Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 05:59 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times

Advertisements

Good questions. I too would like to hear the answers. Thanks for the thoughtful question, claudhopper!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 07:13 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Good questions. I too would like to hear the answers. Thanks for the thoughtful question, claudhopper!
I also am glad for his questions. I'm also very pleased that RedRage an Ismaili has joined This gives a bit of a broader view as his answers reflect the thought from the Shi'ite sector.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 09-20-2012 at 08:16 PM..

Old 09-20-2012, 08:09 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I also am glad for his questions. I'm also very pleased that RedRage an Ismaili has joined This gives a bit of a froader view as his answers reflect the thought from the Shi'ite sector.
"her" questions. thank you gentlemen. Yes, I find this thread intriquing. It's a great opportunity for us all.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
"her" questions. thank you gentlemen. Yes, I find this thread intriquing. It's a great opportunity for us all.
Sincere questions are always welcome. I apologize for thinking RedRage was a He

Old 09-20-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Sincere questions are always welcome. I apologize for thinking RedRage was a He
oops, sorry
Hope somebody asks another question soon, before I get myself into more trouble. Ok, here's one.
Did you really read Pamela Geller's book? I just got it today.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
oops, sorry
Hope somebody asks another question soon, before I get myself into more trouble. Ok, here's one.
Did you really read Pamela Geller's book? I just got it today.
Actually just the reviews of it. Looks quite interesting.

I did skim through the book but did not fully read it. Hopefully I'll find time to read it all. I always at least try to look at opposing views from me. I believe that one should always at least glance at all sides and not look at only one opinion.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 PM

You do understand why we fear you, right?
We welcome you to assimilate, but not to dominate.

Comments on the following please:

CAIR Founder: “Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant”

The founder of the Council of American Islamic Relations (CAIR), Omar Ahmad, communicated that directive in 1998, in addressing a group of American Muslims. He added that “the Quran should be the highest authority in America and Islam the only accepted religion on earth”.

Since making that declaration, Islamic sharia law continues to spread throughout the Western world in areas such as the UK, Spain, Australia, Canada, France…and the United States.

For instance, according to Soeren Kern of Stonegate Institute, in France all of the slaughterhouses in Paris and surrounding areas now produce all of their meat in accordance with sharia law. In Italy, approximately 60% of all mosques are under the authority of the sharia advocating Muslim Brotherhood.

In Great Britain and Canada, sharia courts have been established. There are 85 in Great Britain. But, instead of ushering in an era of social cohesion that some had hoped for, it produced a counterculture at odds with Western values.
CAIR Founder:

Old 09-20-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
You do understand why we fear you, right?
We welcome you to assimilate, but not to dominate.

Comments on the following please:

CAIR Founder: “Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant”

The founder of the Council of American Islamic Relations (CAIR), Omar Ahmad, communicated that directive in 1998, in addressing a group of American Muslims. He added that “the Quran should be the highest authority in America and Islam the only accepted religion on earth”.

Since making that declaration, Islamic sharia law continues to spread throughout the Western world in areas such as the UK, Spain, Australia, Canada, France…and the United States.

For instance, according to Soeren Kern of Stonegate Institute, in France all of the slaughterhouses in Paris and surrounding areas now produce all of their meat in accordance with sharia law. In Italy, approximately 60% of all mosques are under the authority of the sharia advocating Muslim Brotherhood.

In Great Britain and Canada, sharia courts have been established. There are 85 in Great Britain. But, instead of ushering in an era of social cohesion that some had hoped for, it produced a counterculture at odds with Western values.
CAIR Founder:
I can understand why many fear us. Some of us seem to have no tact or ability to communicate what we actually mean. Also we do have our share of radicals. It is only a very small minority that would ever seek dominance through force. Although most of us believe that if a person actually understood Islam they would accept it. We do feel one day Islam will be dominate, but through personal choice not coercion. We believe that when Jesus(as) returns all people will accept Islam.

Sharia law is greatly misunderstood as the most common example people see is the wahhabbi concept of Sharia, which accounts for less than 5% of the world;s Muslim. for most of us Sharia can only apply to Muslims and is not to be used for non-Muslims. In the Hanafi madhab which is most common followed by Sunni in the USA, the criminal laws in the USA are acceptable to us we only have an issue with our civil laws not being recognized in affairs involving only Muslims and not violating any criminal laws..It causes problems with us in areas such as Marriage, adoption, inheritance and banking. for example we are forbidden to either pay or charge interest. You can only imagine the problems that arise when trying to buy a house or car. However a few banks are now offering Lariba(Interest free) loans.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
I can understand why many fear us. Some of us seem to have no tact or ability to communicate what we actually mean. Also we do have our share of radicals. It is only a very small minority that would ever seek dominance through force. Although most of us believe that if a person actually understood Islam they would accept it. We do feel one day Islam will be dominate, but through personal choice not coercion. We believe that when Jesus(as) returns all people will accept Islam.

Sharia law is greatly misunderstood as the most common example people see is the wahhabbi concept of Sharia, which accounts for less than 5% of the world;s Muslim. for most of us Sharia can only apply to Muslims and is not to be used for non-Muslims. In the Hanafi madhab which is most common followed by Sunni in the USA, the criminal laws in the USA are acceptable to us we only have an issue with our civil laws not being recognized in affairs involving only Muslims and not violating any criminal laws..It causes problems with us in areas such as Marriage, adoption, inheritance and banking. for example we are forbidden to either pay or charge interest. You can only imagine the problems that arise when trying to buy a house or car. However a few banks are now offering Lariba(Interest free) loans.
I see. Well then the solution is for you to adapt, or do your thing amongst eachother, within your community rather than involving our gov't, local or federal. In other words, by contract. Wouldn't that make everybody happy?

Old 09-20-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
I see. Well then the solution is for you to adapt, or do your thing amongst eachother, within your community rather than involving our gov't, local or federal. In other words, by contract. Wouldn't that make everybody happy?
that is what most of us want to do. However in most areas there are no Islamic communities. Also many of us are born Americans with family roots going back many generations.. I would not fit in a new generation Islamic community as my culture Is apple pie American.

Very few Muslims in the US are Arabic or Mideastern. Most who are, are recent immigrants as most of the older Arab communities in the USA are predominately Christian, not Muslim. My wife is Native American, Cheyenne. Probably more American than most Americans of European ancestry.. Many Native Americans in the midwestern states are Muslim. Islam has been in the Americas since the 1500s. We are not new here. Some have Family trees in America dating back to before the Revolutionary war.

On a personal basis I have no desire to convert anybody and feel that if a person converted because of anything I say, it would be for the wrong reason. I only want things recognized, no changes to the law just recognition of Islamic civil law as Jewish and several other religious civil laws are recognized.

As for halal meat in the stores, that is a marketing thing by the meat producers to get their share of the Islamic market. We can only eat meat that is Halal or Jewish Kosher if Halal is not available. Nearly every other food is halal. unless it contains meat or alcohol. Most foods are naturally halal and require no Muslim involvement to be sold as halal. some store brands are starting to place halal lavels in hopes of getting the Islamic market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam