Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 10:02 AM

3,835 posts, read 4,443,155 times

Advertisements

A little info: I was raised christian and still am...after having been brought up in the church as a child, I slipped and stopped going once I left the house and went to college...after several years of wild living at clubs, bars and parties, I finally decided to clean my life up, and started attending church again.

My first Sunday at service, I'm seated next to a lady who has easily double D sized breasts...in a low cut tight top...she turns to me to pass the offering plate, being a guy, I can't help but glance at her twins...she sees me look and smiles, and it becomes obvious that she enjoys that type of attention from men, after all, why would she wear such revealing an outfit?
The lady sitting in front of me is wearing the low cut jeans with a thong, and how shall I put it, she has a real nice butt...I find myself staring at it whenever she stands up to sing or pray...and that's just two out of several women I see at the service wearing all manner of revealing outfits...AT CHURCH!!!

Now I know I'll get bashed for saying this as a typical horny male, but being surrounded by all this flesh is just too distracting. I find myself not at all focused on the word being preached...in the end, I have to say that this particular church feels no different than being at a club in this respect. And I KNOW that I couldnt have been the only male in that church who had these thoughts running through my head being around the women.

The muslims require their women to wear body covering outfits from head to toe. They were simply practical about it, they KNOW that men's eyes will wander if their women walk around half naked, so they restrict this so that the men are not tempted to do something they shouldnt be doing.

Now I'm by no means an advocate for Islam, as they do have their own set of problems (and that's putting it mildly) but am I the only one who feels like they got this one right? can it be a coincidence that STDs, children born out of wedlock and premarital sex are FAR lower in islamic countries compared to here in the US? I know the women will bash me for this, and I know that in reality this will NEVER happen in the US, but I really think that this is something to ponder. And women, before you complain, think about the numerous times when you feel like you are objectified as sex objects, degraded, treated like a piece of meat, etc, and ask yourselves if this is not a BIG part of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 10:34 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
A little info: I was raised christian and still am...after having been brought up in the church as a child, I slipped and stopped going once I left the house and went to college...after several years of wild living at clubs, bars and parties, I finally decided to clean my life up, and started attending church again.

My first Sunday at service, I'm seated next to a lady who has easily double D sized breasts...in a low cut tight top...she turns to me to pass the offering plate, being a guy, I can't help but glance at her twins...she sees me look and smiles, and it becomes obvious that she enjoys that type of attention from men, after all, why would she wear such revealing an outfit?
The lady sitting in front of me is wearing the low cut jeans with a thong, and how shall I put it, she has a real nice butt...I find myself staring at it whenever she stands up to sing or pray...and that's just two out of several women I see at the service wearing all manner of revealing outfits...AT CHURCH!!!

Now I know I'll get bashed for saying this as a typical horny male, but being surrounded by all this flesh is just too distracting. I find myself not at all focused on the word being preached...in the end, I have to say that this particular church feels no different than being at a club in this respect. And I KNOW that I couldnt have been the only male in that church who had these thoughts running through my head being around the women.

The muslims require their women to wear body covering outfits from head to toe. They were simply practical about it, they KNOW that men's eyes will wander if their women walk around half naked, so they restrict this so that the men are not tempted to do something they shouldnt be doing.

Now I'm by no means an advocate for Islam, as they do have their own set of problems (and that's putting it mildly) but am I the only one who feels like they got this one right? can it be a coincidence that STDs, children born out of wedlock and premarital sex are FAR lower in islamic countries compared to here in the US? I know the women will bash me for this, and I know that in reality this will NEVER happen in the US, but I really think that this is something to ponder. And women, before you complain, think about the numerous times when you feel like you are objectified as sex objects, degraded, treated like a piece of meat, etc, and ask yourselves if this is not a BIG part of the problem.
Until about the late 1800s and early 1900s the Christian dress code for women was nearly identical to that of Islam.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:40 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:

I think that's a very good point and I agree with your suggestion of body covering.

You should wear a hood over your face with eyeslits so you can just see where you are are going and no more than that.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:42 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:

Now I'm by no means an advocate for Islam, as they do have their own set of problems (and that's putting it mildly) but am I the only one who feels like they got this one right?
Apart from Muslims..yeah, you probably are!

Old 08-22-2011, 10:45 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I think that's a very good point and I agree with your suggestion of body covering.

You should wear a hood over your face with eyeslits so you can just see where you are are going and no more than that.
Not even that brother. The dude should be led around blindfolded as he's obviously incapable of controlling his sexual urges when he sees female flesh. He's not safe be let out alone.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:10 PM

330 posts, read 599,230 times
poster you are a freak! But maybe you can go to a church that has better dressing standards. And no western woman EVER wore a burkah

Old 08-22-2011, 12:35 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,443,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
poster you are a freak! But maybe you can go to a church that has better dressing standards. And no western woman EVER wore a burkah

hey I'm not blind!!!! a beautiful lady is a beautiful lady, especially when she's barely dressed, I'm going to notice it. OF COURSE, I know that this would NEVER happen here in the west...I was speaking more from a theoretical standpoint...did the muslims have the best idea? I'm not muslim but from what I've heard they make their women dress this way precisely because they did not want their men lusting after the women. It's also important because according to the bible, "if you think it, then you've sinned"...so by checking out that hot girl in the booty shorts in aisle 10, you are sinning...and how exactly is a straight man supposed to make it if he has to see that everywhere, even in church?

Old 08-22-2011, 12:41 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
I think it's all about not taking things to extremes. I believe you are correct in that our culture in America and the West has become too sexualized, which has led to the problems of out of wedlock births, STDs, women being objectified, etc.

However, going to the opposite extreme, as the Muslims do, is also unhealthy.

In short, "anything goes" is not ok. But neither is extreme repression. When will humans get the balance right?

Old 08-22-2011, 12:56 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
Outside of the Arab nations most Muslim women have never worn a burkah.It is an Arab culture thing not an Islamic law. Any hair covering will satisfy the Islamic rule.

This is your more typical Muslim female.

The Burka is seldom seen outside of Iran and Saudi and the UAE, Although it seems to be gaining in popularity in the Western Nations especially among young converts to Islam.

I have never seen a woman wearing one in the 3 nations with the largest Muslim populations Indonesia, Pakistan and India.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:25 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Outside of the Arab nations most Muslim women have never worn a burkah.It is an Arab culture thing not an Islamic law. Any hair covering will satisfy the Islamic rule.

This is your more typical Muslim female.

The Burka is seldom seen outside of Iran and Saudi and the UAE, Although it seems to be gaining in popularity in the Western Nations especially among young converts to Islam.

I have never seen a woman wearing one in the 3 nations with the largest Muslim populations Indonesia, Pakistan and India.
Our courts and the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission must be uninformed because they've considered wearing the burkah a religious practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam