U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-04-2011, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Reputation: 7407

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
It seems to seek to keep women in a submissive, and segregated status. It also only works with muslims. It would seem that Islam would seek to become integrated with men and women being equal. It would also seem that in bringing muslims back to Islam they would also want to work towards allowing muslims to become integrated in the societies in which they live. But in the world Islam seems to encourage being separate from society and non integration of muslims.

What I mean by a community of religions is that all the different religions even though they have differences in belief have a way to move beyond that and have a mutual respect and cooperation. To be able to move beyond what separates and move towards what connects us.

In order to co-exist religions need to accept the differences of others.


altmuslimah - The Tablighi Jamaat: A question of gender equality (http://www.altmuslimah.com/a/b/mca/4221/ - broken link)

But Yogindar Sikand, in his piece, “Women and the Tablighi Jamaat,” points out a far less equal situation for women. Sikand argues that there is an immense reliance on Tablighi texts, which are highly influenced by a Deobandi understanding that women should be deferential. The Deobandi method comes from a teaching institution rooted in Deoband, India, that focuses on religious knowledge, Sharia law and leadership vis a vis Sufism. The group also adheres to the four established Sunni schools of thought (“madhahib”) - Shafi’I, Hanbali, Maliki, and Hanafi - declaring that it “has been a center of both the Shariah and the Tariqa from the very day of its its inception.”
“To reinforce the image of the submissive wife, Tablighi texts freely draw on weak (za‘if) and concocted (mauzu) traditions (ahadith) attributed to the Prophet, which critics argue are completely violative of the actual Qur’anic mandate of gender equality, and which were later fabricated in order to lend support to extreme patriarchal notions.”


Sikand goes on to cite the book, “Twenty Lessons for Muslim Women,” by Indian Tablighi scholar, Maulana ‘Ashiq Elahi Bulandshahri. Bulandshahri is preoccupied with distinct details on how women should go about their daily lives, and maintain their modesty: “If she goes to the market she must not, under any circumstances, lift the veil from off her face, not even to see what she is buying,” (Bulandshahri n.d., 75).



A loosely organized, open fraternity, the Tablighi Jamaat associations travel in groups to various towns and mosques to invite Muslims to come and learn about Islam. This organization does not “preach” to people outside of the faith. Instead, it seeks to cultivate the faith of those already Muslim; the group is based on the idea that building a strong Islamic foundation is necessary before going out to call others to Islam. Today, Tablighi Jamaat branches are found all over world.
I think it is a wise move to first educate our selves as to what Islam is, before intermingling. Otherwise we will have self styled Jihadists, thinking they are following Islam and that will be what much of the world will see as Islam, which would not make us very welcome any place. Muslims have to Know what Islam is, if they are going to intermix. We do have those using the name Muslim, who do not follow Islam. They are not fit people to mix with anybody until they come to understand what Islam is. Yes many Muslims do have to learn more about Islam if they are going to mix in peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-04-2011, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 591,180 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
IJTIHAD
A Return to Enlightenment, this is how Islam will come to co-exist with other religions in peace. For in moderation and understanding there can be co-existance.

The moderate muslims view:
Who are Moderate Muslims?
Ijtihad narrowly understood is a juristic tool that allows independent reasoning to articulate Islamic law on issues where textual sources are silent. The unstated assumption being when texts have spoken reason must be silent. But increasingly moderate Muslim intellectuals see Ijtihad as the spirit of Islamic thought that is necessary for the vitality of Islamic ideas and Islamic civilization. Without Ijtihad, Islamic thought and Islamic civilization fall into decay.

For moderate Muslims, Ijtihad is a way of life, which simultaneously allows Islam to reign supreme in the heart and the mind to experience unfettered freedom of thought. A moderate Muslim is therefore one who cherishes freedom of thought while recognizing the existential necessity of faith. She aspires for change, but through the power of mind and not through planting mines.


