U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 12:08 PM

1,598 posts, read 4,136,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If you deny Christ you are denying God to the Christian. Regardless of the roots...Jesus was God. Therefore they are NOT the same God to the Christian. The Christian God has three parts: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. To deny one is to deny all IMO.
So then, by this logic, are Jews denying God in your mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 12:47 PM

4,663 posts, read 7,335,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twill View Post
It's unfortunate that so many people choose not to beleive in God; although not one can explain how they wake up every morning; it's not the alarm clock!!. He did however give us a choice, so I have to respect your decisions to do what you want and beleive the way you do. I however do not have blinders on and can see the Creator in all of creation. You can say what you what, but you can not dispute how horrible our world is becoming and that includes the secular public schools. I too went to public schools and loved it. I also remember celebrating all holidays, saying the pledge and singing songs about Christ. We also had discipline and order and parents who were involved. I teach in the public schools so I see first hand all the change that is going on. This has sparked my decision to not only NOT subject my child to this now immoral institution, but I am also leaving. Thank God more people are also seeing the light, as evidenced by the growing numbers of homeschoolers. Go Vouchers!
Why is it unfortunate that people choose not to believe in God? Is it unfortunate that many people are now thinking rationaly, logically, and realistically? I too had to sing songs about Christ at school, and when I think back, it was downright disgusting.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:14 PM

3,490 posts, read 2,517,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
Why is it unfortunate that people choose not to believe in God? Is it unfortunate that many people are now thinking rationaly, logically, and realistically? I too had to sing songs about Christ at school, and when I think back, it was downright disgusting.

It is the dull man who is always sure, and the sure man who is always dull.
--H. L. Mencken

Old 08-09-2007, 04:28 PM

103 posts, read 74,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post

It is the dull man who is always sure, and the sure man who is always dull.
--H. L. Mencken
Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence of the improbable. - H. L. Mencken

Old 08-09-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack_ View Post
Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence of the improbable. - H. L. Mencken

If knowing answers to life's questions is absolutely necessary to you, then forget the journey. You will never make it, for this is a journey of unknowables -- of unanswered questions, enigmas, incomprehensibles, and, most of all, things unfair.-- Jeanne Guyon

Old 08-09-2007, 05:05 PM

3,927 posts, read 7,890,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
You need to study your bible a little closer. The god of Abraham is the same god as that of Mohammed and is the same god that sent his son to die on the cross for your sins. The Christian god is Allah.

The big difference is that Christians believe Jesus is the son of God and Muslims do not. They are like Jews in this respect, they believe Jesus was just another prophet like Moses.

Muslimism and Judiasm are both old testament religions, but from competeting family lines from Abraham.
I know my Bible quite well thank you. In my belief, if you deny Christ, you deny God. I cannot see how they are one and the same when the teachings are so different.

Yet, I do understand you have the right to your belief, just as I have the right to mine.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:09 PM

8,668 posts, read 20,322,686 times
Quote:
If knowing answers to life's questions is absolutely necessary to you, then forget the journey. You will never make it, for this is a journey of unknowables -- of unanswered questions, enigmas, incomprehensibles, and, most of all, things unfair.-- Jeanne Guyon
Is this "dueling quotes" night or what?

Old 08-09-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Is this "dueling quotes" night or what?
Evidently...you know me, gotta have the last word, LOL.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:23 PM

8,668 posts, read 20,322,686 times
Quote:
Evidently...you know me, gotta have the last word, LOL.
Yep, that's why I try to slip some anti-universalism comment in at precisely 5:01.

And just so that this post isn't "off thread" I'll put in my 2 cents about the topic at hand-
Maybe it seems like a small thing, but if a teacher had forced my son to write "Allah is God" or anything similar, I would have been very upset and probably up at the school the next day.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Yep, that's why I try to slip some anti-universalism comment in at precisely 5:01.

And just so that this post isn't "off thread" I'll put in my 2 cents about the topic at hand-
Maybe it seems like a small thing, but if a teacher had forced my son to write "Allah is God" or anything similar, I would have been very upset and probably up at the school the next day.
LOL! Yes I know kaykay...

Regarding the OP, I'm not up on religious freedoms and laws in the UK. I don't think that could happen here, as it would have too many people up in arms, both the ACLU and Christians.

But say I moved there, and it did happen. I would certainly want to talk to this teacher and find out why he chose this particular sentence, since it is obvious he has some ulterior motive, otherwise why not simply choose "The sky is blue" or some other inane thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or