U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:06 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,730,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
It is clearly stated, The God of the Koran hates all CHRISTIANS and JEWS.
Quote:
Do you think I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division; for henceforth in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three; they will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. (Luke 12:51-53)
New Testiment Jesus doesn't sound so nice after all!

Quote:
If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26)
So you have to hate your family to be a Christian?

Quote:
...a Canaanite woman ...came out and cried, "Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely possessed by a demon. But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, "Send her away, for she is crying after us." He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." But she came and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, help me." And he answered, "It is not fair to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs." (Matthew 15:23)

That doesn't sound like Jesus loved the Canaanites too awful much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 11:50 PM

30,883 posts, read 31,776,624 times
Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion - several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven.
Mark Twain

“This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it”....John Adams.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:14 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,427,230 times
Quote:
They are not liking you because the Koran is lying to them about you. It is telling them that you are scum that can't be trusted, The books of Islam illustrates Muhammad killing 1000's of Jews, and enslaving the women and children. I haven't been spewing hatred towards anybody. My only agenda is to expose Muhammad and his teachings for what they are.
You know Jews have been hated by many folks, not just Muslims. We have lived with it since the inception of Christianity. We have died because of Christianity.

The hatred of Jews did not start with Islam.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
God has fought against evil in the past in ruthless ways. The NT changes all that. The OT was what it was, the NT is what it is.
Then the Christians in history did not read or listen because there has been an awful lot of killing in the name of Christianity.

The history of the Christian church was full of genocide and hatred of the other.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:48 AM

4,390 posts, read 4,221,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
New Testiment Jesus doesn't sound so nice after all!

So you have to hate your family to be a Christian?

That doesn't sound like Jesus loved the Canaanites too awful much.
Although many Christians do use the bible to try and justify going to war and killing people by twisting and taking verses out of context, I asure you Jesus was all about peace.
For example the first one you quote about dividing family members father against son....
is because of the radical call for love and peace of God will divide families , which is why at the link below this Jewish girl if you listen she says how she has become divided and cutoff from her father and many close relationships she has. She has even been thrown into jail.
This young lady is doing what Jesus said; Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. This young Jewish girl puts many so called Christians to shame.

Father, forgive me, I will not fight for your Israel (PL subs) - YouTube

Old 09-13-2011, 09:57 AM

4,609 posts, read 4,115,423 times
Quote:
Why doesn't Israel speak out against the Koran's teachings about how Jews are to burn in Hell, and how' in the Koran Muhammad committed genocide, murder, and rape against the Jews, and are referred to as dogs and pigs that can't be trusted and mustn't be friends with?
Heck, if Israel did this, the Muslims would just point out that Jews also committed genocide, murder, and rape against other people.

Read chapter 31 in the Book of Numbers for more details.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Why doesn't Israel speak out against the Koran's teachings about how Jews are to burn in Hell, and how' in the Koran Muhammad committed genocide, murder, and rape against the Jews, and are referred to as dogs and pigs that can't be trusted and mustn't be friends with?

As a Christian don't you believe all non Christians are going to go to hell?

Old 09-13-2011, 10:15 AM

591 posts, read 561,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Heck, if Israel did this, the Muslims would just point out that Jews also committed genocide, murder, and rape against other people.

That's why I keep pointing out that the God of the Bible went after what was truly evil. God hates sin and evil. The "God" of the Koran goes after Christians and Jews. It SPECIFICALLY calls out Jews and Christians as the infidels that must be erraticated and oppressed. It sanctions the genocide of all Jews.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:37 AM

591 posts, read 561,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post

The OT also sanctions the deaths of false prophets who steer people away from God, idolitry, people that shower love on open evil...etc..So technically, the OT sanctions the ruthless deaths to all of Islam. I would hope they stood up and faught against the Koran and Muhammad peacefully before they decide to go OT on them. I think that is what God truly wants from them, having taken the NT to influence. I believe fighting with words is what he wants, but no one in Israel is preaching out against it as of yet. At least not as far as I've seen. I can't tell what is influencing the Israelites.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
That's why I keep pointing out that the God of the Bible went after what was truly evil. God hates sin and evil. The "God" of the Koran goes after Christians and Jews. It SPECIFICALLY calls out Jews and Christians as the infidels that must be erraticated and oppressed. It sanctions the genocide of all Jews.

Ok speaking as one who does not believe in a literal interpretation of the Hebrew Bible. I will say here that it is debatable that the wholesale genocide happened as it is written about. I will also say that aggression of the Bible is not to get rid of sin and evil but to settle in the land and to do that the folks who lived there were in the way.

It is a pattern of what has happened historically through out history. A new people migrates and those already there fight off the invaders.

It is the history of the United States when the Europeans settled this land and the Native Americans were massacred, exiled and put on reservations.

It happened in Australia to the Aborigine, and it happened in the middle east all through history.

The Bible is not a history book.
The Qur'an is simply a revelation and I believe it has much of what Muhammad thought and his attitudes about Jews and Christians. It also over time changes as his relationships with these groups did not go the way he wanted.

He expected the Jews and Christians to become part of Islam and to accept him, when they didn't he changed the direction of prayer from Jerusalem to Mecca and at that time he becomes much more negative towards Christians and Jews.

You need to understand the context of these writings and what was happening when they were revealed. One can not ever just take a sentence or 2 and really understand why and what it means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam