U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-18-2011, 01:29 PM
 
147 posts, read 133,533 times
Reputation: 20

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Keep talking and giving folks a reason to see Islam and those who are Muslim as ignorant.
first i want to ask you what is the things in Islam that made you reject it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2011, 01:43 PM
 
147 posts, read 133,533 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavemaster View Post
Nobody thinks all Muslims are retarded! Just a particular few of them.



Well it would be kind of silly to marry a person of the opposite gender if you knew they were gay, now wouldn't it? Not to mention they probably wouldn't be too thrilled with the arrangement. But what is your point? There are a lot of kinds of people I wouldn't marry, but it doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed the same freedom as everyone to live their lives the way they want.



You're operating from a false premise. Allah didn't create women, Mighty Odin the Allfather created them because someone had to do the cleaning around here.



As long as he's happy, healthy, and not hurting anyone, what do I care?



Some ladies like that. When you do it right it's awesome. Everyone should try it at least once.



Wrong again, pigs were created by Odin in a contest with Zeus, Marduk, and Amaterasu to see who could create the most delicious animal (Odin won). Also if you'd spent any time around pigs you'd know that they're actually clean animals when given the opportunity.



Taken in moderation, alcohol does have health benefits:
Alcohol And Health
Of course there are a lot of problems that can happen from drinking irresponsibly, but you can say that about almost anything.



Maybe if he would be a better god, more people would believe in him? Your posts make him sound like a jerk. In fact, your terrible posts have probably turned far more people away from Allah than have brought them to his cause. How can you even sleep at night with that on your conscience? You should probably stop posting altogether before you drive even more people away from Islam.



"Welp, I ran this red light and got away with it, time to go rape, murder, and plunder the neighbors" -a thing you believe people really think.



I like that. I'm going to use it sometime.
Allah said in quran [ hey ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling. Say: "In them is a great sin, and (some) benefit, for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit." And they ask you what they ought to spend. Say: "That which is beyond your needs." Thus All‚h makes clear to you His Laws in order that you may give thought." ] Allah did not create women and pork or any thing the Atheists will make me crazy where is the logic
i will tell you if there is no creator so how all the things doing in perfect way the space very wide so why the earth did not run away .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2011, 02:40 PM
 
147 posts, read 133,533 times
Reputation: 20
jazzymom until now you did not give me your cause did you know why i opened this thread specially for you because I doubt you did not read any thing about Islam many of women and men convert to Islam no one said Islam is unjust because if you read it you will not say [
Because Islam and Justice don't go hand in hand.

Religion and Justice should always be separate.

The status of women is awful in Muslim countries.]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2011, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,929 posts, read 31,819,366 times
Reputation: 12656
Then I'll say it
Religion, law, government and justice should always be separate.

Women in Muslim counties are considered worth less than men, and nothing more than the property of men...This is confirmed many times over by your Qur'an.

Who in their right mind wants to follow such archaic and outdated rules?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2011, 05:15 PM
 
Location: around the way
656 posts, read 933,896 times
Reputation: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAH View Post
Allah said in quran [ hey ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling. Say: "In them is a great sin, and (some) benefit, for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit." And they ask you what they ought to spend. Say: "That which is beyond your needs." Thus All‚h makes clear to you His Laws in order that you may give thought." ]
Just because it's in the book doesn't mean that Allah said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAH View Post
Allah did not create women and pork or any thing the Atheists will make me crazy
I suspect you didn't have very far to go to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAH View Post
where is the logic
indeed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAH View Post
i will tell you if there is no creator so how all the things doing in perfect way
You have an interesting definition of perfection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAH View Post
the space very wide so why the earth did not run away.
Because it doesn't have legs!
Not to mention that whole gravity thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2011, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 592,216 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Because Islam and Justice don't go hand in hand.

Religion and Justice should always be separate.

Most of the Muslim world has dictators or mullahs for leaders.

Most of the citizens of Muslim countries live in 3rd world countries without any progress.

Those countries that do have development do so because of oil and the oil won't last forever.

The status of women is awful in Muslim countries.

I could go on and on but I won't.....

Islam had the golden age and after that all was lost.....


just all these are Misconceptions

I'm girl and my status is very good "prais to Allah" and many many women in all the muslim countries are like me

islam is NOT problem at all

I say you the golden age will returns soon INSHALLAH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2011, 06:49 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,432,118 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
just all these are Misconceptions

I'm girl and my status is very good "prais to Allah" and many many women in all the muslim countries are like me

islam is NOT problem at all

I say you the golden age will returns soon INSHALLAH.
Well you can have it.

I on the other hand love living in a democracy with rights for all.

I am a women too...

I know how I would have to live if I lived in a muslim country and I would hate it.

I suspect that most Muslims have never lived in a democracy and they don't know what it is like.

I suspect that if you asked most muslims who live in my country if they want to live in a democracy or under sharia law they would say a democracy.

I can drive and my daughter will be able to drive when she grows up. You seem to have Saudia listed as where you are from and I know you do not have that right.

I can go out without an escort.

I can dress as I like without worry of the being accosted by the police.

I can worship as I want.

I could go on and on....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2011, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,929 posts, read 31,819,366 times
Reputation: 12656
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
just all these are Misconceptions

I'm girl and my status is very good "prais to Allah" and many many women in all the muslim countries are like me

islam is NOT problem at all

I say you the golden age will returns soon INSHALLAH.
So let me ask you...Are you taking part in the driving protest that women are doing in Saudi?

Quote:
On Friday, Saudi women defied the countryís driving ban and drove on the streets. The Washington Post reported that at least 29 women participated in the protest. While previous acts of defiant driving by Saudi women were met with arrests, Friday passed without major crackdowns.

The countryís ban on women driving is one of the most nonsensical and unjustified laws in the world. Itís absolutely devoid of legitimate justifications.
Saudi Women Driving Defy Nonsensical Rule of Male Oppression - International Business Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2011, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Reston
560 posts, read 1,111,232 times
Reputation: 447
ashkarloveALLAH, Are churches allowed in your country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2011, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Rome, Georgia
2,706 posts, read 3,343,253 times
Reputation: 1919
I wonder if more people are immigrating from the U.S. to Iran, or from Iran to the U.S.?
(In the U.S. it's just fine if you are Muslim, just so long as you don't blow up our stuff)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top