Mainly, Islam is Moderated for that, was there somthing called "ijtihad" so Is one of the principles of Islam and of the assets of Islamic Fiqh, it was not an invention of any Muslim.


it is the biggest proof that Islam is the religion of moderation and flexibility

What does ijtihad mean? Who is called mujtahid?

What does Ijtihad mean? Who is Mujtahid? (http://www.ummah.net/Al_adaab/fiqh/ijtihad_mujtahid.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 591,180 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Looking through the links posted I found this:



I see that as encouraging interaction with the world. However, I do want to point out that while Tablighi Jamaat associations are but one result of Ijtihad and not the whole concept.

A side note to those who misunderstand Jihad and what Jihad means to Muslims. Ijtihad, is Jihad. The terrorism, suicide bombers etc often called Jihad are not.

my brother ijtihas and jihad Both are totally different from the other

Ijtihad is Sources of Islamic FuQh

Jihad is Struggle and defense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
my brother ijtihas and jihad Both are totally different from the other

Ijtihad is Sources of Islamic FuQh

Jihad is Struggle and defense
Thank You My sister for the clarification. I was looking at the root of both words and now see that the placement of the Ta shows different roots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 11:45 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,974,576 times
Reputation: 5074
What is "FuQh"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 12:00 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,038,858 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Thank You My sister for the clarification. I was looking at the root of both words and now see that the placement of the Ta shows different roots.
if you are talking about the root of two words then you are right
the root of two words are the same , which is "jhd" it means effort

Ijtihad , is to make self effort to learning your self
jihad , is to stuggle ( effort against evil desire )

so jihad and Ijtihad have different meanning but both share the same root
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 12:02 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,038,858 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
What is "FuQh"?
Fiqh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 04:00 AM
 
570 posts, read 636,594 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
IJTIHAD
A Return to Enlightenment, this is how Islam will come to co-exist with other religions in peace. For in moderation and understanding there can be co-existance.

The moderate muslims view:
Who are Moderate Muslims?
Ijtihad narrowly understood is a juristic tool that allows independent reasoning to articulate Islamic law on issues where textual sources are silent. The unstated assumption being when texts have spoken reason must be silent. But increasingly moderate Muslim intellectuals see Ijtihad as the spirit of Islamic thought that is necessary for the vitality of Islamic ideas and Islamic civilization. Without Ijtihad, Islamic thought and Islamic civilization fall into decay.

For moderate Muslims, Ijtihad is a way of life, which simultaneously allows Islam to reign supreme in the heart and the mind to experience unfettered freedom of thought. A moderate Muslim is therefore one who cherishes freedom of thought while recognizing the existential necessity of faith. She aspires for change, but through the power of mind and not through planting mines.
All the problems come from injustice
Israel occupies Arab land and exercise all possible crimes on Palestinians & when some of them defende thire self & their land they considered as terrorist ,
America protects the injustice of Israel and supported it .. unfortunately.. that injustice angered Muslims and help to emergence Islamic extremism .
This is what happens when adding fuel into the fire .
When that injustice stop ... Islamic extremism will stop ..
It is that simple .
If Muslimes applied Islam as they should they would hav been angels walking on earth .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:31 AM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 591,180 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Thank You My sister for the clarification. I was looking at the root of both words and now see that the placement of the Ta shows different roots.

Yes, as elwill explained, may Allah reward him

when we would to writ them in arabic

will be :

Ijtihad : اجتهاد

jihad : جهاد
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:44 AM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 591,180 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
All the problems come from injustice
Israel occupies Arab land and exercise all possible crimes on Palestinians & when some of them defende thire self & their land they considered as terrorist ,
America protects the injustice of Israel and supported it .. unfortunately.. that injustice angered Muslims and help to emergence Islamic extremism .
This is what happens when adding fuel into the fire .
When that injustice stop ... Islamic extremism will stop ..
It is that simple .
If Muslimes applied Islam as they should they would hav been angels walking on earth .

that's right my brother.

Regardless of religions, When I do a person an injustice,I should not be surprised by his\her harsh reaction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top