U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:31 AM

616 posts, read 591,111 times

Advertisements

Many non-Muslims see Muslims support terrorism and violence just because they are Muslims

Nothing in Islam calls or supports terrorism and Do not know that Muslims love peace and looking for it also

Muslims Condemn Terrorist Attacks:Fatwa Against Terrorism

http://truthofhinduism.com/islam/muslims-condemn-terrorist-attacks/

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?

Islam - Verses of Qur'an That Condone "Killing the Infidel"?

Old 06-30-2011, 11:44 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
Many non-Muslims see Muslims support terrorism and violence just because they are Muslims

Nothing in Islam calls or supports terrorism and Do not know that Muslims love peace and looking for it also

Muslims Condemn Terrorist Attacks:Fatwa Against Terrorism

http://truthofhinduism.com/islam/muslims-condemn-terrorist-attacks/

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?

Islam - Verses of Qur'an That Condone "Killing the Infidel"?
Peace my sister,

Although the Western media seems to dwell upon negative news about us. I do not see it as a sinister plan. It is based on money. the Media is designed to make money. They are profit motivated and as such they want to have the highest ratings and be able to charge the most for advertising. the sad fact is sensationalism attracts the largest audience. good news does not sell, find something bad to say about somebody and that will attract an audience.

We and others are the victims of greed for money.

People do not want to know we are humans with compassion for others. That will not sell advertising space. People want to read about us as if we are a horror story. fear is a great motivation to sell news.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:07 PM

This Muslim Poet, gives a very good showing of how most of us feel about terrorists.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:14 PM

5,421 posts, read 7,888,144 times
the above post is good.

However, I think that there are three groups- the vocal anti-terrorist minority, the terrorists, and the non-vocal people in the middle. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist, and I honestly believe that the majority of people (in Muslim countries, anyways) are rather indifferent.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
the above post is good.

However, I think that there are three groups- the vocal anti-terrorist minority, the terrorists, and the non-vocal people in the middle. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist, and I honestly believe that the majority of people (in Muslim countries, anyways) are rather indifferent.
From what I have been able to find on Mideastern News sites, it seems many of the Imams in the majority Muslim countries are speaking out against terrorism. Also there are frequent protest marches against it and most Arab language TV stations are broadcasting anti-terrorism ads. such as this one

Old 06-30-2011, 12:45 PM

13,143 posts, read 19,189,484 times
So that whole "jihad" thing is just made up by the U.S. media?!

Old 06-30-2011, 12:55 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,328,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
From what I have been able to find on Mideastern News sites, it seems many of the Imams in the majority Muslim countries are speaking out against terrorism. Also there are frequent protest marches against it and most Arab language TV stations are broadcasting anti-terrorism ads. such as this one

Well it's a start in the right direction, let's hope it continues..

Old 06-30-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
So that whole "jihad" thing is just made up by the U.S. media?!
No the media does seem to be reporting what it sees. but from what I see those alleged Jihadis do not even know what is meant by Jihad. I am not saying they are not Muslims, I am certain they consider themselves Muslim and are following what they believe is Islamic. but their actions seem to be out of erroneous teachings and/or deliberate lies by the Criminal element.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:10 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,424,680 times
The American media is one of the most open there is. You can watch media from all over the world. You can see news from many points of views.

We have no state sponsored media and we have freedom of information.

Here is an example of what I see daily.
The BBC - British Broadcasting
IBA - Israel Broadcasting in English
The local and national news
Radio news on public radio
On Sunday mornings I listen to the Doha Debates.

That is just the tip of what most Americans have access to.

As to the terrorists they are muslim and they have an agenda. They are following what they see as Islam.

The problem in any religion is that there are extremists. In this country we have the Westboro Baptist Church group behaving badly and Christians say they aren't "real" Christians. Sure they are but they are extremist in their views.

Extremist Jews and they exist, they show Judaism in a bad light but they are Jews none the less.

Same with Muslims, mainstream muslims may not agree with what extremists say and do but they are muslim despite what others think.

Last edited by Jazzymom; 06-30-2011 at 04:19 PM..

Old 06-30-2011, 04:39 PM

110 posts, read 85,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
The American media is one of the most open there is. You can watch media from all over the world. You can see news from many points of views.

We have no state sponsored media and we have freedom of information.

Here is an example of what I see daily.
The BBC - British Broadcasting
IBA - Israel Broadcasting in English
The local and national news
Radio news on public radio
On Sunday mornings I listen to the Doha Debates.

That is just the tip of what most Americans have access to.

As to the terrorists they are muslim and they have an agenda. They are following what they see as Islam.

The problem in any religion is that there are extremists. In this country we have the Westboro Baptist Church group behaving badly and Christians say they aren't "real" Christians. Sure they are but they are extremist in their views.

Extremist Jews and they exist, they show Judaism in a bad light but they are Jews none the less.

Same with Muslims, mainstream muslims may not agree with what extremists say and do but they are muslim despite what others think.
Funny how only the Muslims seem to take their extremism as an overt order to kill on purely religious grounds.

I'm of the opinion that all of religion is a hoax and a canard, but Islam strikes me as one of the more plagiaristic, violent forms of the bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam