U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2011, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
616 posts, read 592,398 times
Reputation: 50

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Again, you assume that no-one had seen this previously. How about the ancient Fijian societies that also easily predate Islam by several centuries?


Quote:

The islands they lived on were formed out of volcanism, so yes; they had seen the volcano gods' workings (Pele for instance) long LONG before Mohammed imagined or locally witnessed it, if in fact , this is what he was referring to.

do you see that fire in the bottom of the sea was known 1400 years ago In these islands ? how did you know? how muhammed knew this information, Although the Arabs in the Arabian Peninsula at that time did not see the sea?



There is also ample evidence of volcanic eruptions near water along the Mediterranean Sea. Big deal.

but do you know who did that? Nature's fury ?

This post's contents and assumptions are so immature and unconvincing, I'm staggered that you actually buy into it. You must have suffered a really limited, scientifically starved education.

Just as you think


Is this typical of the real-world education afforded children in the Middle East? Do Islamic teachers only focus on the works and prophecies of Allah, to the complete exclusion of everything else? Seems so.


were you in our classes? Do you want to teach us that my great-grandfather was ape, and our Common characteristics , for example

We learn the religion and the world together

How tragic, for you.
but how tragic, for you that your Science even NOW has not reached you to the lord (God) Otherwise I am with Science heart and mind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2011, 06:46 PM
 
330 posts, read 499,129 times
Reputation: 397
muslim guy.. a VOLCANO at either the edge of the sea, or under it does not mean the SEA IS ON FIRE!!! it means there is a volcanic eruption... learn the difference
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 05:11 AM
 
439 posts, read 483,049 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Um, no. It starts to get dark immediately when one dives. It's darker just below the surface than it is above the surface, it's darker 5m below the surface than it is just under the surface, it's darker 10m below the surface than it is 5m below the surface, and so forth.

Ancient divers noticed this, they noticed that when you got even deeper -- say, 15m or even 30m -- it started to get really dim. They then were able to figure out (if they possessed the cognitive abilities of, oh, say, an 8-year-old) that, "Hey, if we could go even deeper it would eventually be completely black!".




Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Common knowledge, no miracles. and very basic as well, by the way! If you sat for even a few minutes and watched an in-coming storm surf at your local beach, you'd see the obvious: the "undertow" and retreating volumes of water from the previous waves has to go somewhere! Obviously.

And that it is obviously overcome by the next incoming wave, and this creates an obvious undercurrent wave. All obvious, unless you prefer to credit it all to some miraculous hand. We know differently. No miracles required, none shown here.

As noted by Voyager, as follows:

.


smart logic

i realy wish that you use logic to accept the truth


in the following verses there is a logical proof proves that the Quran is from Allah.

also it could be used to prove tha the quran is not from Allah.

but tha did not happen.


these are the verses


Perdition overtake both hands of Abu Lahab, and he will perish.
His wealth and what he earns will not avail him.
He shall soon burn in fire that flames,
And his wife, the bearer of fuel,
Upon her neck a halter of strongly twisted rope.




Abu Lahab is one of the enemy of the prophet Muhammed peace and blessing of Allah be upon him


the authenticity and credibility of Islam, the Quran and the Prophet himself laid in the hands of this man Abu Lahab for 10 years.

how?

When Abu Lahab was still well and alive, a short chapter of the Quran was revealed to the Prophet. The chapter said that Abu Lahab will die a non-muslim and will go to hell for not believing in the Oneness of God.

Abu Lahab lived for many years after this prophecy was revealed. He could have destroyed the credibility of Islam and the Prophet simply by pretending to convert. But he didn't.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 05:19 AM
 
439 posts, read 483,049 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
muslim guy.. a VOLCANO at either the edge of the sea, or under it does not mean the SEA IS ON FIRE!!! it means there is a volcanic eruption... learn the difference

then what would happen to the water of the sea ?


but i think you are right regarding the word fire

because in the quran the actual arabic word mentioned means

stoved or coals or heated (some thing being processed by fire)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,701 posts, read 11,864,758 times
Reputation: 3727
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
then what would happen to the water of the sea ?


but i think you are right regarding the word fire

because in the quran the actual arabic word mentioned means

stoved or coals or heated (some thing being processed by fire)
What it does mean is that this was observed and well known long before the Quran was composed. Nothing new under the sun - Futility of futilities. Absolutely pointless, so logic would demand that there is no reason whatsoever to conclude that this is some revelation of a totally unheard of and never before observed phenomenon. - Next...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 06:55 PM
 
330 posts, read 499,129 times
Reputation: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
What it does mean is that this was observed and well known long before the Quran was composed. Nothing new under the sun - Futility of futilities. Absolutely pointless, so logic would demand that there is no reason whatsoever to conclude that this is some revelation of a totally unheard of and never before observed phenomenon. - Next...

I find it intersting how quickly you change the meaning of the words to suit your needs... it shows the utter weakness of your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 07:39 PM
 
439 posts, read 483,049 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
I find it intersting how quickly you change the meaning of the words to suit your needs... it shows the utter weakness of your point.

i am not perfect .

the Quran is perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2011, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,701 posts, read 11,864,758 times
Reputation: 3727
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
I find it intersting how quickly you change the meaning of the words to suit your needs... it shows the utter weakness of your point.
Did you perhaps mean to respond to finalmessage, and responded to mine accidently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2011, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,583,521 times
Reputation: 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
the Quran is perfect.
It's not really possible to have anything like a discussion with you, never mind a debate. You just throw that line into the mix--might as well seal yourself inside a concrete room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2011, 09:20 PM
 
330 posts, read 499,129 times
Reputation: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
i am not perfect .

the Quran is perfect.
the quran is not perfect if you have to change the meanings to try to prove something in a desperate way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top