U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:22 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,284,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
What is blasphemething the name of the Lord? Is it something that Islam does today, and should Islam be told of God despising such behavior?
I agree that God(swt) does despise such behavior. which is why I could not stay in Christianity as Calling Jesus(as) the "Son of God" is blasphemy and when one learns that it is Blasphemy, they can no longer stay Christian without being a hypocrite. I did not learn that from the Qur'an, I learned it as a Christian who was deeply involved with studying the bible. It was from reading the words attributed to Jesus(as) I became convinced it was a sin to worship him.

It is a very serious sin to pray to Jesus(as) he is a highly loved Prophet(PBUH) and spoke only the Truth, but he is a Messenger and not God(swt).

Your words seem to be an attempt to lead Jews, Sabians and Muslims into committing the only unforgivable sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 06:23 AM

21,365 posts, read 24,104,739 times
Quote:
It gives the Jewish population of Gaza and the West Bank from 1970-June 2010.
Its skewed information. Your own link states as of 2005 that all Jews from the settlements were evacuated from Gaza (this included lands owned by Jews since the Ottoman era). Thus after 2005 the Palestinians in Gaza were under self rule. The only thing holding them back is the daily rocket attacks on Israel. Realistically what outside business would want to build a location in Gaza if it has to worry about about a retaliatory strike from the Israelis.

As to the West Bank. Israel never took it directly from the Palestinians/Jews that lived there. The WB was granted to the Palestinians by the UN in 1948. It was taken by the Jordanians and its armistice line was written in 1949 thus making the Palestinians Jordanians and ejecting all the Jews. In 1967 the Israelis took it from the Jordanians. So after the war of 1967, the Israelis could have removed all the Arabs from the WB then. But they didn't. They allowed them to stay. thus its land taken in war and thus its the spoils of war. The Palestinian Arabs did not to secure their independence while they were under Jordanian control. Instead they did Black September to the Jordanian gov't. As to land rights in the WB, any Arab that can show doucumentation from either the Ottomans or the British then the land is theirs and still theirs. Anyone with documents leading from those documents also still own their land. The Israelis have all the land grant books from the Ottomans and the British. So all thats left is the squatters. Primarily its them who are getting their homes dozed. As to the land to the West of the wall that Israel is building its a mixture of squatter lands, Arab lands purchased by Israel and land taken by eminent domain from landowners (if you look close at a map of the wall, Israel has tried as much as feasible to go around these lands - but they can only do so much). The settlements....Most are Americans living there. Thus American citizens are building there. True Israelis would not even think of moving there.

As to a 2-state solution. The Arabs want a Arab state with no Jews in it and a Arab-Israeli state. The Arab regimes focus their hate on Israel to keep the people controlled. Once the Israeli issue ever comes to an end then the Shia-Sunni wars will begin (as seen in Iraq and in some African nations).

Old 09-14-2011, 06:53 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,284,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Its skewed information. Your own link states as of 2005 that all Jews from the settlements were evacuated from Gaza (this included lands owned by Jews since the Ottoman era). Thus after 2005 the Palestinians in Gaza were under self rule. The only thing holding them back is the daily rocket attacks on Israel. Realistically what outside business would want to build a location in Gaza if it has to worry about about a retaliatory strike from the Israelis.

As to the West Bank. Israel never took it directly from the Palestinians/Jews that lived there. The WB was granted to the Palestinians by the UN in 1948. It was taken by the Jordanians and its armistice line was written in 1949 thus making the Palestinians Jordanians and ejecting all the Jews. In 1967 the Israelis took it from the Jordanians. So after the war of 1967, the Israelis could have removed all the Arabs from the WB then. But they didn't. They allowed them to stay. thus its land taken in war and thus its the spoils of war. The Palestinian Arabs did not to secure their independence while they were under Jordanian control. Instead they did Black September to the Jordanian gov't. As to land rights in the WB, any Arab that can show doucumentation from either the Ottomans or the British then the land is theirs and still theirs. Anyone with documents leading from those documents also still own their land. The Israelis have all the land grant books from the Ottomans and the British. So all thats left is the squatters. Primarily its them who are getting their homes dozed. As to the land to the West of the wall that Israel is building its a mixture of squatter lands, Arab lands purchased by Israel and land taken by eminent domain from landowners (if you look close at a map of the wall, Israel has tried as much as feasible to go around these lands - but they can only do so much). The settlements....Most are Americans living there. Thus American citizens are building there. True Israelis would not even think of moving there.

As to a 2-state solution. The Arabs want a Arab state with no Jews in it and a Arab-Israeli state. The Arab regimes focus their hate on Israel to keep the people controlled. Once the Israeli issue ever comes to an end then the Shia-Sunni wars will begin (as seen in Iraq and in some African nations).

I doubt you will ever find many Shi'a in there. The majority of the world's Shi'i live in Iran and Iraq. Less than 10% of the World's Muslims are Shi'a and the majority live in Iran and Iraq.

