Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 07:42 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,033 times

Advertisements

How America was and how America is now after Iraq? The glass is half full.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 07:55 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,069,432 times
An error we Americans make is we seem to assume all people desire the type of government we have. We fail to see that to those living in Iraq and Afghanistan our actions seem to be no different from the actions of the 9/11 terrorists, only we are doing it on a larger scale.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:05 AM

617 posts, read 696,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
An error we Americans make is we seem to assume all people desire the type of government we have. We fail to see that to those living in Iraq and Afghanistan our actions seem to be no different from the actions of the 9/11 terrorists, only we are doing it on a larger scale.

yes, What the difference between the actions of the 9/11 terrorists and What America did here? nothing ,it just Replied the war to another war on the innocent... Wars never solved anything and will not make a good life, Do you think that the situation will be different if America did not kill people in America and Afghanistan ? I say YES

Old 06-30-2011, 08:59 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,041,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
We don't make an error as Americans to think that others want to have freedom of speech, freedom to practice a religion, or to not have or be religious. The freedom to choose our leaders and to have the freedom to get rid of bad leaders.

Woodrow I would suspect that there are an many women in Afghanistan who would disagree with you now that they can work, leave the house, and go to school. The actions of the taliban were no better then terrorists. They terrorized a population yet you have said not one thing about the behavior of the taliban towards the Afghani people.

If you love the middle east so much why don't you move there?

Old 06-30-2011, 09:10 AM

[quote=weaam;19820406]
There is no justification for the war on country Other just for One or two people waged war on America, Makes no sense to destroy an entire country like Iraq and Afghanistan for the attack of One or two people waged war on America or There are hidden there, How many innocent people killed in Afghanistan and Iraq by America and NATO,

Weaam, I have already explained to you why we were in Afghanistan, and Iraq. I don't think we should have been in Iraq but I do think we had a right to go into Afghanistan. When the taliban let Bin Laden have a country to live in and plot his terrorist activities they opened up the possibility to be attacked.

Even now America bear the fatal mistakes in the Middle East as a whole,waht did it only increase but a violence and Hatred, revenge by Its Savagery actions so I'm now talking about the state only, regardless of religions, Not a logical that bear innocent peoplea few the attackers's mistakes for they are only Muslims!!

But the West ( Governments) does not care but its interests, even if at the expense of Muslims

Only used bin Laden to fight the Russians and then killed him

How America killed bin Laden in front of his sons!!! then Buried him in the sea...

Weaam, at some point you need to think about all the children who were in the airplanes who he killed. The children in the twin towers who died. The man did not just kill a few people. He willfully planned and executed a plan that killed 3000+ people. I don't care that he is dead. But I do wish he had been brought to my country and brought to justice. I wish he had faced his death here in front of witnesses.

The adult sons of Osama bin Laden have lashed out at President Obama over their father's death, accusing the US of violating its basic legal principles by killing an unarmed man and disposing of his body in the sea. The statement said the family was asking why Osama "was not arrested
The adult sons of Osama bin Laden have lashed out at President Barack Obama in their first public reaction to their father's death, accusing the United States of violating its basic legal principles by killing an unarmed man, shooting his family members and disposing of his body in the sea. The statement, provided to The New York Times on Tuesday, said the family was asking why bin Laden, the leader of al-Qaida, "was not arrested and tried in a court of law so that truth is revealed to the people of the world." Citing the trials of Saddam Hussein , the former Iraqi leader, and Slobodan Milosevic , the former Serbian leader

And what about the rights of all the unarmed people he killed? Does he deserve more justice then they did.

source Wrong to kill unarmed man: Osama sons - Worldnews.com

America has not solved anything but violence and brutality as we see in arab Countries.

I see the Arab world and Islam as being violent. You seem to only care about violence when it happens to muslims. You completely ignore or even worse to justify violence against innocents.

I don't believe you really give any thought to what I say.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:42 AM

[quote=Jazzymom;19822186]We don't make an error as Americans to think that others want to have freedom of speech, freedom to practice a religion, or to not have or be religious. The freedom to choose our leaders and to have the freedom to get rid of bad leaders.

