Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 08:07 PM

330 posts, read 599,050 times

Advertisements

Why do evangelicals, and muslims, and others try to "save" me when i say no? What is it with these people who think they know BETTER THAN ME, about my soul. Why must they push their ideas after they are told NO?

Some people truly need to learn respect! If I am out and doing things, don't come to my car window and hand me literature, dont bother me on street corners, dont call me on the phone (yes the jews for jesus cult did call me!) - learn to live and let live

Now keep in mind I am a poster on this board, so if I make a thread, or answer a thread yes I expect debate, so of course i understand it here, but out in the real world? Please get out of my face, IF I WAS INTERESTED IN YOUR THING I WOULD COME TO YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 08:12 PM

992 posts, read 2,372,457 times
I really wish I knew the answer to your question. I'm at the point that it's so in my face these days, that I'm just going to step out of my "nice bubble" and ask WHY THEY feel like I need to be "saved". I really do want to know, but I also want to tell them to mind their business!

Old 08-13-2011, 08:37 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
i can not speak for all Muslims, just myself. I am not a very compassionate person I guess. I really don't give a rats-Patootie if a person refuses to accept Islam. That is their own choice. My obligation ends with letting people know I am Muslim, express my views as to what I understand Islam to be and make myself available to answer questions.

It is all about free choice, as long as a person decides based upon their own diligent searching, who cares what their choice is. They know what the results of their choices are and I support their right to choose as they desire.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 08-13-2011 at 08:49 PM..

Old 08-13-2011, 09:03 PM

992 posts, read 2,372,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
i can not speak for all Muslims, just myself. I am not a very compassionate person I guess. I really don't give a rats-Patootie if a person refuses to accept Islam. That is their own choice. My obligation ends with letting people know I am Muslim, express my views as to what I understand Islam to be and make myself available to answer questions.

It is all about free choice, as long as a person decides based upon their own diligent searching, who cares what their choice is. They know what the results of their choices are and I support their right to choose as they desire.
As it should be...
Others, sadly, do not feel the same.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:09 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
The definitive answer: They do not believe in God or His power. They think God is impotent and needs humans to get others to believe in Him, worship Him, and believe myriad nonsense. In the Evangelical case . . . they ignore the fact that God does the calling. In the radical Muslim case . . . they believe they must enforce Allah's will on everybody or kill them.

Neither category has the vaguest idea what our God is truly all about. They retain the savage ignorance of our primitive ancestors and refuse to educate themselves. They fear a vengeful jealous and wrathful God who is more concerned with what they profess to believe than in following His commands to "love God and each other." They see deliberate ignorance of our scientific knowledge and scholarship as a sign of their faith in defense of their superstitions and magic.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:20 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times
Just quote John 6:44 to them and tell them god has not whispered in your ear yet.

No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:03 AM

334 posts, read 486,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
Why do evangelicals, and muslims, and others try to "save" me when i say no? What is it with these people who think they know BETTER THAN ME, about my soul. Why must they push their ideas after they are told NO?

Some people truly need to learn respect! If I am out and doing things, don't come to my car window and hand me literature, dont bother me on street corners, dont call me on the phone (yes the jews for jesus cult did call me!) - learn to live and let live

Now keep in mind I am a poster on this board, so if I make a thread, or answer a thread yes I expect debate, so of course i understand it here, but out in the real world? Please get out of my face, IF I WAS INTERESTED IN YOUR THING I WOULD COME TO YOU.
what are your beliefs

Old 08-14-2011, 05:38 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:

I feel the same way about replacement windows, a new roof and home delivery of the local paper, among other things.
I view all of these intrusions the same way.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:56 AM

439 posts, read 556,098 times
Quote:

when some one wants to jump out of a building

and he feels that he is doing right thing

then you will find that there are good people
very good people

the best people

try to save him.

You [true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) and his Sunnah] are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allah . And had the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) believed, it would have been better for them; among them are some who have faith, but most of them are Al-Fasiqun (disobedient to Allah - and rebellious against Allah's Command).

another translation

Ye are the best community that hath been raised up for mankind. Ye enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency; and ye believe in Allah. And if the People of the Scripture had believed it had been better for them. Some of them are believers; but most of them are evil-livers.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:57 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
when some one wants to jump out of a building

and he feels that he is doing right thing

then you will find that there are good people
very good people

the best people

try to save him.

You [true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) and his Sunnah] are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allah . And had the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) believed, it would have been better for them; among them are some who have faith, but most of them are Al-Fasiqun (disobedient to Allah - and rebellious against Allah's Command).

another translation

Ye are the best community that hath been raised up for mankind. Ye enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency; and ye believe in Allah. And if the People of the Scripture had believed it had been better for them. Some of them are believers; but most of them are evil-livers.
From reading both translations, it appears that a more current translation would be:

Quote:
You [Muhammadist Muslims] are the best community that has been raised up for mankind. You enjoin the right conduct and forbid indecency; and you believe in God. And if the People of the Scripture had believed [me], it would have been better for them. Some of them are believers; but most of them are evil-doers.
about the "good people are evangelical" metaphor,

What if the man actually wanted to die, because he had agressive cancer that hurt alot and was incureable?

Or what if he was testing out his Jetpack, which was running out of fuel fast, and needed him to jump for it to get enough energy in time to not be ruined.

I mean, we really need to think about the implications of things. It might be good that you want him to live, but what if you want him to live like you? Is that good? or is it merely selfish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam