U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 11:18 AM

3,570 posts, read 7,930,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
True, there are several different names for God, but "Allah" isn't one of them. Aside from what people think, what would GOD think, of us calling him by the name of a false god? I would think He would take it as an insult of the very worst kind....BAD idea....

Bud

Yep I totally agree with you on this point!! The God of the Christian Bible is not allah. He has many other names such as I AM, Jehovah and many more. allah is a false deity according to Christian belief. I personally will never bow down to any other god either by word or deed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 04:54 PM

679 posts, read 1,346,802 times
Quote:
Nothing from Amsterdam should surprise us.
What's that mean? The Dutch are a very sensible, intelligent and pragmatic people.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:08 PM

3,570 posts, read 7,930,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
What's that mean? The Dutch are a very sensible, intelligent and pragmatic people.
From an American standpoint they are very loose with their morals. Anything goes in Amsterdam, it's all legal. While morals run loose here in the states, much of it is illegal by our government's standards.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:27 PM

43,012 posts, read 92,254,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
Thank you, I am Dutch.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:29 PM

36 posts, read 81,274 times
There are "professing" Christians who are not really Christians at all. Those who accept the above suggestion to appease Muslims and seek a politically correct middle ground are spineless cowards unworthy of being the Lord's disciples on earth. The Bible says that final judgment " will begin at the house of God," among God's people, separating the wheat from the chaff, goats from sheep. God is refining and purging His people to see who are the true followers and who are imposters. All Christians must pray that the true believers will prevail at this historical time of apostasy and heresy.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:51 PM

4,607 posts, read 6,992,845 times
Did anyone actually see him on the news show? It caught my attention while flipping the tv and reading the bottom screen. I thought I was misunderstanding.

Nope, and after I came out of the "shock/horror" state I asked my husband to make sure I was hearing this correctly. God should be called Allah-
The sad part was the bishop was smiling away, and acting as if it was all perfectly natural and nothing out of the ordinary with his statements.
Acting just like another day......very disappointing. And I am praying for this bishop to be put back on the correct path. Stray sheep always need prayers,

Old 08-17-2007, 06:07 PM

679 posts, read 1,346,802 times
Like I said, the Dutch are pragmatic. Unfettered by dogma, they're free to objectively view a situation and decide an appropriate solution. Their "loose morals" lead to progressive ideas like religious and racial tolerance before the US who, with allegedly higher morals, fairs far worse in a side-by-side crime comparison.

Hopes - I have a friend who is Dutch. You're welcome.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:28 PM

122 posts, read 353,522 times
The Judeo-Christian diety "God" is the exact same diety that the Muslims worship. All three religions believe in the same God that the Jews created in the Old Testament.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:09 AM

2,739 posts, read 7,849,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throx View Post
The Judeo-Christian diety "God" is the exact same diety that the Muslims worship. All three religions believe in the same God that the Jews created in the Old Testament.
If the Muslims are worshipping our God, then they are calling Him by the wrong name. It would be like calling our President "Jack", instead of "George", and then arguing that Jack is actually his real name simply because "we've always called him Jack, therefore his name has gotta be Jack". Hmmm....perhaps they should ask HIM what His name actually is. Nowhere in the Bible is the name "Allah" found, but several names of God, written under direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit, are found there.
Going beyond the above fact, there is the issue of Muslims saying that their god does NOT have a son. So...how can they be worshipping the same god...when OUR GOD has a son: Jesus? The Muslim description of their god does not fit the description given in the Bible of the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob...the Father of Jesus the Christ. If Muslims worship a god that has no son, then it cannot be the same God I worship. They have invented one that does not exist. Do you see the difference?

Bud

Old 08-19-2007, 01:54 AM

122 posts, read 353,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
If the Muslims are worshipping our God, then they are calling Him by the wrong name. It would be like calling our President "Jack", instead of "George", and then arguing that Jack is actually his real name simply because "we've always called him Jack, therefore his name has gotta be Jack". Hmmm....perhaps they should ask HIM what His name actually is. Nowhere in the Bible is the name "Allah" found, but several names of God, written under direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit, are found there.
Going beyond the above fact, there is the issue of Muslims saying that their god does NOT have a son. So...how can they be worshipping the same god...when OUR GOD has a son: Jesus? The Muslim description of their god does not fit the description given in the Bible of the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob...the Father of Jesus the Christ. If Muslims worship a god that has no son, then it cannot be the same God I worship. They have invented one that does not exist. Do you see the difference?

Bud

Arabs do have a different language than us. Their word for "God" is "Allah".

As for the rest? I don't believe that God did the deed with Mary, and did not inpregnate her with his son. I also think that God/Allah is far beyond our comprehension, and that the Devine Creator has no need for a sex organ: Therefore God/Allah, is not a "Him" nor a "Her.

It's time to stop the devisiveness that our beliefs may cause. Why alienate the Muslims? Jews? and the rest of the world? Why to religious people pass judgement on the skeptics that don't see any Allah or God at all?

It is not us vs them.
God and Allah are both the same according to the OT.
God is not a man who inpregnates women.
The Devine Creator is way too mysterious for anyone to understand.

Throx

But the God in the Old Testament is known by many names including "Allah".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or