U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 05:00 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
It seems like the hadith are written by man and are simply examples to follow of the prophets words and actions.

Since they are man made and the prophet was a man, why are they followed at all?

I never understood that.
They are examples of how the Sahabis worshiped. We do know that they were happening when the Qur'an was being revealed and that they followed the Qur'an as to what they deemed proper. Since the Qur'an was 20 years in being revealed we feel safe to believe they were following correctly or it would have been corrected. For example as the Arabs were quite prone to alcoholic beverages and did persist in getting drunk, the prohibition on alcohol was given several times each time stronger, than the previous.

Basically if we find anything in the Ahadith that conflicts with the Qur'an we do not follow the Hadith. So far nobody has found anything in the first 4 collections that conflict with the Qur'an.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 06:26 PM

563 posts, read 800,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
look, my brother , Both the Quran and the hadiths are legislation

In the orders and prohibitions of Allah we are not differentiate between them, For that you may find some of the issues not mentioned in the Koran, but are mentioned in the hadiths

so, Both are Complete the other
That is not logically possible. If the Koran is the complete word of Allah, then hadith is not needed. If hadith is relied upon, it means the Koran could not give a clear and/or correct teaching. I believe the Koran is complete and the hadiths are something humans added. I think at first the idea was noble, but it seems a way of control now.
It is only the opinion of a simple man, not a scholar, forgive me if I have offended you.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
That is not logically possible. If the Koran is the complete word of Allah, then hadith is not needed. If hadith is relied upon, it means the Koran could not give a clear and/or correct teaching. I believe the Koran is complete and the hadiths are something humans added. I think at first the idea was noble, but it seems a way of control now.
It is only the opinion of a simple man, not a scholar, forgive me if I have offended you.
That is a very understandable view and one that many Muslims do agree with. However, the Qur'an does tell us to do as Muhammad(PBUH) taught/did and that is found in the Ahadith. For example read Surat 4 ayyat 59

Old 06-27-2011, 09:36 PM

439 posts, read 482,076 times
Quote:
It seems like the hadith are written by man and are simply examples to follow of the prophets words and actions.

Since they are man made and the prophet was a man, why are they followed at all?

I never understood that.

O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger,
and those charged with authority among you.
If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger,
if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day:
That is best, and most suitable for final determination. The Noble Quran.

Allah ordered us to obey the messenger .
by obeying Muhammed we are actually obeying Allah.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:40 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,424,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger,
and those charged with authority among you.
If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger,
if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day:
That is best, and most suitable for final determination. The Noble Quran.

Allah ordered us to obey the messenger .
by obeying Muhammed we are actually obeying Allah.

And so you put Muhammad equal to G-d. Christians put Jesus equal to G-d too.

The hadith are man made and not from G-d so how can you say the are equal to the Quran and to G-d?

Old 06-27-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:

The hadith are man made and not from G-d so how can you say the are equal to the Quran and to G-d?
They are not equal. The Ahadith and Qur'an are 2 different things with different purposes.

Sort of like reading the Drivers manual for your state. That will tell you how to pass your written exam, but somebody will still have to teach you how to drive the car.

The Qur'an tells us what we are to obey and follow, the Ahadith tell us how.

It is for the same reason you get instructions from a Rabbi on how to do your Bat Mitzvah and do not get it from just reading the Torah yourself.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:21 PM

439 posts, read 482,076 times
Quote:

here is the answer from the prophet him self

the prophet Muhammad peace and blessing of Allah be upon him said.

"Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a Slave. So, call me the Slave of Allah and His Apostle."

Old 06-28-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
here is the answer from the prophet him self

the prophet Muhammad peace and blessing of Allah be upon him said.

"Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a Slave. So, call me the Slave of Allah and His Apostle."
Thats not an answer, All it says is that I am a slave of G-d. The hadith are man made. Muhammad did not write them, did not even know about them. He is a man, those who wrote the hadith were mere men.

All writings are man made.

Muslims worship muhammad and put the hadith as equal to the quran.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
They are not equal. The Ahadith and Qur'an are 2 different things with different purposes.

Sort of like reading the Drivers manual for your state. That will tell you how to pass your written exam, but somebody will still have to teach you how to drive the car.

The Qur'an tells us what we are to obey and follow, the Ahadith tell us how.

It is for the same reason you get instructions from a Rabbi on how to do your Bat Mitzvah and do not get it from just reading the Torah yourself.

Woodrow I know what the hadith are. The muslims I know put more effort into following the hadith then reading the Quran. They put effort into reading the hadith and memorizing the Quran.

Again if you need the hadith to tell you about your religion you are putting it above the Quran.

Muhammad did not write the hadith, he was not even alive when they were written. They are hearsay. They are hearsay because they are sayings of the prophet as others heard them. Many of the hadith came from the companions of the prophet and his wife Aisha. But they are still hearsay.

If they heard him say something or saw him do something and enough people also saw the same thing then it must be so.

There is nothing scientific about heresay.

And you would be wrong about the Bar Mitzvah. There is a structure to the service but it is not the same for all B'nai Mitzvot. In fact there is much flexibility in the services depending on what is the custom in each movement or community.

Many communities don't have a rabbi and they still have Bar Mitzvah services.

In fact I am currently working on my son's Bar Mitzvah service and we have no Rabbi. I am putting together his siddur myself as that is the tradition in my community. He will work with a tutor for a period of time to study the prayers and Torah portion he will chant.

I will bring in an outside facilitator to lead the service.

So you would be wrong as to comparing a bar mitzvah service to the hadith.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:25 AM

616 posts, read 591,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post

no, you never offended me, Let me explain to you what I meant :

The Qur'an is one leg of two which form the basis of Islam. The second leg is the Sunnah of the Prophet . What makes the Qur'an different from the Sunnah is primarily its form. Unlike the Sunnah, the Qur'an is quite literally the Word of Allah, whereas the Sunnah was inspired by Allah but the wording and actions are the Prophet's. The Qur'an has not been expressed using any human's words. Its wording is letter for letter fixed by no one but Allah

Al-hadith are In Islam, the Arabic word sunnah has come to denote the way Prophet Muhammad , the Messenger of Allah, lived his life. The Sunnah is the second source of Islamic jurisprudence, the first being the Qur'an. Both sources are indispensable; one cannot practice Islam without consulting both of them. The Arabic word hadith (pl. ahadith) is very similar to Sunnah, but not identical. A hadith is a narration about the life of the Prophet or what he approved - as opposed to his life itself, which is the Sunnah as already mentioned

Here a trusted source :

http://www.islamicweb.com/?folder=quran
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or