Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 09:57 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Nice diversion, but I'm not biting.
What are you even doing on this thread? Your religion is a positive one, and has nothing to do with Islam, which rules by the sword. You don't belong here, don't allow yourself to become tainted.
These people do not deserve your respect. Go take a shower.
Ptsum won't be tainted. He in fact has a deep understanding of what he says.
He does in fact have a right to be here and to offer his perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 10:06 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I didn't say he didn't have a right to be here. He is gullible, and these people thrive on the unwary. I am trying to save him. Islam is nothing to play with, it's a deadly game. It's like listening to gang members talk about how they are family, brotherly love, take care of eachother bs, when the reality is, they steal your future and your soul.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
I didn't say he didn't have a right to be here. He is gullible, and these people thrive on the unwary. I am trying to save him. Islam is nothing to play with, it's a deadly game. It's like listening to gang members talk about how they are family, brotherly love, take care of eachother bs, when the reality is, they steal your future and your soul.
He is not gullible I assure you. He absolutely knows what he says and why he says it. You told him "You don't belong here", that is not to far off from saying he didn't have any right to be here.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:14 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
I would also add that while Ptsum and I disagree about religion, I do appreciate and respect his input. I see him as a very valued contributor to many threads.

For that matter as much and as often as I disagree with You, Jazzymom, I strongly believe you have a right to post what you believe, where ever you feel it applies. I might want to push you off the side of the computer, but I respect your right to post here and would never want anyone to even think you have no right to be here.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:16 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
When does it end, when everyone can treat one another with respect regardless of their religious or cultural belief, when we all realize that we're all human beings and have the same feelings and desires and dreams of peace and prosperity as everyone else, when I can say to my Christian, Islamic, or Jewish brother or sister that we are really all the same and they can say the same to me. That's when it will End.
Lovely sentiments, ptsum . . . but when an entire barbaric cultural anachronism . . . like Islam . . . does not buy into it we have to stay focused on the here and now . . . NOT past issues. Sufficient for the day is today's troubles . . . and today's troubles are the fanatic Islamists and their global funders, period.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I would also add that while Ptsum and I disagree about religion, I do appreciate and respect his input. I see him as a very valued contributor to many threads.

For that matter as much and as often as I disagree with You, Jazzymom, I strongly believe you have a right to post what you believe, where ever you feel it applies. I might want to push you off the side of the computer, but I respect your right to post here and would never want anyone to even think you have no right to be here.
Thank you Woodrow!

Old 06-30-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
He is not gullible I assure you. He absolutely knows what he says and why he says it. You told him "You don't belong here", that is not to far off from saying he didn't have any right to be here.
I don't wish to fight with you, over what I said to someone else. Why are you even interjecting yourself into my conversation with him?
Saying he doesn't belong here, is not telling him he has no right to be here. I have a right to stand in the middle of the freeway, but it wouldn't be wise for me to do so. That was what I was saying, if you must have me spell it out for you.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

oh good grief, let's all sing kumbaya and play ring around the rosy.

Woodrow, are you familiar with Robert Spencer? He is one of the leading experts on Islam, he had a fascination with it. He lectures and has written numerous books on the subject.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
I don't wish to fight with you, over what I said to someone else. Why are you even interjecting yourself into my conversation with him?
Saying he doesn't belong here, is not telling him he has no right to be here. I have a right to stand in the middle of the freeway, but it wouldn't be wise for me to do so. That was what I was saying, if you must have me spell it out for you.
Because he is my friend. And telling someone they don't belong somewhere is the same as saying they have no right to be there.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:26 PM

617 posts, read 696,625 times
Quote:
Nice diversion, but I'm not biting.
What are you even doing on this thread? Your religion is a positive one, and has nothing to do with Islam, which rules by the sword. You don't belong here, don't allow yourself to become tainted.
These people do not deserve your respect. Go take a shower.

who said you that muslims do not deserve his respect? , I see ptsum Respectable person yes, he is disagree with us in religion without hatred and malice

I do not see any need for inciting him

I think You must respect yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam