U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-14-2011, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,769,092 times
Reputation: 12628

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Actually Woody worships Satan. Muhammad is the antichrist false prophet who is openly evil. He openly commited acts of murder, genocide, theft, rape, and pedophelia. When you cover up for, worship, shower love on, and wish peace upon what is openly, unrepentatly evil, you worship Satan. THere is no justice for all of Muhammad's countless victims when you have no compassion for them, and deem them all unworthy of justice.
My departed mother had a name for people like you....Something to do with a bag of hammers...It wasn't very nice, so I won't share it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2011, 09:48 PM
 
591 posts, read 561,011 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Lots of people deny that Jesus is god. Lots of people aren't Christian. I deny Jesus is a god or the son of a god.

Christianity is but one of many religions.

It's ok to worship/idolize/mentor Jesus because he was/is sinless. If you take him to influence in every way, it will make you more like him. Sinless. It;s a matter of choosing what you take to influence. If you choose to worship, or idolize, or mentor an openly, unrepentantly evil man, the evil will manifest through you. I can't help but think about that Brady Bunch episode where Bobby worships/idolizes/mentors Billy the Kid. Bobby's Dad had to step in an illustrate to the lad that Billy was a murderer, and idolizing him is not gtg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2011, 09:49 PM
 
591 posts, read 561,011 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
My departed mother had a name for people like you....Something to do with a bag of hammers...It wasn't very nice, so I won't share it here.

??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2011, 05:14 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,532,336 times
Reputation: 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
I can't help but think about that Brady Bunch episode where Bobby worships/idolizes/mentors Billy the Kid. Bobby's Dad had to step in an illustrate to the lad that Billy was a murderer, and idolizing him is not gtg.
I think that might be the first time anyone has actually used the Brady Bunch to make a case for something. (Clue: television sitcom, not real life).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2011, 09:03 PM
 
Location: Northern Va. from N.J.
4,390 posts, read 4,220,881 times
Reputation: 2662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
.

I would also add that there are Palestinians living in Israel as full citizens, I expect that Jews would never be allowed to live in the West Bank.
Oh Really, full citizens you say, if they are then why can't a Palestinian who is a citizen of Israel bring their wife and children into the country?

Although Palestinian citizens of Israel are entitled to vote and participate in Israeli political life, and several Palestinians are members of the Knesset (the Israeli parliament), they do not receive the same treatment as the Jewish citizens at the hands of the government. Israel still applies 20 laws that privilege Jews over Arabs. For example, the 1950 Law of Return grants automatic citizenship rights to Jews from anywhere in the world upon request, while denying that same right to Palestinians. The Basic Law of Human Dignity and Freedom ensures that Israel is the state of the "Jewish people," not its citizens. This law was passed in 1992 to serve as a "bill of rights," as Israel does not have a written constitution.

Israel's flag and other national symbols are Jewish religious symbols, not neutral or national ones that represent all the citizens of the state. Government resources, meanwhile, are disproportionately directed to Jews and not to Arabs, one factor in causing the Palestinians of Israel to suffer the lowest living standards in Israeli society by all economic indicators.

Human Rights Watch has compiled an extensive study of Israel's policy of "separate, not equal" schools for Palestinian children, finding that "Government-run Arab schools are a world apart from government-run Jewish schools. In virtually every respect, Palestinian Arab children get an education inferior to that of Jewish children, and their relatively poor performance in school reflects this."

As many as 100 Palestinian villages in Israel, many of which pre-date the founding of the state, are not recognized by the Israeli government, and are not listed on maps and receive no services (water, electricity, sanitation, roads, etc.) from the government. More than 70,000 Palestinians live in these unrecognized villages. Meanwhile, hundreds of new Jewish towns have been established on lands
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2011, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Northern Va. from N.J.
4,390 posts, read 4,220,881 times
Reputation: 2662
more info on Palestinians being second class citizens in Israel Moderator cut: delete

http://www.middleeastmonitor.org.uk/...-in-israel.pdf

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-16-2011 at 06:14 AM.. Reason: persomal insult
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Northern Va. from N.J.
4,390 posts, read 4,220,881 times
Reputation: 2662

Second Class Citizenship - Palestinians living in Israel - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2011, 05:35 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,426,292 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Oh Really, full citizens you say, if they are then why can't a Palestinian who is a citizen of Israel bring their wife and children into the country?

Although Palestinian citizens of Israel are entitled to vote and participate in Israeli political life, and several Palestinians are members of the Knesset (the Israeli parliament), they do not receive the same treatment as the Jewish citizens at the hands of the government. Israel still applies 20 laws that privilege Jews over Arabs. For example, the 1950 Law of Return grants automatic citizenship rights to Jews from anywhere in the world upon request, while denying that same right to Palestinians. The Basic Law of Human Dignity and Freedom ensures that Israel is the state of the "Jewish people," not its citizens. This law was passed in 1992 to serve as a "bill of rights," as Israel does not have a written constitution.

Israel's flag and other national symbols are Jewish religious symbols, not neutral or national ones that represent all the citizens of the state. Government resources, meanwhile, are disproportionately directed to Jews and not to Arabs, one factor in causing the Palestinians of Israel to suffer the lowest living standards in Israeli society by all economic indicators.

Human Rights Watch has compiled an extensive study of Israel's policy of "separate, not equal" schools for Palestinian children, finding that "Government-run Arab schools are a world apart from government-run Jewish schools. In virtually every respect, Palestinian Arab children get an education inferior to that of Jewish children, and their relatively poor performance in school reflects this."

As many as 100 Palestinian villages in Israel, many of which pre-date the founding of the state, are not recognized by the Israeli government, and are not listed on maps and receive no services (water, electricity, sanitation, roads, etc.) from the government. More than 70,000 Palestinians live in these unrecognized villages. Meanwhile, hundreds of new Jewish towns have been established on lands
Originally Posted by Jazzymom
.

I would also add that there are Palestinians living in Israel as full citizens, I expect that Jews would never be allowed to live in the West Bank.


I stand by what I said, are there problems sure but that was not what I was originally responding to. Israel has restrictions of movement out of the West Bank into Israel of Palestinians and sure there are issues within Israel that need to be solved. But I still believe that despite the problems Israel has if life was not better as an Israeli citizen then they would leave and go to the West Bank. But life is better.

Israel has the restrictions of movement due to the problems of terrorism and for that reason there are restrictions of movement.

Israel is a Jewish states and as so its symbols are Jewish. When the Palestinians have a state I am sure there symbols will be Islamic.

I am sure when Palestine is a state every Jew will be expelled and there will be no Jews allowed in the stated even those who have lived there since before 1948. In fact that has already been spoken of by the PLO ambassador.

"No Jews Allowed in 'Palestine,' Confirms PLO
Maen Areikat, the Palestinian Liberation Organization's ambassador to the United States, met with reporters Tuesday in Washington D.C. and confirmed that Jews would not be allowed to live in the future state of Palestine."

But you have an agenda it is clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2011, 05:56 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,426,292 times
Reputation: 807
Since this thread seems to be dissolving into name calling and insulting because there is disagreement.
Here are 10 facts about the Israeli/Arab conflict.

http://www.arabisraeliconflict.info/...facts/10-facts
10 Facts About The Arab-Israeli Conflict
Fact #1: Jews have been living in Israel continuously for over 3,000 years
Fact #2: One quarter of Israeli citizens are not Jewish
Fact #3: Israel has repeatedly accepted the two state solution
Fact #4: The Arab-Israeli conflict is not about the occupation - it's about the existence of Israel
Fact #5: Arab violence against civilians began long before the occupation
Fact #6: Palestinian leadership actively supported the Nazis during WWII
Fact #7: Arab leaders have been abusing the Palestinians for political gain since the beginning of the conflict
Fact #8: Palestinian children are being brainwashed into hate, martyrdom and genocide
Fact #9: Palestinians are treated differently than all other refugees
Fact #10: Israel is treated differently than all other countries

Is Israel perfect? No
Are there issues in Israel that need to be solved concerning the Palestinian population? Yes

The fact is that there are other minorities living in Israel and they are not connected with terrorism. The Palestinians are and have been since the state came into being. There are Druise, and Christians living in Israel, but the problems are with the Palestinians.

Until the terrorism, and incitement stops Israel will always have to have a balance of how it relates to the Palestinians. It isn't right but given the circumstances of having to keep all its citizens safe from terrorist acts that come from the Palestinian population, not the Druise or Christian population that will be the reality.

Moderator cut: orphaned

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-16-2011 at 06:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2011, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,532,336 times
Reputation: 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
But you have an agenda it is clear.
Something tells me that A) he isn't going to like that assertion. And B) for every item you present that contradicts his agenda, he's going to get proportionately angrier. He won't call you--or me--the names he wants to here, because that would get his thread shut down. But you know as well as I do that he's saying them out loud, on his side of the computer screen. And he's probably got a whole chorus singing right along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top