U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 02:19 AM

439 posts, read 482,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
The Qur'an is based on the Bible.

I'd be interested to see these 'eye-witness reports'. Do you have links?

Verily, We have sent the revelation to you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) as We sent the revelation to Nuh (Noah) and the Prophets after him; We (also) sent the revelation to Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob), and Al-Asbat [the offspring of the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)], 'Īsa (Jesus), Ayyub (Job), Yunus (Jonah), Harun (Aaron), and Sulaiman (Solomon); and to Dawud (David) We gave the Zabur (Psalms).

It is He Who has sent down the Book (the Qur'an) to you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) with truth, confirming what came before it. And He sent down the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel),

Quote:
.I'd be interested to see these 'eye-witness reports'. Do you have links?

Jesus (p) in Hadith and Muslim Traditions

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 03:43 PM

Narrated Ibn Abbas:
The Prophet said,
"You will be gathered (on the Day of Judgment), bare-footed, naked and not circumcised.
" He then recited:--

'As We began the first creation, We, shall repeat it: A Promise We have undertaken: Truly we shall do it.' (21.104)

He added, "The first to be dressed on the Day of Resurrection, will be Abraham, and some of my companions will be taken towards the left side (i.e. to the (Hell) Fire), and I will say:

'My companions! My companions!'

It will be said: 'They renegade from Islam after you left them.'

Then I will say as the Pious slave of Allah (i.e. jesus) said.

'And I was a witness Over them while I dwelt amongst them. When You took me up You were the Watcher over them, And You are a witness to all things. If You punish them. They are Your slaves And if You forgive them, Verily you, only You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise." (5.120-121) (Book #55, Hadith #568)

Old 08-16-2011, 11:57 PM

15,310 posts, read 10,341,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
Ah! So your 'eye witnesses' are the same as the Christian 'eye-witnesses'....i.e. they can only be found in the Qur'an and other scriptures.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Ah! So your 'eye witnesses' are the same as the Christian 'eye-witnesses'....i.e. they can only be found in the Qur'an and other scriptures.
there are some facts about jesus that are not in the Quran and not in the Hadith

and the source of it is the history

the normal history that told us about

Nero
Salah al-Din
Richard the Lionheart
Julius Caesar
and all famous people

are they all fairy tales

here are some facts about jesus that are from the arabic history books.

Ka'b al-Akhbar said:
Jesus, son of Mary, was a ruddy man, inclined to white; he did not have long hair and he never annointed his head. Jesus used to walk barefoot, and he took no house or adornment, or goods, or clothes, or provision except his day's food. Wherever the sun set, he arranged his feet in prayer till the morning came. He was curing the blind from birth and the leper and raising the dead by Allah's permission and was telling his people what they were eating in their houses and what they were storing up for the morrow, and he was walking on the surface of the water in the sea. His head was dishevelled and his face was small; he was an ascetic in the world, longing for the next world and eager for the worship of Allah. He was a pilgrim in the earth till the Jews sought him and desired to kill him. Then Allah raised him up to heaven; and Allah knows best.
Malik, son of Dinar, said:
Jesus (pbuh) and the disciples with him passed by the carcass of a dog. A disciple said, "What a stench this dog makes!" The he (pbuh) said, "How white are its teeth!"

In a tradition (it is said) that Jesus (pbuh), son of Mary, met a man and said to him, "What are you doing?" He replied, "I am devoting myself to God." He said, "Who is giving you what you need?" He said, "My brother." (Jesus) said, "He is more devoted to Allah than you."

Jesus (pbuh) said, "He who seeks after the world is like one who drinks sea water; the more he drinks, the more his thirst increases, until it kills him."

Old 08-18-2011, 08:00 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,529,289 times
Quote:
the normal history that told us about

Nero
Salah al-Din
Richard the Lionheart
Julius Caesar
and all famous people

are they all fairy tales

See, it turns out that communication is a good thing, after all. So all the other histories are wrong, but Arabic history has got it right. No wonder everyone else is always arguing with you. It must be difficult to look down at all of us from your position of correctness.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:48 AM

15,310 posts, read 10,341,228 times
Quote:

They are not 'facts'. They are beliefs.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
They are not 'facts'. They are beliefs.
and those

are they facts or beliefs

they are all from history

Charlemagne
Nero
Salah al-Din
Richard the Lionheart
Julius Caesar

Old 11-05-2014, 09:33 AM

1,883 posts, read 1,651,915 times
Jesus in the Quran

Jesus in the Quran The Message Film YouTube - YouTube

Old 11-05-2014, 09:38 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,083,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Jesus in the Koran is probably the best extra-biblical evidence for his existence. People who deny the historicity of Christ have Muslims to contend with.
Absolutly incorrect.

The jesus in the Qur'an is different than the jesus in the bible, and considering it was written 800 years after Jesus, with zero documentation in anything Arabic, there is no connection other than plagiarizing.

It is not proof of anything, in fact the lack of previous documentation proves only the misrepresentation of islam.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:41 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,083,347 times
I also want to point out, Mecca was uninhabited in the time of jesus.
That would not happen until the 4th century, and the people were totally illiterate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or