U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 02:34 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,489,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Four or 5 years ago several of us from austin were denied Visas to Israel and were told that the only way we could get into Gaza was through Israel. Maybe it was just us, they might not like Texans.

In Tyler Texas at the Masjid I used to go to before I moved to Austin, almost everybody was from Palestine. The desire for dignity and freedom was very much felt.

But here in the USA it is impossible to fully understand what is happening in Gaza. We can only hear part of the Truth.
The "truth" is that both sides are at fault. Neither of them really want any sort of peace, because that would mean having to get along with each other. Both Israel and Palestine can go eff themselves for all I care. I just wish the USA would wash their hands of the whole mess. Screw 'em, they don't want to play nice, let them beat on each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 06:32 PM

330 posts, read 500,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
Self-defense is not terrorism, but terrorism is the occupation That Israel is doing, so, Do not ask me to be peaceful while you're occupies my land

Do not talk even you are living in the Middle East , Because the picture is close of you
No one occupies gaza! gaza is run by hamas, there are no foreign armies in it.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:41 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,372,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
Except it is a prison and forced exile, from what was once their homes. A lfe behind what is similar to what the Berlin Wall was. At the mercy of the captors.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:53 PM

4,390 posts, read 4,236,731 times
Quote:
Four or 5 years ago several of us from austin were denied Visas to Israel and were told that the only way we could get into Gaza was through Israel. Maybe it was just us, they might not like Texans.

In Tyler Texas at the Masjid I used to go to before I moved to Austin, almost everybody was from Palestine. The desire for dignity and freedom was very much felt.

But here in the USA it is impossible to fully understand what is happening in Gaza. We can only hear part of the Truth.
As far as I know it is still very difficult to get in or out of Gaza by land or sea

Old 09-05-2011, 09:14 PM

4,390 posts, read 4,236,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post

IDF Soldiers Fight Their Way Through Gaza's Streets 8/01/09 - YouTube

Old 09-06-2011, 08:08 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,631,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
As far as I know it is still very difficult to get in or out of Gaza by land or sea
You'd think the land route might be a bit of a problem, since most of Gaza's land border is shared with Israel. But don't you find it interesting that the western portion of Gaza's land border happens to abut Egypt...and you don't hear much about anyone from Gaza leaving through that route? Perhaps Egypt already has enough things on its plate and prefers not to have an additional problem.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:44 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,372,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You'd think the land route might be a bit of a problem, since most of Gaza's land border is shared with Israel. But don't you find it interesting that the western portion of Gaza's land border happens to abut Egypt...and you don't hear much about anyone from Gaza leaving through that route? Perhaps Egypt already has enough things on its plate and prefers not to have an additional problem.
Egypt stays under unwritten sanctions to keep the Palestinian Border closed. It is called diplomacy not to get the Western world angry. It may also be part of the treaty they have with Israel.

Possibly unfairly I suspect a certain level of racial prejudice, the Palestinians are not Arab and the powers to be in Egypt are usually Arab. Prejudiciam is an ugly thing and is forbidden in Islam, but it does raise it's ugly head even among Muslims who are devout in all other aspects. I hope I am mistaken and this is not the case.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:18 AM

21,396 posts, read 24,269,330 times
Ted, If you want to post videos then post the rest of it ducumention. This had nothing to do with occupation. It was in response to attacks from Gaza on civilian targets but here is the rest of your link:

Quote:
Source : LiveLeak
Raw Video : An IDF unit fight their way thru North Gaza coming up against enemy fire and discovering Hamas weapons,uniforms and bombs along the way.

In a pinpoint operation conducted by IDF forces in coordination with the ISA this morning, soldiers targeted and identified hitting a number of Islamic Jihad operatives who in recent days launched rockets into Israel: Nasser Halil Hassan Ouda, More..21; Muhammad Faez Yadeb Hanedi, 24; Anwar Abed al-Hafiz Abu Salem, 23.

The IAF attacked approximately 25 targets, including:

Nine weaponry storehouses, most of them hidden under Hamas operatives homes
A number of weapons smuggling tunnels
Four rocket launching sites
A junction rigged with explosives, which operatives had planned to detonate against IDF forces
A vehicle carrying a rocket launcher
Two Hamas outposts
Five cells of armed operatives, some of which fired at IDF forces

Ground forces encountered and shot armed gunmen in several different incidents.

IAF, Navy and Artillery forces continued to support ground forces operating in Gaza, striking groups of gunmen approaching IDF units, as well as gunmen identified at rocket launching sites.

An IDF officer was killed and another soldier lightly wounded this morning during a fire-fight in the central Gaza Strip. The soldiers, from the Kfir infantry brigade, were hit by an anti-tank missile. In another incident, an IDF soldier was severely wounded, another soldier was moderately wounded and five soldiers were lightly wounded when a rocket hit the Eshkol region. The wounded soldiers were evacuated to hospital for further care.

The IDF will continue to operate against the terrorist organizations in Gaza and anyone who aids them

Old 09-06-2011, 09:38 AM

21,396 posts, read 24,269,330 times
Quote:
Egypt stays under unwritten sanctions to keep the Palestinian Border closed.
Egypt opened up the Rafah crossing. But as time has been going forward, the Egyptians have been increasing the limitations on that crossing due to numerous issues.

Egypt renews restrictions at Gaza crossing | Occupied Palestine |

They've decided not to give Gazans unlimited entrance as the crime rate increases in towns bordering it.

The Egyptians (new gov't) have re-started closing the smuggling tunnels.

Egyptian military begins closing smuggling tunnels near Gaza - The Washington Post

Old 09-06-2011, 03:24 PM

617 posts, read 593,523 times
Quote:
Egypt stays under unwritten sanctions to keep the Palestinian Border closed. It is called diplomacy not to get the Western world angry. It may also be part of the treaty they have with Israel.

Possibly unfairly I suspect a certain level of racial prejudice, the Palestinians are not Arab and the powers to be in Egypt are usually Arab. Prejudiciam is an ugly thing and is forbidden in Islam, but it does raise it's ugly head even among Muslims who are devout in all other aspects. I hope I am mistaken and this is not the case.

NO. Now Egypt changed after fall the traitor "Hosni Mubarak", and became Rafah's crossing opened for the Palestinians and it has helped many people in Gaza, Egypt is now with the people of Gaza, the Life has returned to Egypt after Mubarak .

you said that ... Palestinians are not Arab,, that's wrong , I want to say you about something maybe do not know it, in all Arab countries you find a mixture of races, there are Arabs their ancestry from the Arabian Peninsula, and many tribes Whether in Palestine or Egypt or Saudi Arabia or Algeria, Morocco, Libya and Tunisia, Lebanon so, there are Arabs of Arab descent and there are Arabs from non-Arab descent, and the Palestinians, like all Arab tribes they are a mixture of Arab descent and Of non-Arab, Arab are their culture, not race just

Last edited by weaam; 09-06-2011 at 03:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam