U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:41 PM

2,415 posts, read 2,429,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
Hold to forgiveness; command what is right; But turn away from the ignorant.
............these issues can not be settled by us ,here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 01:49 PM

Default A True Religion..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
True religion is not a system of philosophic belief which can be reasoned out and substantiated by natural proofs, neither is it a fantastic and mystic experience of indescribable feelings of ecstasy which can be enjoyed only by the romantic devotees of mysticism. Religion is not the product of reason, but viewed from within, it is altogether reasonable. Religion is not derived from the logic of human philosophy, but as a mortal experience it is altogether logical. Religion is the experiencing of divinity in the consciousness of a moral being of evolutionary origin, it represents true experience with eternal realities in time, the realization of spiritual satisfactions while yet in the flesh. One who experiences true religion doesnt have to argue about religion.
..........finds a way to make peace. care for the unfortunate, resist evil, promote the good.........so where is the perfect religion, I want to sign up. Fact is we will never have perfection............if you find the perfect religion don't join it , you will ruin it.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:57 PM

Default Jesus didn't say we are all gods chidren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
Oh bless you.Well are you talking about the Apostle Creed.It's not wrong.You know I wish we all could get along in this world and not attack each others religion.We all are God's children.
Some times he said harsh things, especially those who LIE, hurt children, murder the innocent . ........................he also had harsh words who would turn the temple into a Market to make profit.............that disqualifies many groups, and he said not to raise up hero's and STARS but each person should treat the other as a brother and sister.

Last edited by bluescityleon; 07-26-2011 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-26-2011, 06:58 PM

439 posts, read 482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
................do you believe he was a prophet?
i am a muslim

i believe that Allah is the only god
i believe that Muhammed is his messenger

prophet Muhammed peace and blessing of Allah be upon him told us about prophet Jesus peace be upon him.

if i do not believe that Jesus is a prophet that means i do not believe in Muhammed

and if i do not believe in Muhammed i go to Hell.
that also means if i do not believe that Jesus is a prophe i go to Hell.

And (remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah has chosen you, purified you (from polytheism and disbelief), and chosen you above the women of the 'Alamin (mankind and jinn) (of her lifetime)."

43 O Mary! "Submit yourself with obedience to your Lord (Allah, by worshipping none but Him Alone) and prostrate yourself, and Irka'i (bow down) along with Ar-Raki'un (those who bow down)."

44 This is a part of the news of the Ghaib (unseen, i.e. the news of the past nations of which you have no knowledge) which We reveal to you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم). You were not with them, when they cast lots with their pens as to which of them should be charged with the care of Maryam (Mary); nor were you with them when they disputed.

45 (Remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word ["Be!" - and he was! i.e. 'ősa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah 'ősa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allah."

46 "He will speak to the people in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous."

47 She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me." He said: "So (it will be) for Allah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: "Be!" - and it is.

48 And He (Allah) will teach him [('ősa (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom), (and) the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).

49 And will make him [('ősa (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, a figure like that of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allah's Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.

50 And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Taurat (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allah and obey me.

51 Truly! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path.

52 Then when 'ősa (Jesus) came to know of their disbelief, he said: "Who will be my helpers in Allah's Cause?" Al-Hawariyyun (the disciples) said: "We are the helpers of Allah; we believe in Allah, and bear witness that we are Muslims (i.e. we submit to Allah)."

53 Our Lord! We believe in what You have sent down, and we follow the Messenger [('ősa (Jesus)]; so write us down among those who bear witness (to the truth i.e. La ilaha illallah - none has the right to be worshipped but Allah).

54 And they (disbelievers) plotted to kill 'ősa [(Jesus) عليه السلام], and Allah plotted too. And Allah is the Best of those who plot.

55 And (remember) when Allah said: "O 'ősa (Jesus)! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you [of the forged statement that 'ősa (Jesus) is Allah's son] of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (Monotheists, who worship none but Allah) superior to those who disbelieve [in the Oneness of Allah, or disbelieve in some of His Messengers, e.g. Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم, 'ősa (Jesus), Musa (Moses), etc., or in His Holy Books, e.g. the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Qur'an] till the Day of Resurrection . Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute."

56 "As to those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe torment in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers."

57 And as for those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah) and do righteous good deeds, Allah will pay them their reward in full. And Allah does not like the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers).

58 This is what We recite to you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) of the Verses and the Wise Reminder (i.e. the Qur'an).

59 Verily, the likeness of 'ősa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" - and he was.

60 (This is) the truth from your Lord, so be not of those who doubt.

61 Then whoever disputes with you concerning him ['ősa (Jesus)] after (all this) knowledge that has come to you [i.e. 'ősa (Jesus) being a slave of Allah, and having no share in Divinity], say: (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) "Come, let us call our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves - then we pray and invoke (sincerely) the Curse of Allah upon those who lie."

62 Verily! This is the true narrative [about the story of 'ősa (Jesus)], and La ilaha illallah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the One and the Only True God, Who has neither a wife nor a son). And indeed, Allah is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.

63 And if they turn away (and do not accept these true proofs and evidence), then surely, Allah is All-Aware of those who do mischief.

64 Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allah (Alone), and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allah . Then, if they turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are Muslims."

65 O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Why do you dispute about Ibrahim (Abraham), while the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) were not revealed till after him? Have you then no sense?

66 Verily, you are those who have disputed about that of which you have knowledge. Why do you then dispute concerning that of which you have no knowledge? It is Allah Who knows, and you know not.

67 Ibrahim (Abraham) was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was a true Muslim Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone) and he was not of Al-Mushrikun (See V.2:105) .

68 Verily, among mankind who have the best claim to Ibrahim (Abraham) are those who followed him, and this Prophet (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) and those who have believed (Muslims). And Allah is the Wali (Protector and Helper) of the believers.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
the "truth" about this idea of Jesus, is that it is just an idea. IF he existed he was only a man, and nothing more.

he was a prophet as Moses was a prophet

Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Some times he said harsh things, especially those who LIE, hurt children, murder the innocent . ........................he also had harsh words who would turn the temple into a Market to make profit.............that disqualifies many groups, and he said not to raise up hero's and STARS but each person should treat the other as a brother and sister.

a true prophet would not say some thing bad.

if you read or heard some thing bad then it is not from him.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,573,779 times
Quote:
Well then, you can relax! There's absolutely no evidence to prove that such a place as Hell exists. Therefore, you don't have to worry about being sent there, so you can believe whatever you want to. (And, hopefully, allow others to do the same!)

Old 07-27-2011, 08:54 AM

330 posts, read 498,863 times
Quote:
he was a prophet as Moses was a prophet
According to your idea...

Old 07-27-2011, 09:00 AM

330 posts, read 498,863 times
Quote:
i am a muslim

i believe that Allah is the only god
i believe that Muhammed is his messenger

prophet Muhammed peace and blessing of Allah be upon him told us about prophet Jesus peace be upon him.

if i do not believe that Jesus is a prophet that means i do not believe in Muhammed

About 20% of all humanity follows islam to any degree, and the other 80% does not. So you think that "allah" creates 6.5 billion humans and their souls, only to have 80% of them go to your "hell". Regardless of their behavior or what they have done in life, those 80% you think will wind up in your "hell". I submit to you, that your "allah" is a very ineficiant and ineffective diety and if judged on a purely academic scale 20% passing grade would get you kicked out of any educational institution. Your "allah" only letting 20% of humans have the possibility of not going to "hell" shows a complete failure. Your idea is very very exclusive.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:34 AM

767 posts, read 431,316 times
The truth about Jesus is, (though many refuse to believe this), he is a god, but NOT the Heavenly Father, he is the son. Many continually teach heís the father. These people are basically saying Jesus doesnít know what heís talking about. Theyíre basically sayingÖ MY ministers knows more that Jesus does. Yet they sayÖI serve my father Jesus Christ. That doesnít seem so true. Many tries to show scriptures of Jesus being the Father. NONE of them saves Jesus is the Father, it might say heís a god.
Thatís true,but so is satan being looked at as a god. Look at the many devil worshippers!

Yet Jesus never said he was the Father. Funny Iíve seen some try to say Jesus is the Father.yet the show men scriptures like..(Phil.2:5 ,26-Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God). And (1Cor.11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God).

it gets me, when someone shows me this, (trying to prove Jesus is the Father),1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Most understand Jesus is called the word. And many understand he is a god to many. I donít disagree with that. My problem is, (which many seem to ignore). Is the other part of verse oneÖĒand the Word was with GodĒ sad!

Jesus shows he isnít the Father, but HAS a FatherÖ(
John 14:31- But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence). And (Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father). There IS no trinty. If so,why didnít he mention this being in this scripture).

Again here shows thereís NO threesome,(Rev.5:1-8 , the Lamb is the ONLY one in Heaven who was worthy of taking the book out of the hand of the one seated on the throne). this is obviously Jesus, the one on the throne is the Father. These are all proof Jesus isnít the Father, even in Heaven! now!.. as for the trinity, Where is the H.S.?, why wasnít ďheĒ mentioned.

Hereís scriptures showing the Holy Spirit ISNíT a being by ONLY Jehovah God causing things to happen,,, (Acts 11:24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord). And (Acts 7:55,56- But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God).

Many misunderstands what Jesus means hereÖ(Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation). We canít speak against Godís actions, Again speaking against what he causes. the Holy Spirit/Ghost isnít a being, itís Godís active Force. itís what God causes to be! peace

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or