Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:50 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
when some one wants to jump out of a building

and he feels that he is doing right thing

then you will find that there are good people
very good people

the best people

try to save him.

The only time I would jump out of a building would be if it was on fire, possibly because of some "very good people" flying a plane into it or setting off a bomb in or next it.

Sorry, but "the best people" are those who have saved themselves from the poison that is organized religion. Islam and Christianity being the two most toxic of such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 03:18 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
Why do evangelicals, and muslims, and others try to "save" me when i say no? What is it with these people who think they know BETTER THAN ME, about my soul. Why must they push their ideas after they are told NO?

Some people truly need to learn respect! If I am out and doing things, don't come to my car window and hand me literature, dont bother me on street corners, dont call me on the phone (yes the jews for jesus cult did call me!) - learn to live and let live

Now keep in mind I am a poster on this board, so if I make a thread, or answer a thread yes I expect debate, so of course i understand it here, but out in the real world? Please get out of my face, IF I WAS INTERESTED IN YOUR THING I WOULD COME TO YOU.
First of all, evangelicals, Muslims, etc, can't save you, try as they might. Only the grace of the Almighty God has the ability to do that. And if He gets in your face, well, I'll let you handle that. How often do you get these kind of phone calls? I'd put myself on the "Do Not Call" list, if they become a problem.

I have NO problem saying no to flyers, literature, roses from Hari Krishna's etc, kindly, but firmly. How often does this happen in a week to you? I'd guess not very much.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:25 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
i can not speak for all Muslims, just myself. I am not a very compassionate person I guess. I really don't give a rats-Patootie if a person refuses to accept Islam. That is their own choice. My obligation ends with letting people know I am Muslim, express my views as to what I understand Islam to be and make myself available to answer questions.

It is all about free choice, as long as a person decides based upon their own diligent searching, who cares what their choice is. They know what the results of their choices are and I support their right to choose as they desire.
Excellent point. However, atheists don't believe in the principle of "live and let live," as you can see by the posts in the A/A support group. They won't be happy until they've denegrated and degraded every religion with impunity, obviously to bolster their own shaky faith in the non-existence of God. As for the posts you've posted there and here, Woodrow, I'd say you've been very compassionate and respectful, and while I don't agree with you faith-wise, I've never been offended by what you've posted.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:42 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
Excellent point. However, atheists don't believe in the principle of "live and let live," as you can see by the posts in the A/A support group. They won't be happy until they've denegrated and degraded every religion with impunity, obviously to bolster their own shaky faith in the non-existence of God. As for the posts you've posted there and here, Woodrow, I'd say you've been very compassionate and respectful, and while I don't agree with you faith-wise, I've never been offended by what you've posted.
thank you kiggy.

Like most people I do believe my faith is the path to heaven, but at the same time I respect a person's right to make their own choices. It is immoral to try to force one's belief upon someone who has no desire to hear about it.

Besides a person's actions towards others will tell more than words can. A person's action are a reflection of what they truly believe, words often are what they want another person to believe.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:11 PM

330 posts, read 599,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
when some one wants to jump out of a building

and he feels that he is doing right thing

then you will find that there are good people
very good people

the best people

try to save him.

You [true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) and his Sunnah] are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allah . And had the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) believed, it would have been better for them; among them are some who have faith, but most of them are Al-Fasiqun (disobedient to Allah - and rebellious against Allah's Command).

another translation

Ye are the best community that hath been raised up for mankind. Ye enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency; and ye believe in Allah. And if the People of the Scripture had believed it had been better for them. Some of them are believers; but most of them are evil-livers.

And you just dont get my message... if your "allah" wishes me to follow what you wish to follow then "allah" will come and tell me. In the mean time, I have no need to be saved by islam.

Last edited by june 7th; 08-16-2011 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: Please refrain from using red as it is reserved for mod cuts. Any other color is fine.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:21 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
And you just dont get my message... if your "allah" wishes me to follow what you wish to follow then "allah" will come and tell me. In the mean time, I have no need to be saved by islam.
That is very true. We do believe that Allaah(swt) will lead those He chooses to lead. the question is how will he do so.

For myself up until the moment I accepted Islam, I sincerely believed I would never be a Muslim.

Last edited by june 7th; 08-16-2011 at 09:53 AM..

Old 08-14-2011, 09:48 PM

439 posts, read 556,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
The only time I would jump out of a building would be if it was on fire, .

this is only one reason .

there are people who faces very hard situation and they do not know how to deal with it because they lack the experience and the knowledge and they become captured by dangerous Illusions and the devil take advantage of that and he control thier brain and make them kill thier self.

here come the part of the good people to help them and save them.

the prophet Muhammed peace and blessing of Allah be upon him said

“A believer is a mirror to his brother. A believer is a brother of a believer: he protects him against any danger and guards him from behind.”

Old 08-14-2011, 09:57 PM

439 posts, read 556,316 times
Quote:
In the mean time, I have no need to be saved by islam.
Whoever goes right, then he goes right only for the benefit of his ownself. And whoever goes astray, then he goes astray to his own loss. No one laden with burdens can bear another's burden. And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).

Last edited by june 7th; 08-16-2011 at 09:54 AM..

Old 08-15-2011, 02:59 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
such is a false claim. it would be hard for atheist to have any dogmas that they would all agree with. there are plenty of atheists that are "live and let live" you just don't ever hear about them or from them; there are probably plenty of secrete atheists within your very family. those are the type of atheists and agnostics that are "live and let live" they'll just lie to you in order to "let you live your life"
Good post. Ah, what he hey..let's rep you..ahh! Can't yet....never mind. An imaginary medal is in the post. Atheists agree on only one thing - not having a god - belief. Apart from that they can all have totally different ideas about everything else.

While 'live and let live' is a fine call to tolerance, there is an element (as the thread title suggests) of the unbeliever happily going about their business and having someone come and try to convert them to some religion or other.

That is quite apart from the social stranglehold that religion has on our society and apart from the fact that it is just wrong to believe things that are not true.

One poster talked of saving people from walking out of top story windows. My metaphor would be of someone wading into a lake of sewage and eagerly shouting to everyone else 'Come on in! The water's lovely!'

Not only do we find ourselves pushed into doing it, it is logically, socially and morally necessary that we do it.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:42 AM

330 posts, read 599,230 times
As for islam, It has two "truths" as far as I am concerned... the first is 9/11 - the second is the complete lack of a serious muslim apology or large scale condemnation of terrorism both here in the usa and the world. I see the double standard of wanting a mosque 2 blocks from the site of that muslim attack that killed 3000 innocents but never a demand by muslims to demand freedom of religion in Saudi Arabia and build a church, or temple, or anything in that same spirit of "tolerance" demanded. So if I say no to a person preaching islam to me, walk away and have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam