U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 08:35 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,333,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You lie.
Review my posts, none of my questions have been addressed.
The trolls are you people trying to spread this trash as if it was a real religion. Islam is a cult that enslaves it's followers, and keeps people in fear of your harsh zero-tolerance authority. You have no ability to think for yourselves, because you must follow the dictates of your book, which hasn't changed one word in centuries.
When you speak of innocents, you only refer to muslims, non-muslims are never innocent. correct?
You are the trolls, and most of this forum is ignoring you for a reason. They know you are fruitloops disguised as learned.
I will not speak in defense of Islam, others here are quite capable of doing that themselves, but I will say that as a Native American the same can be said for Christianity and if you are a Christian then maybe you should study what Christianity did to the native population here when the European came to this land and decimated our people and our cultural beliefs. So one is just as bad as the other and from my viewpoint I could say Christianity is a cult that has cause nothing but divisiveness and hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 08:35 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,291,704 times
Quote:
You lie.
The trolls are you people trying to spread this trash as if it was a real religion. Islam is a cult that enslaves it's followers, and keeps people in fear of your harsh zero-tolerance authority. You have no ability to think for yourselves, because you must follow the dictates of your book, which hasn't changed one word in centuries.
When you speak of innocents, you only refer to muslims, non-muslims are never innocent. correct?
You are the trolls, and most of this forum is ignoring you for a reason. They know you are fruitloops disguised as learned.
Islam requires us to verify all we learn. We are not to follow any man out of blind faith. In the past the Islamic Nations were the centers of education especially in the sciences and Mathematics. But, wars and poor poor, unscrupulous leaders have decimated many of the old Nations. But, the sciences are making a big return and advances in medicine are being recognized in the European countries. Pakistan, especially around Karachi is fast becoming the choice for surgery by many Europeans.

Education is making some excellent returns. Check this link for example: King Abdullah University of Science and Technology

Old 06-30-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
When you pose the same questions a hundred thousand times - questions that can be answered, refuted, and be akin to letting sleeping dogs lay - its trolling in abundance.

Just about every question asked on these forums are questions that have been dealt with time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again.

I think it might have been Einstein who once said
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.Albert Einstein, (attributed)
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
How is one supposed to learn if one does not ask the questions? Is that not part of the learning process? Even Albert Einstein would ask questions and answers them also.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:56 PM

32,437 posts, read 17,770,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Yeah, we really see that concept working in Muslim countries

Preach on, dream on, the reality is islam brings violence and subjugation to women. Sugar coat it to your hearts content, the reality of islam is very different.
Yes, and America has no violence or subjugation? When did women and African Americans gain some basic civil rights in this country? Pass the sugar coating please.

Another example is Native Americans gained the right to vote in 1924. So how different are we, really. The Native American Church was only recently permitted in the early 20th century. I suppose the Native American church was given the "zero tolerance" treatment until then. Yeah, let's thump our chests.

Quote:
You lie.
Just as people on CDF ignore the religion and political threads? That has no bearing on the thread, but reflects people making the choice to NOT respond. A person can learn a lot by simply reading threads and posting is not necessary as a stamp of validation on any thread topic.

As a Native American, my perception of christianity's "zero tolerance" for native beliefs and how it was brought to our people do not bring to mind peace. Do the words, "save the soul, kill the Indian" ring a bell?

Instead of calling people trolls, why don't you listen and learn, you don't have to accept or change your beliefs, but you might learn something. But let's be honest here, your mind is already closed, but thanks for sharing anyway.

There are plenty of examples of fruitloops in every religion. Last I heard we are all imperfect and only One is perfect. But then a learned man knows that, right?

We had a Free Will Baptist tell us there would be no catholics in heaven. And not all Baptists, only Free Will Baptists would be in heaven. Do I use this to judge the thousands of Baptists in America?

Old 06-30-2011, 09:03 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,291,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
How is one supposed to learn if one does not ask the questions? Is that not part of the learning process? Even Albert Einstein would ask questions and answers them also.
To ask questions is a sign of intelligence.It takes a wise person to know he does not know something.

It is much dumber to not ask questions if you do not understand something. A person trying to learn something will ask numerous questions, often the same question many times. there are no dumb questions, but the world is full of ignorant people, who will never learn the value of questions.

Muslims are commanded to question all things and we will question until we feel we know a topic well enough to teach it. But then we are obligated to move onto the next topic we do not understand and the learning and questions begin all over.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:05 PM

40,090 posts, read 26,755,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Yes, and America has no violence or subjugation? When did women and African Americans gain some basic civil rights in this country? Pass the sugar coating please.

Another example is Native Americans gained the right to vote in 1924. So how different are we, really. The Native American Church was only recently permitted in the early 20th century. I suppose the Native American church was given the "zero tolerance" treatment until then. Yeah, let's thump our chests.
When does the statute of limitations run on these past offenses? I personally tire of hearing them. This is 2011 . . . deal with the present and future. Islam has proven to be a global threat and it is a heinous deen . . . TODAY.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:08 PM

616 posts, read 591,533 times
Quote:
You lie.

Quote:

because you must follow the dictates of your book, which hasn't changed one word in centuries.

following what dictates to us Quran never impede our progress and our lives

and how did you say we haven't changed one word in centuries

see this film

YouTube - ‪The Best in West About Islam

Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When does the statute of limitations run on these past offenses? I personally tire of hearing them. This is 2011 . . . deal with the present and future. Islam has proven to be a global threat and it is a heinous deen . . . TODAY.
When does it end, when everyone can treat one another with respect regardless of their religious or cultural belief, when we all realize that we're all human beings and have the same feelings and desires and dreams of peace and prosperity as everyone else, when I can say to my Christian, Islamic, or Jewish brother or sister that we are really all the same and they can say the same to me. That's when it will End.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:23 PM

154 posts, read 187,713 times
Quote:

Albert Einstein didn't have Google. LOL

Sometimes life as a fly on the wall doesn't sound so bad. I'd love to go back... say... 1997... and see if any of these current Islamophobic types were so concerned about said issues then or if it's simply all reactionary post 9-11 emotions boiling over.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 9,845,745 times
Quote:
I will not speak in defense of Islam, others here are quite capable of doing that themselves, but I will say that as a Native American the same can be said for Christianity and if you are a Christian then maybe you should study what Christianity did to the native population here when the European came to this land and decimated our people and our cultural beliefs. So one is just as bad as the other and from my viewpoint I could say Christianity is a cult that has cause nothing but divisiveness and hatred.
Nice diversion, but I'm not biting.
What are you even doing on this thread? Your religion is a positive one, and has nothing to do with Islam, which rules by the sword. You don't belong here, don't allow yourself to become tainted.
These people do not deserve your respect. Go take a shower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or