U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 08:31 PM

7 posts, read 5,981 times

Advertisements

YouTube - ‪Dr.Mark Gabriel, Former Muslim Imam's journey to Christ - (Part 1/5)‬‏

An interesting interview with a former-imam-islamic history professor at Al-Azhar University. And I as a Christian converter from Saudi Arabia think that Dr. Mark Gabriel has given me the chance of looking at my birth religion from a different angle. As a recent converter to Christianity from Saudi Arabia who went to a Saudi public school where about one third of what students learn there is about Islam especially the Wahaabiasm sect I can tell you Islam teaches violence and hate. At the beginning when Mohammed started preaching in Makkah (his birthplace) he was very peaceful and polite. But once many people followed him, he moved to Madinah where most of his followers at that time were. After that he started to show the other "true" face of the violent Islam. All of the Quranic verses that talk about peace and love were "revealed while he was in Makkah" where he had no many followers. However, once he moved to Madinah where most of his followers were he started to preach about killing and hate. You can say his teachings "one of the things I learned at my Saudi school" is that when you are weak show the love/peace face of Islam just like what Mohammed was doing in Makkah but once you get stronger you have to conquer "do Jihad" everywhere you could conquer to spread Islam and if anyone tries to stop you, you should never hesitate to kill him. I learned this stuff when I was in the 7th grade ! I was only 13 when I heard my teacher saying that. A 13 year old boy hears such a hateful teachings what would you expect him to be ?

Old 06-19-2011, 12:29 PM

229 posts, read 277,859 times
Default Thank you for posting this story

Quote:
Originally Posted by life-lover View Post

YouTube - ‪Dr.Mark Gabriel, Former Muslim Imam's journey to Christ - (Part 1/5)‬‏

An interesting interview with a former-imam-islamic history professor at Al-Azhar University. And I as a Christian converter from Saudi Arabia think that Dr. Mark Gabriel has given me the chance of looking at my birth religion from a different angle. As a recent converter to Christianity from Saudi Arabia who went to a Saudi public school where about one third of what students learn there is about Islam especially the Wahaabiasm sect I can tell you Islam teaches violence and hate. At the beginning when Mohammed started preaching in Makkah (his birthplace) he was very peaceful and polite. But once many people followed him, he moved to Madinah where most of his followers at that time were. After that he started to show the other "true" face of the violent Islam. All of the Quranic verses that talk about peace and love were "revealed while he was in Makkah" where he had no many followers. However, once he moved to Madinah where most of his followers were he started to preach about killing and hate. You can say his teachings "one of the things I learned at my Saudi school" is that when you are weak show the love/peace face of Islam just like what Mohammed was doing in Makkah but once you get stronger you have to conquer "do Jihad" everywhere you could conquer to spread Islam and if anyone tries to stop you, you should never hesitate to kill him. I learned this stuff when I was in the 7th grade ! I was only 13 when I heard my teacher saying that. A 13 year old boy hears such a hateful teachings what would you expect him to be ?
I am subbing to watch and respond respectively. By the description of Dr. Mark Gabriel's testimony thus far, this humbles me that Yah can reach anyone, through Yeshua, in the Lion's Den, just as He reached and protected Daniel. Thank you for this vid because the more research and study of Islam through comparative studies in religion and history, the angrier I became against Islam. This is another humbling experience.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:22 PM

7,945 posts, read 4,753,906 times
Christian propaganda that shows that coptic Christianity is the only true Christianity. I suppose all other people who claim to be Christians have no true faith and shall be damned to hell. Well, it's best if Texas adopts coptic Christianity now, rather than remain in Satan's tempting grasp.

I do not get angry at religion, it has no shame. It can't have shame, because it can't think. Islam can't teach violence and hate, teachers teach violence and hate. I think some people need to get out more and witness those christians who are violent, Christianity is no different than any other religion, you can use it to justify just about anything.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:53 AM

115 posts, read 197,831 times
Luminous,

I think your response is another case of spreading the stuff you learned through the media. If you think you haven't been swayed by somebody else's belief system, then you are not introspecting on where your beliefs came from. Christianity does not have the same history of violence as other religions. Yes, human nature has caused some people calling themselves Christian to be violent, but the vast majority of Christians do a lot more good than harm.

