U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:52 AM

10,513 posts, read 10,333,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be with God was not with View Post
اشكرك جدا على طرح مثل هذا الموضوع

في امل ان يستفيد الكثيرون منه

Would you care to put that in English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 09:10 AM

616 posts, read 591,449 times
Quote:

اخي الكريم ممنوع هنا ان تكتب بلغتك بل بالأنجليزي لا احد هنا يتقن العربية إلا شخص أو شخصين عرب

pleas my brother write english

Old 07-01-2011, 09:11 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Quote:

You are welcome, "Iyyaka Khayran" I speak the Darija dialect and do use some pronunciations you may not recognise I see you wrote in the Classic Saud.

Keep in mind most here do not read B'el Arbeea.

For those who do not read Arabic you said: "Thank You for starting this topic to benefit others"

I do appreciate your thought and intention

Please (min fa deek) write in English as most here do not read Arabic I think only 2 or 3 of us do and I believe only sister weaam is fluent.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Would you care to put that in English.

Sir, ptsum he just posted Words of gratitude for the original thread

Old 07-01-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You are welcome, "Iyyaka Khayran" I speak the Darija dialect and do use some pronunciations you may not recognise I see you wrote in the Classic Saud.

Keep in mind most here do not read B'el Arbeea.

For those who do not read Arabic you said: "Thank You for starting this topic to benefit others"

I do appreciate your thought and intention

Please (min fa deek) write in English as most here do not read Arabic I think only 2 or 3 of us do and I believe only sister weaam is fluent.

my brother Woodrow, do you know Arabic well?

Old 07-01-2011, 09:36 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
my brother Woodrow, do you know Arabic well?

I read it much better than I write or speak it. I learned it in Morocco and what I learned is the Darija dialect, which I found that outside of Maroc and Algeria nobody understands. But the written is the same so I can read it fairly well, but ruin the pronunciations and I use a lot of phrases that are found in Maroc such as for yes instead of Na'am I say Wah-kah

The good part it does enable me to read the Qur'an, but I can not recite with proper tajweed, which Inshallah, one day I will accomplish.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Sir, ptsum he just posted Words of gratitude for the original thread

I thank you for the translation and if he does wish to speak in Arabic, I have no objection as long as there is an English translation to go with it so that we all can share and stay within the guidelines of the Terms Of Service (TOS).

An example would be: u-li-he-li-s-di tso-s-da-nv-tli (welcome my brother) in my native Tsalagi language.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I read it much better than I write or speak it. I learned it in Morocco and what I learned is the Darija dialect, which I found that outside of Maroc and Algeria nobody understands. But the written is the same so I can read it fairly well, but ruin the pronunciations and I use a lot of phrases that are found in Maroc such as for yes instead of Na'am I say Wah-kah

The good part it does enable me to read the Qur'an, but I can not recite with proper tajweed, which Inshallah, one day I will accomplish.

MashAllah , do you know that Dialects differ from one country to another, this makes learning the Arabic language is not easy , I know Morocco's Morocco, Algeria they are hard, so I spoke once with an Algerian by his Dialect I found words I do not understand..

The best thing to learn the languages is acquisition

I hope to achieve everything you want InshAllah

Old 07-01-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I thank you for the translation and if he does wish to speak in Arabic,

I do not know if he does not wish to speak in arabic

I have no objection as long as there is an English translation to go with it so that we all can share and stay within the guidelines of the Terms Of Service (TOS).

yes, you are right

An example would be: u-li-he-li-s-di tso-s-da-nv-tli (welcome my brother) in my native Tsalagi language.
this is Dialect right? I really find Difficulty in the American Accent, I do not hear many just read so If you're talking now I can not understand you

Old 07-01-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
this is Dialect right? I really find Difficulty in the American Accent, I do not hear many just read so If you're talking now I can not understand you
weaam, that was not American accent or English, that is the ancient language of my ancestors that is put in writing, it is the Cherokee(Tsalagi) written language. Woodrow knows a little bit about it and he also knows it is a difficult language to learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or