U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 07:25 PM

3,927 posts, read 7,890,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9/9 View Post
I hope you are just as offended by all of the Christian beliefs that are taught in U.S. schools.

You've got to be kidding, right? What Christian belief is being taught in any public school nowdays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 07:28 PM
9/9

383 posts, read 473,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
You've got to be kidding, right? What Christian belief is being taught in any public school nowdays?
As I said, in my local public school here they chorus requires a number of songs, including one that sings of a "love of Jesus".

You don't think that is a Christian belief being taught in school?

Old 08-08-2007, 07:37 PM

36 posts, read 81,312 times
Since the 1960's our educational system has been inflitrated by left wing educators, atheists, homosexual activists, and other nuts who have an agenda they want to promote and the targets are the minds of innocent children. The only way to counteract this systematic propaganda in the guise of educational diversity is to openly expose, engage, confront, and oppose them with or without the support of our politically correct shameless media.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:39 PM
9/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flanagan View Post
Since the 1960's our educational system has been inflitrated by left wing educators, atheists, homosexual activists, and other nuts who have an agenda they want to promote and the targets are the minds of innocent children. The only way to counteract this systematic propaganda in the guise of educational diversity is to openly expose, engage, confront, and oppose them with or without the support of our politically correct shameless media.
Now that is the best laugh I have gotten all day! Thanks.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:58 PM

18 posts, read 43,882 times
How many of you know that in the US, they use to teach reading and writing using the Bible. Christianity is the only religion that should be taught in a country founded on Christian values. Unfortunately, there is a current movement, I belieive pushed by atheists, to remove any notion of Christ from public schools. This nonsense (and all the other PC garbage) has led to the corruption of not only our public schools, but our nation in general. If my child had to write that Muslim prayer, I would be at the school the next day! Of course, my child will be going to a Christian school, so I don't have to worry about that!

Old 08-08-2007, 08:20 PM

103 posts, read 74,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flanagan View Post
Since the 1960's our educational system has been inflitrated by left wing educators, atheists, homosexual activists, and other nuts who have an agenda they want to promote and the targets are the minds of innocent children.
Yes heaven forbid children learn to think for themselves, freeing their minds from the shackles of dark age religious superstitions fostering bigotry and ignorance.

Really, if there are any nuts who have an agenda in this country to brainwash innocent chlidren, it is the right wing religious nuts.

It's a pity the revolution to save our schools and Constitution didn't happen back in the 1800's. We would have a much more enlightened and advanced society than we do now.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twill View Post
How many of you know that in the US, they use to teach reading and writing using the Bible. Christianity is the only religion that should be taught in a country founded on Christian values.
Despite what the Christian revisionists wish to think, this country wasn't founded on Christian values.

Quote:
Unfortunately, there is a current movement, I belieive pushed by atheists, to remove any notion of Christ from public schools. This nonsense (and all the other PC garbage) has led to the corruption of not only our public schools, but our nation in general.
The notion of Christ or any other deity has no business in the public schools of a society which embraces free thought, diversity and personal freedom. A state sponsored religion is expressly forbidden in our Constitution just for that reason.

Quote:
If my child had to write that Muslim prayer, I would be at the school the next day!
Yet Christian prayers should be ok eh? Sorry, that works both ways.

Quote:
Of course, my child will be going to a Christian school, so I don't have to worry about that!
Exactly. If you want your children to be brainwashed with Christian dogma, then send them to Christian schools. Sure, their education will suffer as a result but at least they'll grow up parroting your beliefs. Of course many, like myself, will see the "man behind the curtain" and figure out it's all a big sham.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:58 PM

18 posts, read 43,882 times
MacAttack,
The brainwashing is all of the PC nonsense that is going on in the world now. People really should quit trying to redefine the Constitution.
I want my son to learn the TRUTH. Not whatever is the latest thing that man has thought of in his brain. He will not be brainwashed in the public schools in the belief that anything goes and that people can do whatever they want and not be accountable to anyone. The biggest shams going are all of the scientific guessing on subjects like the Big Bang Theory!
Furthermore, I've many times over how private schools provide better education than public. Why do you think so many politicians and teachers send their kids there?

Old 08-08-2007, 09:06 PM
9/9

Quote:
MacAttack,
People really should quit trying to redefine the Constitution.
People who try to convince everyone that the word 'god' appears in the Constitution are those trying to redefine.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
MacAttack,
The brainwashing is all of the PC nonsense that is going on in the world now. People really should quit trying to redefine the Constitution.
The only people trying to redefine the Constitution are those attempting to turn it into a Christian document, and it turn, the U.S. into a Christians only club. Sorry, but it ain't gonna happen.

Quote:
I want my son to learn the TRUTH. Not whatever is the latest thing that man has thought of in his brain.
No, you want your son to learn what you've been told the truth is. that's not learning, it's conditioning and brainwashing.

Quote:
He will not be brainwashed in the public schools in the belief that anything goes and that people can do whatever they want and not be accountable to anyone.
Funny, I went to public schools and was never taught that. Religion, and certainly Christianity, has no monopoly on morals.

Quote:
The biggest shams going are all of the scientific guessing on subjects like the Big Bang Theory!
Yes well you can thank that "scientific guesswork" for the computer you're using, your house, your phone, your car, and just about everything else you own and enjoy on a daily basis.

Quote:
Furthermore, I've many times over how private schools provide better education than public. Why do you think so many politicians and teachers send their kids there?
Depends on the private school.. not all are Christian and the good ones that are aren't run by fundamentalists and teach real science, history etc. You're not going to get a good education in a Christian school that teaches nonsense such as creationism, noah's ark, etc. as factual or the myth that the country was founded by a bunch of Bible thumpers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or