U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 07:04 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,426,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Jazzy, if you were a Muslim living in the Gaza Strip or in the West Bank area, would you feel there was hatred toward you coming from the Jews in Israel?

There is hatred on both sides, that is what happens when there is a state of war and aggression.

But I don't think the Jews in Israel have the same venom the extremists have. I also think if they felt they had a peace partner there would be peace.

Its not the Jews lobbing rockets into civilian areas, and yes Israel responds to those attacks and they have every right to.

I think much of the behavior of Israel towards the Palestinians comes from the endless terror attacks they have lived with for 63 years.

I would also add that there are Palestinians living in Israel as full citizens, I expect that Jews would never be allowed to live in the West Bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 07:04 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Jazzy, if you were a Muslim living in the Gaza Strip or in the West Bank area, would you feel there was hatred toward you coming from the Jews in Israel?
Or even better a Jew living in Gaza. There are Palestinian Jews living in Gaza, not as many as there used to be. But about 10% of Gaza is Palestinian Jew.

It is a difficult issue. sadly the result isgood people all around learn to hate when they feel they are being attacked or imprisoned.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Or even better a Jew living in Gaza. There are Palestinian Jews living in Gaza, not as many as there used to be. But about 10% of Gaza is Palestinian Jew.
You need to show a link for that information. I find it hard to believe any Jews are allowed to live in Gaza and I know Israel pulled out all its citizens years ago when they left Gaza.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
You need to show a link for that information. I find it hard to believe any Jews are allowed to live in Gaza and I know Israel pulled out all its citizens years ago when they left Gaza.
My error. the latest stats Show zero Jews in Gaza and 9,4% in the West Bank.

LINK

I was still thinking back in the 1980s

Quote:
The initial settlements were established by the Labor government in the early 1970s. The first was Kfar Darom, which was originally established in 1946, and reformed in 1970. In 1981, as part of a peace treaty with Egypt, the last settlements of the Sinai were destroyed, and some Jews moved to the Gaza area. Israeli settlers reside in 18 percent of the 363 square kilometer area. They are sparsely settled in the area as compared to the density of the Palestinian regions in the Gaza Strip.
There are twenty-one settlements in Gaza. The most populated Gush Katif area contains some thirty synagogues plus Yeshivat Torat Hachim with 200 students, the Hesder Yeshiva with 150 students, the Mechina in Atzmona with 200 students, Yeshivot in Netzarim and Kfar Darom, 6 Kollelim, a Medrasha for girls in Neve Dekalim and more. All of the settlements have their own schools, seminaries, stores, and doctors.
The largest group of settlements is the Katif bloc, located along the southern Gaza coastline. These settlements block access to the coast from the major Palestinian cities of Khan Yunis and Rafah and cement Israeli control on the Egypt-Gaza border. Another group of settlements (comprising Elei Sinai, Dugit, and Nisanit) are located along Gaza's northern border with Israel, expanding the Israeli presence from the city of Ashkelon (inside Israel) to the edges of Gaza City (the Erez Industrial zone is part of this bloc). Netzarim, Kfar Darom, and Morag are strategically located in the heart of the Gaza Strip (along a north-south axis), creating a framework for Israeli control of the area and its main transportation route, and facilitating Israel's ability to divide the Gaza Strip into separate areas and isolate each area's inhabitants. In addition, the settlements control prime agricultural land, some of the area's main aquifers, and approximately one-third of the total Gaza coastline.
The Gaza settlements range from religious communities (Atzmona, Bedolah, Gadid, Ganei Tal, Gan Or, Katif, Kfar Darom, Morag, Netzarim, Netzer Hazani, and Neve Dekalim) to non-religious communities (Dugit, Elei Sinai, Kfar Yam), to mixed communities (Nisanit, Pe'at Sade, and Rafiah Yam). Their economies are generally based on agriculture (with many classified as “moshavim” or cooperative agricultural villages), with some local industry (Neve Dekalim and Katif) and tourist facilities (Dugit, Katif bloc). One settlement, Gadid, has a large French population and maintains an absorption center for new immigrants from France. The isolated location of the Gush Katif bloc attracts some of the most ideologically-motivated members of the Gaza settlement community. Residents of the northern bloc (Elei Sinai, Nisanit, and Dugit) are physically separated from the rest of the Gaza settlers (to reach the other settlements they must travel into Israel, then re-enter Gaza, through another entrance point) and their social and economic lives are more closely linked to Israel than other settlers, with many of the residents working and studying inside Israel.
Jews and Muslims coexisted for more than a decade but tension rose, and in 1987, a Jewish shopper in a Gazan market was stabbed to death. The next day an Israeli truck accidentally killed four Arabs, sparking the first riots of what would become the first intifada. A brief period of calm followed the Oslo agreements as Israel agreed to withdraw from parts of the Gaza Strip. Ultimately, the Palestinian Authority assumed control over about 80 percent of the area, but an escalation of violence, especially after September 2000, led Israel to impose stricter measures on Palestinians in the area, and to engage in frequent military operations to prevent terrorist attacks against soldiers and Jews living in the Gaza settlements as well as infiltrations to attack targets inside Israel.
On August 17, 2005, Israel began to evacuate all the Jews from Gaza. It was expected to take several weeks, but took less than one. Israel and the Palestinians agreed the buildings would be razed and the army began that process after the residents left.
A total of 1,700 families were uprooted at a cost of nearly $900 million. This includes 166 Israeli farmers who produce $120 million in flowers and produce. Approximately 15 percent of Israel's agricultural exports originate in Gaza, including 60 percent of its cherry tomato and herb exports. Israel will also lose 70 percent of all its organic produce, which also is grown in Gaza.
The Israeli Supreme Court was to decide on the fate of the 38synagogues, but most, if not all, will be dismantled. In addition, 48 bodies, including some victims of terror attacks, are being relocated from the cemetery outside Neve Dekalim to Israel. A total of 42 daycare centers, 36 kindergartens, seven elementary schools, and three high schools will be closed. It will cost approximately $500 million to relocate military bases outside Gaza and build new crossing facilities.
When the disengagement process is complete, no Jews will be present in the Gaza Strip.