Quote:
The Twelver Shi'i population in 1980 was estimated to be 72,750,000. There are important Shi'i communities in the following countries: Iran (34,000,000); Pakistan (12,000,000); India (10,000,000); Iraq 7,500,000; the former Soviet Union (4,000,000); Turkey (1,500,000); Afghanistan (1,300,000); Lebanon (1,000,000); Kuwait (270,000); Saudi Arabia (250,000); Bahrain (160,000); Syria (50,000). There are also small Shi'i communities in Europe, Africa, North and South America, and Australia and New Zealand (Momen 1985, 282).
SOURCE

As for the Arab Regime, Arabs are one of the smallest Minorities in Islam. Very few Muslims are Arab and not All Arabs are Muslim

Quote:
Religion
The majority of Arab Americans are Christian. Only about 12 percent of Muslims worldwide are Arabs. In fact, there are more Muslims in Indonesia than in all Arab countries combined. Today, Arab Muslims represent the fastest growing, albeit still minority, part of the Arab American community. Religious practices that direct personal behavior--including the five-times-daily prayers, month-long fast at Ramadan, beards for men and the wearing of the hijab (headcover) for women make Muslims more visible than most religious minorities and thus more vulnerable to bigotry.
SOURCE

The point of showing over 300,000 Jews live in the West Bank was in reply to Jazzymom's post. There are Jews living in the West Bank.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 AM

70 posts, read 76,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
So since you can't convince me of your being right you resort to insults??

No I am not, but I am a JEW... and I understand what it is like to be hated because I am a Jew and I don't want to be the kind of person who hates someone simply because of their religion. I don't want to paint an entire group of people because of the extremists.

I also see hatred coming from not only Muslims, but Christians too.
you are Respectable if you think Islam hate the JEWS and Christians that mean you did not understand Islam in the time of prophets moses and Jesus peace be upon them there were whom follow their religion and other whom reject their message ALLAH SPEAK about who reject and changed the bible and Torah ALLAH said [ And if only they upheld [the law of] the Torah, the Gospel, and what has been revealed to them from their Lord, they would have consumed [provision] from above them and from beneath their feet. Among them are a moderate community, but many of them - evil is that which they do.] in another ayat [ Sahih International
Indeed, those who have believed [in Prophet Muhammad] and those [before Him] who were Jews or Sabeans or Christians - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve.]

Old 09-14-2011, 12:40 PM

21,365 posts, read 24,104,739 times
Quote:
Less than 10% of the World's Muslims are Shi'a
But they can still be a thorn to the other 90%.

Quote:
As for the Arab Regime, Arabs are one of the smallest Minorities in Islam. Very few Muslims are Arab and not All Arabs are Muslim
for the context of this thread we are staying within the confines of the Middle East.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:26 PM

591 posts, read 560,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I agree that God(swt) does despise such behavior. which is why I could not stay in Christianity as Calling Jesus(as) the "Son of God" is blasphemy and when one learns that it is Blasphemy, they can no longer stay Christian without being a hypocrite. I did not learn that from the Qur'an, I learned it as a Christian who was deeply involved with studying the bible. It was from reading the words attributed to Jesus(as) I became convinced it was a sin to worship him.

It is a very serious sin to pray to Jesus(as) he is a highly loved Prophet(PBUH) and spoke only the Truth, but he is a Messenger and not God(swt).

Your words seem to be an attempt to lead Jews, Sabians and Muslims into committing the only unforgivable sin.

You are the antichrist.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:47 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,425,900 times
Quote:
You are the antichrist.
No, he isn't the antichrist. He is a muslim like you are a christian. And yes worshipping a man is idolatry. Jesus was a Jewish man who was probably a rabbi/teacher who was interested in reforming his own religion not starting a new one.

Name calling is unnecessary.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
No, he isn't the antichrist. He is a muslim like you are a christian. And yes worshipping a man is idolatry. Jesus was a Jewish man who was probably a rabbi/teacher who was interested in reforming his own religion not starting a new one.

Name calling is unnecessary.
No actually he is the antichrist. Not name calling. It is said in the Bible that the antichrist will deny that Jesus is the Christ and deny both God the Father and God the Son.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:08 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,425,900 times
Quote:
No actually he is the antichrist. Not name calling. It is said in the Bible that the antichrist will deny that Jesus is the Christ and deny both God the Father and God the Son.

Lots of people deny that Jesus is god. Lots of people aren't Christian. I deny Jesus is a god or the son of a god.

Christianity is but one of many religions.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Lots of people deny that Jesus is god. Lots of people aren't Christian. I deny Jesus is a god or the son of a god.

Christianity is but one of many religions.

Actually Woody worships Satan. Muhammad is the antichrist false prophet who is openly evil. He openly commited acts of murder, genocide, theft, rape, and pedophelia. When you cover up for, worship, shower love on, and wish peace upon what is openly, unrepentatly evil, you worship Satan. THere is no justice for all of Muhammad's countless victims when you have no compassion for them, and deem them all unworthy of justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam