U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 11:24 AM

8,820 posts, read 10,738,210 times

Advertisements

let me rephrase

Ah, a quote from that part of the bible that is not cannonical to my faith tradition.

Is THAT better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 11:30 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,951,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
let me rephrase

Ah, a quote from that part of the bible that is not cannonical to my faith tradition.

Is THAT better?
And not too long ago you were having a problem with someone's interpretation of it.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:42 AM

3,059 posts, read 3,234,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Better look at the c sects; monks, gender specific religious communities.
Does the OP also want Orthodox Jews to integrate in their place of worship?

I want equality for all...is that understandable?

Old 07-15-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
What if a Muslim wants to impose a will on Christian practices? Would you be okay with that?

Old 07-15-2011, 11:56 AM

3,059 posts, read 3,234,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What if a Muslim wants to impose a will on Christian practices? Would you be okay with that?

What if a Hindu wants impose their practices on a Atheist? What if, blah blah blah. We can do the what if game all day long if you want.....Always the Christian bashers come out when a question of Islamic ways are asked or investigated. Why is that exactly? Stay on topic....Reread what the thread is about. Let me know if the word Christian is in the title, sound good to you? Your question is as assine as one would be if I asked about Islam in a Christain thread....Is staying on topic with Islam that hard, or are you too scared to question that religion, as you seem to have no problem doing with Christianty? Amazing

Old 07-15-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And not too long ago you were having a problem with someone's interpretation of it.

I assumed it was a quote from taanach. I didnt realize JC talked about head coverings. The Christians are always saying its all about faith, and that concern for details of ritual is a Jewish thing.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Then you should push for that in YOUR church. Some religions have different views (Orthodox and many Conservative Jewish synagogues, for example reserve certain of the weekly bible readings for descendants of the ancient priestly order - would you have the govt ban that too?)

Old 07-15-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
What if a Hindu wants impose their practices on a Atheist? What if, blah blah blah. We can do the what if game all day long if you want.....Always the Christian bashers come out when a question of Islamic ways are asked or investigated. Why is that exactly? Stay on topic....Reread what the thread is about. Let me know if the word Christian is in the title, sound good to you? Your question is as assine as one would be if I asked about Islam in a Christain thread....Is staying on topic with Islam that hard, or are you too scared to question that religion, as you seem to have no problem doing with Christianty? Amazing
its fine if someone wants to QUESTION a religion. If you want to pass a law that impacts its practice, you have to impose that on all religions, and on secular activities as well. Thats not a defense of Islam - its a defense of the religious neutrality of the state - its not homage to allah or muhammed - its homage to Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
I assumed it was a quote from taanach. I didnt realize JC talked about head coverings. The Christians are always saying its all about faith, and that concern for details of ritual is a Jewish thing.
We can separate it from the Bible, hence Christianity, just as soon as the religion denounces and eliminates such inclusions, the text inherited from Judaism. Perhaps that will also include and even older text... The Ten Commandments?

Old 07-15-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
What if a Hindu wants impose their practices on a Atheist? What if, blah blah blah. We can do the what if game all day long if you want...
And your answer to my question is... a yes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam