U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 05:42 PM

616 posts, read 591,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I don't hate muslims, I have muslim friends. I don't hate Islam, I hate the violence that comes out of Islam.

as I see, I hate the violence that comes out of jews

And Weaam the same disreguard has come from you also.

So maybe at this point you and I need to just agree that we both have been disrespectful of each other and move forward.

I agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 07:28 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,331,299 times
weaam and Jazzymom, it is good to see that there is a possibility to move forward with respect for one another, we need to move beyond the violence and not dwell on the past, that cannot be changed but what can be changed is how we treat one another in the present and future and we are the ones that mus make those changes. Woodrow LI, I apologize to you if this is off topic but I do think a valuable lesson has been taught here and that is, regardless of what our beliefs are we can learn to treat one another with respect and leave the past in the past and move on to the future. osay

Old 06-28-2011, 11:43 PM

439 posts, read 482,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Muslims worship muhammad .

if i worship Muhammed i go to Hell

but i love Muhammed more than i love my child and more than i love my self

The Prophet Muhammed (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
"None of you believes until check Truly I am more Beloved Thurs him That his father, his child and all the people.".

any one who worship any thing other than Allah will go to Hell

any one who worship Allah and worship any thing with Allah will go to Hell.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:32 AM

30,883 posts, read 31,765,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post

"None of you believes until check Truly I am more Beloved Thurs him That his father, his child and all the people.".

You love Mohammed more than you love your children? That is just sick

Old 06-29-2011, 02:18 AM

12,770 posts, read 9,841,209 times
So, is this a suicide bomber, or a freedom fighter?
http://infidelsunite.typepad.com/.a/6a0111685b4b71970c0120a584fcfa970c-800wi.

Bill Maher

YouTube - ‪Bill Maher's Comments on Mohammed and Islam on The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer‬‏

leaving Islam
http://www.islam-watch.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&It emid=57 (broken link)

One of the strangest ways of thinking I encountered was when a Muslim friend told me that she was jealous when she saw how much suffering I was experiencing with the disapproval of my parents. She said that she would not like to be in my position, but that she knew that every headache I contracted and every tear I shed was increasing my level in Paradise. She testified that Allah tests the true believers the most, and she could not help but be jealous that, after starting out with a clean slate of no sins I was immediately rising up in Paradise levels. This is not something that she said to me to make me feel better, this is the way that Islam taught her to think. She spoke of the companions of the Prophet who would cry when their lives became too easy because they thought Allah no longer loved them. This felt twisted to me, and I was sure that I would give up the higher levels of Paradise if it meant that my relationship with my parents would be healed.
I want to emphasize something again. You should all be so lucky as to be around the quality of Muslims that Iíve had in my life. They are good, loving, peaceful souls, simply trying their best to be good Muslims. It is clear to me now that all of these twisted ideals and morals that they carry are solely a product of their submitting to Islam. The more religious a Muslim is, in terms of knowledge and practical application of the religion, the more twisted their mind and morality becomes. So, you may encounter good people that call themselves Muslims- in my experience, it is very likely. Please do not judge the religion by the people.
Islam Watch - "An Ex-convert's Ordeal: Islam's False Sense of Peace" by Almost Aisha

Islam is a cult, a very dangerous one!

Old 06-29-2011, 02:31 AM

5,563 posts, read 6,319,806 times
Quote:
Islam is a cult, a very dangerous one!
Not to mention when they leave or want to leave, the faith of islam says they should be put to death, even worse if the dare convert to another religion.

Quote:
So, you may encounter good people that call themselves Muslims- in my experience, it is very likely. Please do not judge the religion by the people.
I can attest to this but them again we have no radical woos in SA like what we see overseas and in the ME.

The few muslims I have had business dealings with have never screwed me over and that is over a period of nearly 30 years.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:51 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,425,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post

If that is not worship I don't know what is. To love a man who lived 1400 years ago more then your own flesh and blood who live now is twisted.

I feel sorry for your children.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:06 AM

563 posts, read 800,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You love Mohammed more than you love your children? That is just sick
I hardly ever agree with you, but you truly nailed this one. I'll never be able to love a historical person than my children. I don't even desire to try.

finalmessage, weaam, or WoodrowLI; is this a normal outlook for Muslims? Have I missed something somewhere?

Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,284,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
I hardly ever agree with you, but you truly nailed this one. I'll never be able to love a historical person than my children. I don't even desire to try.

finalmessage, weaam, or WoodrowLI; is this a normal outlook for Muslims? Have I missed something somewhere?
Love in English is a very incomplete word. There are many forms of love and a sinle word does not convey all of the thoughts. This can only be shown by what is meat by the love of each who is loved and what is the love.

It would be rare to find a theist who would not say he loves God(swt) more than any person or thing on this earth. A theist has a love for God(st) that exceeds any earthly love in degree and form.

I ti doubtful you would ever find a christian who does not Love Jesus(as) more than his family or any person on earth. Christians will tell you that when they accept Jesus(as) they give up all things to follow Jesus(as). A good christian will give up all he has including his family if he needs to do so to follw Jesus(as)

A Jew will likewise give up family, friends and lifestyle, if they are causing him to not follow the teachings of Judaism. A person who converts to Judaism, often as to seperate from family and friends if they are preventing him from following Judaism.

Most atheists are good loyal follows of secular law and will go against family including children if they are trying to lead him into doing what he considers to be illegal or immoral. they love law, justice and morality more than their own children.

Those are all examples of loving somebody or something more that family, including their own children.

Yet if a Muslim says the same thing about Muhammad(PBUT) they call it evil, perverted, sick, wrong etc.

Muslims love Muhammad(PBUH) in terms of meaning he is going to follow what was taught even if it goes against his own children. It Means he is going to love the Messenger for bringing the message more that he loves what ever anybody else gives him. Yes, a Muslim does love Muhammad(PBUH) more than he loves his own children, but that does not mean he is going to love his children any less than any parent loves his children. Muslims have great love for their children and by loving Muhammad(PBUH) it enhances this love, not take away from it. I doubt if any Muslim could feel the level love we have for our children, if we did not love Muhammad(PBUH) more. Our love of Muhammad(PBUH) enhances the love for our children, and does not remove any love for them.

Love is of such a nature that the more and stronger our love becomes, the more love we have to share. the greater our love we have for Muhammad(PBUH) the greater our love for others becomes. we do love Muhammad(PBUH) for the life he lived and do strive to live with the level of goodness he showed. we do not worship Muhammad(PBUH) we want to love Allaah(swt) as much as he loved Allaah(swt) and that is part of what we mean when we love Muhammad(PBUH) than even our own children.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:23 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,425,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Love in English is a very incomplete word. There are many forms of love and a sinle word does not convey all of the thoughts. This can only be shown by what is meat by the love of each who is loved and what is the love.

It would be rare to find a theist who would not say he loves God(swt) more than any person or thing on this earth. A theist has a love for God(st) that exceeds any earthly love in degree and form.

I ti doubtful you would ever find a christian who does not Love Jesus(as) more than his family or any person on earth. Christians will tell you that when they accept Jesus(as) they give up all things to follow Jesus(as). A good christian will give up all he has including his family if he needs to do so to follw Jesus(as)

A Jew will likewise give up family, friends and lifestyle, if they are causing him to not follow the teachings of Judaism. A person who converts to Judaism, often as to seperate from family and friends if they are preventing him from following Judaism.

Most atheists are good loyal follows of secular law and will go against family including children if they are trying to lead him into doing what he considers to be illegal or immoral. they love law, justice and morality more than their own children.

Those are all examples of loving somebody or something more that family, including their own children.

Yet if a Muslim says the same thing about Muhammad(PBUT) they call it evil, perverted, sick, wrong etc.

Muslims love Muhammad(PBUH) in terms of meaning he is going to follow what was taught even if it goes against his own children. It Means he is going to love the Messenger for bringing the message more that he loves what ever anybody else gives him. Yes, a Muslim does love Muhammad(PBUH) more than he loves his own children, but that does not mean he is going to love his children any less than any parent loves his children. Muslims have great love for their children and by loving Muhammad(PBUH) it enhances this love, not take away from it. I doubt if any Muslim could feel the level love we have for our children, if we did not love Muhammad(PBUH) more. Our love of Muhammad(PBUH) enhances the love for our children, and does not remove any love for them.

Love is of such a nature that the more and stronger our love becomes, the more love we have to share. the greater our love we have for Muhammad(PBUH) the greater our love for others becomes. we do love Muhammad(PBUH) for the life he lived and do strive to live with the level of goodness he showed. we do not worship Muhammad(PBUH) we want to love Allaah(swt) as much as he loved Allaah(swt) and that is part of what we mean when we love Muhammad(PBUH) than even our own children.
Muhammad is a man not a god and to love a man who lived 1400 more then your own children is wrong.

As to what you say about Judaism. The family is really important in Judaism and not all Jews have the same practice.

I would not turn my back on my family. And a person who converts to Judaism does not have to separate himself from his family. Within Judaism there are different movements and different levels of practice are common within Judaism.

You should learn more about Judaism before speaking about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or