U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 10:17 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,429,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
I'll talk about the Taliban. What is it you would like to discuss?

Personally I know all I need to know about the taliban. And I believe I have an accurate picture of what life was like under the taliban. I also understand what life will be like for women when the taliban come back.

What bothers me is that I have not heard any muslims acknowledge what life was like under the taliban.

I have not heard any muslims acknowledge that the taliban allowed Al quada to operate with free reign in Afghanistan and that my country was attacked by that group.

Personally the Afghan people are the biggest losers here because they did not have much control over who came in and took over their country. They did not have any control over the terrorists who were plotting in their country to attack the west. And they did not have any control over the outcome of the activities of the taliban and Bin Laden.

It is all just really awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 10:21 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,302,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Personally I know all I need to know about the taliban. And I believe I have an accurate picture of what life was like under the taliban. I also understand what life will be like for women when the taliban come back.

What bothers me is that I have not heard any muslims acknowledge what life was like under the taliban.

I have not heard any muslims acknowledge that the taliban allowed Al quada to operate with free reign in Afghanistan and that my country was attacked by that group.

Personally the Afghan people are the biggest losers here because they did not have much control over who came in and took over their country. They did not have any control over the terrorists who were plotting in their country to attack the west. And they did not have any control over the outcome of the activities of the taliban and Bin Laden.

I really doubt if the true taliban even exists anymore and ceased to exist before I was born. what is currently called the Taliban are uneducated mercenaries being misled by criminals.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:22 AM

616 posts, read 591,794 times
[quote=Jazzymom;19822339]
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
There is no justification for the war on country Other just for One or two people waged war on America, Makes no sense to destroy an entire country like Iraq and Afghanistan for the attack of One or two people waged war on America or There are hidden there, How many innocent people killed in Afghanistan and Iraq by America and NATO,

Weaam, I have already explained to you why we were in Afghanistan, and Iraq. I don't think we should have been in Iraq but I do think we had a right to go into Afghanistan. When the taliban let Bin Laden have a country to live in and plot his terrorist activities they opened up the possibility to be attacked.

Even now America bear the fatal mistakes in the Middle East as a whole,waht did it only increase but a violence and Hatred, revenge by Its Savagery actions so I'm now talking about the state only, regardless of religions, Not a logical that bear innocent peoplea few the attackers's mistakes for they are only Muslims!!

But the West ( Governments) does not care but its interests, even if at the expense of Muslims

Only used bin Laden to fight the Russians and then killed him

How America killed bin Laden in front of his sons!!! then Buried him in the sea...

Weaam, at some point you need to think about all the children who were in the airplanes who he killed. The children in the twin towers who died. The man did not just kill a few people. He willfully planned and executed a plan that killed 3000+ people. I don't care that he is dead. But I do wish he had been brought to my country and brought to justice. I wish he had faced his death here in front of witnesses.

The adult sons of Osama bin Laden have lashed out at President Obama over their father's death, accusing the US of violating its basic legal principles by killing an unarmed man and disposing of his body in the sea. The statement said the family was asking why Osama "was not arrested
The adult sons of Osama bin Laden have lashed out at President Barack Obama in their first public reaction to their father's death, accusing the United States of violating its basic legal principles by killing an unarmed man, shooting his family members and disposing of his body in the sea. The statement, provided to The New York Times on Tuesday, said the family was asking why bin Laden, the leader of al-Qaida, "was not arrested and tried in a court of law so that truth is revealed to the people of the world." Citing the trials of Saddam Hussein , the former Iraqi leader, and Slobodan Milosevic , the former Serbian leader

And what about the rights of all the unarmed people he killed? Does he deserve more justice then they did.

source Wrong to kill unarmed man: Osama sons - Worldnews.com

America has not solved anything but violence and brutality as we see in arab Countries.

I see the Arab world and Islam as being violent. You seem to only care about violence when it happens to muslims. You completely ignore or even worse to justify violence against innocents.

I don't believe you really give any thought to what I say.

The objective of my words that I did not find this Condemnation and denunciation you have about Violent actions of America while Millions of Muslims against the attacks of September in all Muslim countries

On the other hand, America doesn't want to understand that it is reaping the thorns sown by itself in all Muslim countries

There is no justification for killing innocent people everywhere so we Take responsibility for the killing of 3000 innocent in America, Yes I denied this atrocity if you know arabic would have read all this rejection in our forums

Old 06-30-2011, 10:28 AM

[quote=weaam;19823354]
Quote:

The objective of my words that I did not find this Condemnation and denunciation you have about Violent actions of America while Millions of Muslims against the attacks of September in all Muslim countries

On the other hand, America doesn't want to understand that it is reaping the thorns sown by itself in all Muslim countries

There is no justification for killing innocent people everywhere so we Take responsibility for the killing of 3000 innocent in America, Yes I denied this atrocity if you know arabic would have read all this rejection in our forums

What do you mean if you know arabic would have read all this rejection in our forums

Pre 9/11 we were not in any country in the middle east we did not have permission to be in.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:36 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,302,730 times
[quote=Jazzymom;19823452]
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post

What do you mean if you know arabic would have read all this rejection in our forums
I believe what my sister is trying to explain that to understand what many English words, when translated into Arabic have a much different meaning that what we see in English and like wise most Arabic words when translated into English do not have the same meaning as in Arabic. My sister has constantly denounced the taliban and terrorism. But at times one would have to understand Arabic to fully know that her condemnations are condemnations of those who do evil in the name of Islam.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 AM

154 posts, read 187,801 times
Quote:
Personally I know all I need to know about the taliban.
This sort of logic reminds me of the "Everything I needed to know about Islam I learned on 9/11" bumper stickers. I guess continually improving ones knowledge, education, awareness, understanding, etc, isn't an appealing idea then - in your eyes.

Quote:
And I believe I have an accurate picture of what life was like under the taliban.

Oh really?

Quote:
I also understand what life will be like for women when the taliban come back.
I'd imagine that life for all - regardless of gender, age, etc, - will be chalk full of under nourishment, poverty, etc. At this point in time pointing an accusing finger solely towards the Taliban isn't an accurate way of summarizing and taking into account a history of the above calamities in Afghanistan. Hunger, poverty, war, drugs, etc, were a problem in this area of the world long before the Taliban came to power and prominence - and will no doubt continue to be long after they are gone.

Quote:
I'm going to go ahead and speculate that both distrust of the mass media and the average everyday Muslim not being long term residents of Afghanistan might have something to do with this.

What is it you are interested in hearing? Doom & gloom? Rape? Poverty? Hunger? Bombs? Sexual oppression? Will all of this satisfy your curiosity and help you sleep at night?

Quote:
I wouldn't necessarily call it 'free reign'. That's sort of a sensational accusation.

It's important... 'jazzymom'... to understand why the relationship between the two developed. You have to understand that many, many, non-afghani fighters helped and assisted the mujahadeen combat the soviet russian bear back between 79 - 89. Obviously, it's no big secret that sheik osama bin laden was a part of this effort. If you take into account the bond of brotherhood that develops between soldiers during times of war, then, perhaps this will lead you to understand further that you simply won't insult, disregard, or cast aside your brothers in arms during later years.

You have to understand as well that the Taliban as well is largely influenced by Pahstun cultural and social norms, customs, etc, and loyalty is a very honorable and righteous thing to that group of people. So for the Taliban and their mujahadeen to turn their backs on al-qaeda during their time of conflict was largely out of the question.

I've never seen any legitimate and unquestionable evidence that says Mullah Omar knew of sheikh Osama's plans and actions. If you have, let me know. Perhaps you work at the Pentagon. I dunno. I don't. I don't pretend to know everything. If you've seen evidence of the sort, let me know.

But what I do know is that the bond of loyalty and brotherhood between the Taliban and al-Qaeda was largely forged YEARS before 9/11 took place - on a personal level. Maybe you were raised differently as a child - no doubt you were raised under a different cultural and value system - but turning your backs on and betraying old friends, comrades, brothers, soul mates, kinsmen, etc, is something not looked upon as righteous and honourable.

Quote:
Personally the Afghan people are the biggest losers here because they did not have much control over who came in and took over their country.
I wouldn't go as far to call them losers. That's rather insulting. Choose your words more carefully, please. Though the same can be said of the democracies of the west - especially the United States.

Quote:

They did not have any control over the terrorists who were plotting in their country to attack the west.
I would love to reverse your sentence and change west to east. Referring, of course, to the administration of the United States Government.

Quote:
And they did not have any control over the outcome of the activities of the taliban and Bin Laden.
Again - much like the citizens and civilians of the United States of America. Since when does the average everyday joe control the affairs of men and women in positions of power and influence?

Quote:
Now this part I do agree with you on. Unfortunately we live in a world that seems hell bent on refusing to acknowledge the value and sanctity of human life. Hopefully someday this will change.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I have not heard a muslim here on the board talk about the atrocities of the taliban, in fact I have heard them called anything but terrorists.

OK. about taliban, Do you see that their fight to America in Afghanistan as Terrorism?

I see them defending themselves against the U.S. occupation

Here are several sources about Taliban...

Obama Regime: Taliban is Not a Terrorist Organization

Exposing Liberal Lies: Taliban Not a Terrorist Group?

State Department: Taliban is not a terrorist organization

State Department: Taliban is not a terrorist organization | The Daily Caller

Washington Says Taliban Is Not a Terrorist Organization

Washington Says Taliban Is Not a Terrorist Organization

Old 06-30-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
Woodrow, its nice to see a fellow Muslim defending the faith.

as'salamu alaykum.

don't let the trolls get to you, ha ha.

We aren't trolls. We all have been on this forum for a long long time as many would attest to.

Questioning is not being a troll.
Rejecting is not being a troll.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:11 AM

[quote=Woodrow LI;19823561]
Quote:

I believe what my sister is trying to explain that to understand what many English words, when translated into Arabic have a much different meaning that what we see in English and like wise most Arabic words when translated into English do not have the same meaning as in Arabic. My sister has constantly denounced the taliban and terrorism. But at times one would have to understand Arabic to fully know that her condemnations are condemnations of those who do evil in the name of Islam.

yes, that's what I meant ,thank you very much my brother, you are great , may Allah bless you , can you correct to me this as it must is in english pleas ?

if you know arabic would have read all this rejection in our forums

Old 06-30-2011, 11:19 AM

154 posts, read 187,801 times
Quote:
We aren't trolls. We all have been on this forum for a long long time as many would attest to.

Questioning is not being a troll.
Rejecting is not being a troll.
When you pose the same questions a hundred thousand times - questions that can be answered, refuted, and be akin to letting sleeping dogs lay - its trolling in abundance.

Just about every question asked on these forums are questions that have been dealt with time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again.

I think it might have been Einstein who once said
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.Albert Einstein, (attributed)
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or