Woodrow I would suspect that there are an many women in Afghanistan who would disagree with you now that they can work, leave the house, and go to school. The actions of the taliban were no better then terrorists. They terrorized a population yet you have said not one thing about the behavior of the taliban towards the Afghani people.

I am not a supporter of the taliban and see them as an enemy of Islam. I doubt if I have ever said a kind word about the taliban.

the Vatican is a Country and UN member. It is a theocracy an not a democracy. I doubt if you will find anybody in the Vatican who wants a Democracy. Yet we do not try to tell the Pope he would be better off turning the Vatican into a democracy.

why don't I move to the Mideast? I actually have no special attachment for any country. I have found areas I love in every country I have lived in and I can be at home no matter where I am. It is a Moot point anyhow. My health will not let me do too much anyhow. All indications are that ND will be my finaly home, I just want to be left in peace during what remains of my time on this earth.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 AM

154 posts, read 216,779 times
Woodrow, its nice to see a fellow Muslim defending the faith.

as'salamu alaykum.

don't let the trolls get to you, ha ha.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:57 AM

[quote=Woodrow LI;19822762]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
We don't make an error as Americans to think that others want to have freedom of speech, freedom to practice a religion, or to not have or be religious. The freedom to choose our leaders and to have the freedom to get rid of bad leaders.

Woodrow: I am not a supporter of the taliban and see them as an enemy of Islam. I doubt if I have ever said a kind word about the taliban.

the Vatican is a Country and UN member. It is a theocracy an not a democracy. I doubt if you will find anybody in the Vatican who wants a Democracy. Yet we do not try to tell the Pope he would be better off turning the Vatican into a democracy.

why don't I move to the Mideast? I actually have no special attachment for any country. I have found areas I love in every country I have lived in and I can be at home no matter where I am. It is a Moot point anyhow. My health will not let me do too much anyhow. All indications are that ND will be my finaly home, I just want to be left in peace during what remains of my time on this earth.

I have not heard a muslim here on the board talk about the atrocities of the taliban, in fact I have heard them called anything but terrorists.

The Vatican is a religious organization that happens to be a unified entity. It happens to be in Rome. I hardly would compare it to a country like Italy, Spain, or the United States.

Most of my friends who grew up in Islam and had parents who were converts grew up in Saudia Arabia because once their parents converted they moved to Saudia Arabia.

Most of my friends (male) who converted moved to the middle east to go to school and learn Arabic.

Their attitudes changed about their home country. What I see in converts is that they change and they choose a side.

My youngest child was in a Muslim brownie troop when she was 5 and I was still going to the mosque and they emphasized east over west and in fact in one activity the girls were told emphasize " east over west".

My country has not always made good choices but in the war against terror it is not black and white and when your enemy hides in a population and plots to attack you, you still have a right to defend yourself. When your enemy hides in another country and plots to attack you again you still have a right to defend yourself.

Terrorists hide in populations and they plot.

The rights you have in this country you would not have in the middle east.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:01 AM

154 posts, read 216,779 times
Quote:

I have not heard a muslim here on the board talk about the atrocities of the taliban, in fact I have heard them called anything but terrorists.

I'll talk about the Taliban. What is it you would like to discuss?

Old 06-30-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:

The rights you have in this country you would not have in the middle east.
What rights do I need? Nothing can stop me from praying. I can do that no matter where I am. If need be, by myself in silence. I have no need for wealth, although I do currently have an above average income, I can do without it and have done so many times. I have no need of fearing any laws as most I have no intent nor desire to break and if there are any I might be tempted to break, I don't have the ability to do so.

It makes little difference how much freedom you have when your own body has become a prison. things I would love to do again would be to one more time fly a plane out over the Gulf of Mexico and put it through it's paces. ride a horse, although I have over 20 horses I can no longer climb on one. I would love to do some more paintings and write some more poetry, but eyesight and inability to concentrate any more, limits even that. I would love to walk through the woods again and enjoy the wind in my face, if only I was once again able to walk more than a few feet at a time.

What need do I have of freedom, when my body has betrayed me and become a prison? a life now that is dependent upon the internet, to interact with the world. Freedom of rights is of very little use and actually of little value. True freedom is the simple ability to stand up and walk outside on your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam