, our spiritual belief system is personal, we have no set rules and no one is wrong in what they believe. The one common denominator among the Native Americans Indians is a belief in a Creator and this Creator may be called by many different names by many nations but it is all the same.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:19 PM

30,883 posts, read 31,765,340 times
I agree that all three "holy" books contain violence, but by and large Jews and Christians no longer follow their violent rules, whereas many Muslims do.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:31 PM

560 posts, read 1,109,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky★ View Post
ashkarloveALLAH, What is the minimum age for females to be married under Islam?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Six but only if you wait until nine to consummate the marriage then it is all guud.
AshkarloveALLAH, is this true about Islam? I hope not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or