The teachings of Christianity in the New Testament do not include teachings of violence. The teachings of Islam do. If you avoid seeing that then your own belief system is obscuring your observations.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:32 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,570,540 times
Wonderful. Another video-saturated thread to "prove" one religion is better than another. I guess hoping for all such threads to be banned isn't realistic.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:47 AM

5,563 posts, read 6,328,048 times
I wonder if there is a scale by which muslims earn brownie points to paradise by the amount of YouTube videos they post?

This probably stems for the fact that most are illiterate. I have been on the ex-muslim site and they have to do likewise to counter islam.

Every muslim I have ever met in SA were/are articulate in the English language and really nice folk. That said most of them are merely observant and not orthodox.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:55 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,432,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
I wonder if there is a scale by which muslims earn brownie points to paradise by the amount of YouTube videos they post?

This probably stems for the fact that most are illiterate. I have been on the ex-muslim site and they have to do likewise to counter islam.

Every muslim I have ever met in SA were/are articulate in the English language and really nice folk. That said most of them are merely observant and not orthodox.
Most of the muslims I know here in the United States are literate and educated and moderate in their views.

I think it comes from having and being around diversity.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA palmetto View Post
Luminous,

I think your response is another case of spreading the stuff you learned through the media. If you think you haven't been swayed by somebody else's belief system, then you are not introspecting on where your beliefs came from. Christianity does not have the same history of violence as other religions. Yes, human nature has caused some people calling themselves Christian to be violent, but the vast majority of Christians do a lot more good than harm.

The teachings of Christianity in the New Testament do not include teachings of violence. The teachings of Islam do. If you avoid seeing that then your own belief system is obscuring your observations.
right... the evil media and it's anti-christian agenda of making money anyway they can.

wow. your accusation is silly, the media is majority Christian and thus has a bias to that false religion. Christianity means different things to different Christians. human nature causes Christianity. human nature is what causes people to do more good than harm. The various versions of the New Testaments aren't your only idol scriptures though are they? Islam teaches about non-hypocracy, love, structure, and noble war... One of the Stated purposes of Islam is peace. One of the stated Enemies of Christianity in the New Testatment Idol is peace, as Jesus says he came not to bring peace but to bring division and burn this world down. Muhamud on the other hand says that God revealed his word to him in order to restore the true religion and establish unity and peace. I'm not sure if you can point me to a passage in the New Testament where it says "don't be violent". I'm not sure if you have ever heard of Catholics or Protestants, but both where pretty violent. about the only non-violent Christians are the ones that don't hold a version of the Bible as an idol: Quakers and non-violent Anabaptists.

Thanks for sharing your opinion though, I hope I have enlightened you.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:57 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,317,313 times
Interesting story. Yet the fact he is an apostate from Saudi. Hmmm, I thought Saudi was a terror nation and apostates are killed on the spot. Dr. Gabriel seems to be living proof there is no danger to an apostate in Saudi. Which is true. There are apostates in Saudi living normal lives.

It seems that most people are under the impression that a person can not learn about Christianity in Saudi, he learned about it from somebody.

The guy is living proof that Islam is not the terrorist religion, he is claiming it to be.

I think the fact there are outspoken and public apostates, lessens the credibility to the misconception we are blind followers, in fear of being killed if we try to leave.

Dr, Gabriel has made his own choice, just as the OP of the thread has. It is an informed, free will choice on their part and they will be the ones who have to show the justification for their choice on the day of judgement.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:12 AM

Actually Woodrow he was probably living in Egypt when he rejected the Label of Muslim in favor of coptic Christianity, I suppose. Having memorized the Qur'an, I suppose he saw it as a very uninspirational 8th century poem. If he opened his heart to the peaceful Islam than he would have probably not been such an obnoxious child. He should probably get to learning the true history of Christianity and how it means absolutely nothing except what the adherent wants it to mean, just like Islam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or