SOURCE

Old 09-13-2011, 08:19 PM

591 posts, read 561,011 times
Quote:
There is hatred on both sides, that is what happens when there is a state of war and aggression.

But I don't think the Jews in Israel have the same venom the extremists have. I also think if they felt they had a peace partner there would be peace.

Its not the Jews lobbing rockets into civilian areas, and yes Israel responds to those attacks and they have every right to.

I think much of the behavior of Israel towards the Palestinians comes from the endless terror attacks they have lived with for 63 years.

I would also add that there are Palestinians living in Israel as full citizens, I expect that Jews would never be allowed to live in the West Bank.
Yes, the OT does depict a ruthless God, but the people God has gone against no longer exists, and, as far as I can tell, were evil. THere has also been incidences where God just wanted to have a word with them peacefully, instead of killing them off like Jonah originally wanted to do. Islam straight up teaches that Jews and Christians are evil. Jews in the Koran are depicted as who to steal from, who to mass murder,who to rape, who not to trust, who to oppress, who Allah hates. The fact that the OT sanctions violence against entities like Islam is only because the God of the OT needed to erraticate a horrible evil that would not, and never will listen. But if Jews never speak out against the oppression, then Islam won't have the chance to not listen. kwIm?

Old 09-13-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Yes, the OT does depict a ruthless God, but the people God has gone against no longer exists, and, as far as I can tell, were evil. THere has also been incidences where God just wanted to have a word with them peacefully, instead of killing them off like Jonah originally wanted to do. Islam straight up teaches that Jews and Christians are evil. Jews in the Koran are depicted as who to steal from, who to mass murder,who to rape, who not to trust, who to oppress, who Allah hates. The fact that the OT sanctions violence against entities like Islam is only because the God of the OT needed to erraticate a horrible evil that would not, and never will listen. But if Jews never speak out against the oppression, then Islam won't have the chance to not listen. kwIm?
You know it is not the job of Jews to speak out against hatred, it is the responsibility for all to speak out.

First off you spend all this time slamming Islam and Muslims now you seem to think it is the job of Jews to speak out.

You think it is Israel's job to defend against the anti semitism coming from the Arab, and Palestinian world. Israel has enough on its plate I think and it deals with the difficult issues the best way it can.

I think you just are going to think what you think and I can't change that but I can stop posting to this as I think it is going no where.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:57 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,769,092 times
Quote:
Yes, the OT does depict a ruthless God, but the people God has gone against no longer exists, and, as far as I can tell, were evil.
So you actually believe that? Does no Christian work on the Sabbath now?

Leviticus 24

24:16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

I am a blasphemer, should I be killed?

Old 09-13-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I found a link that is probably the most accurate available it is from the :

JEWISH VIRTUAL LIBRARY

It gives the Jewish population of Gaza and the West Bank from 1970-June 2010.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 09-13-2011 at 09:33 PM..

Old 09-13-2011, 09:10 PM

591 posts, read 561,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So you actually believe that? Does no Christian work on the Sabbath now?

Leviticus 24

24:16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

I am a blasphemer, should I be killed?

What is blasphemething the name of the Lord? Is it something that Islam does today, and should Islam be told of God despising such behavior?

Old 09-13-2011, 09:17 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,769,092 times
Quote:
What is blasphemething the name of the Lord? Is it something that Islam does today, and should Islam be told of God despising such behavior?
What? You can't admit you are wrong, and the God you worship is just as nasty as the one worshiped by Muslims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam