U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-15-2014, 03:10 AM
 
1,727 posts, read 1,082,597 times
Reputation: 531

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Let me ask you a few questions about your views of us.

1. Do you believe Muslims will go to Hell?

2. Do you believe Islam is a religion you should hate?

3. Do you think it is justified to wage war against Muslims that may destroy Christianity?

4. Can you wish peace to Muhammad(PBUH)?
What hell, the christian hell will be full of muslims.
The muslim hell will be full of Christians, and jews.
You speak of these as though they are real.

Yes, Islam is a religion all the world should hate, and stop.

I prefer deprograming to war.

No, I cannot wish peace to Muhammed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-16-2014, 12:01 AM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 192,885 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Ball Pean is OK. He is simply in Quixote mod and defending the world from the windmills he sees. From his posts it seems he spends a lot of time on the anti-Islamic sites, which explains where his views are coming from.

His methods may be bad, but at least his intentions are crude.


Over all I do believe he is sincere and actually believes the things he writes. I do have to admire his perseverance and dedication to do what he believes is right. I assume he is an adult and old enough and is wise enough to investigate his views from all perspectives. I feel he is speaking from a biased perspective and has never met a Muslim in person, but if it his desire to separate him self from a segment of humanity, that is his choice and I do not begrudge him his right to his opinions. He is who he is and his life choices affect only him.
You Sir deserve a most sincere Golf Clap. I am truly impressed by your empathy and charity to a clearly inferior intellect. Whose words had such little impact upon you that you were inspired to use literary figures to construct analogies worthy of your contempt for the lesser mans opinion. I doubt he is concerned with separating himself from certain parts of humanity (if one can describe the adherents of Islam as such while keeping a straight face ) as he is concerned with ensuring that a certain segment of humanity does not separate parts of him from himself.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
His words do not bother me and I doubt if they have any more effect on the world than the size of the hole he leaves in the water after he gets out of the bath tub.
Please feel free to add everyone who posts to Internet forums to that list. After all how many people's opinion have much effect on the world other than historical figures, politicians, maybe Nobel prize winners all categories which I doubt you could found to be a member of. Besides have you considered he may be a man of great economy who chooses to shower rather than take baths. See these are the dangers of presumption which you have obviously chosen to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It is easy to ignore him, and that is probably the best option.
Almost a nugget of wisdom. If only you chosen to heed your own advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2014, 12:18 AM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 192,885 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
They don't have time to read it, they are too busy reading about the presumed scriptures of religions they don't agree with.
A blanket condemnation of anyone whose views you would prefer to conveniently dismiss no doubt. Perfectly within your right in my view just a surprising tactic given the superior tone of your posts is all. I mean generally the need to be condescending is viewed as an admission that you lack the ability to employ reason backed by facts as opposed to emotion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2014, 01:10 AM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 192,885 times
Reputation: 123
Is Islam good or bad to put the question in simple terms? There are plenty of people who chose to ignore reality with regard to the facts. Many right here in this thread in fact who unapologetically defend the indefensible. For anyone who cares to pay attention to the facts Islam is bad. In fact Islam is very bad. Contrast Islam with any Religion you like and time and again Islam wins the Bad Mother ^##,~ award.

We ultimately have three choices... 1. Islam is bad. 2. Islam is good. 3. I don't know one way or the other. Most people have made up there minds as to which camp they belong to already and very rarely are they moved to a different opinion based upon an Internet Forum. While it is certainly possible unfortunately too often emotional attachment precludes people from making a reasoned judgement either way. I have read for myself and live and work along side Muslims, Christians, Athiests and Jews daily. For my money I will take the Pepsi challenge any day of the week Islam vs. "Fill in Religion here." The simplest most concise example is this. In a Muslim society choice is not allowed unless the choice is Islam. Here in the U.S. we are contrary to popular assertion a Judeo-Christian Society. Yet nobody is compelled by threat of force whether it be physical, emotional, social, economic to attend church or synagogue. You can critize Jews and Christians and Atheists openly with no realistic fear of physical violence with very few exceptions. Try that in Middle East and don't forget to put me in your will.


In fact those who chose to ignore this reality are just like the guy whose car is stuck on the railroad tracks and the train is coming. Reason would dictate the best way to deal with this is to get out of the car and off the tracks so as to avoid being killed by the train. However, there are those that would cover their ears and shut their eyes hoping that the train was not really there and believing that this will somehow save them from what's coming.

I could trade verses back and forth supporting my assertion that Islam is Bad but hey everyone here has read the Bible and The Quran if only parts. They have access to the Internet and can find a seemingly infinite number of documents both pro and con should they so desire.

Now go and be offended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2014, 06:02 AM
 
1,727 posts, read 1,082,597 times
Reputation: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Have you torn into the heart of the poster and know what is in there, before you attacked him? Like the man who killed, you passed judgement without knowledge of what is in his heart?

You believe Muslims automatically condemn and hate all non-Muslims. Yet, you are showing that you automatically hate and condemn all Muslims. You are acting the same as that which you claim to hate.

Muslims are people and have different opinons, but yes, Islam condemns all non-muslims.
Now we have to deal with the percentage of muslims who actually follow the teachings.

Brainwash yourself by praying 5 times a day, and isolate yourself to muslims only, and you will have a larger group who follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2014, 06:06 AM
 
1,727 posts, read 1,082,597 times
Reputation: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan33068 View Post
I could trade verses back and forth supporting my assertion that Islam is Bad but hey everyone here has read the Bible and The Quran if only parts. They have access to the Internet and can find a seemingly infinite number of documents both pro and con should they so desire.

Now go and be offended.
I would like to point out, yes the Qur'an is bad, but the Qur'an is only 14% of Islamic text, and the really juicy stuff is in the Sunnah,, and it gets really nasty, very descriptive of tortures, murders, and intents of the religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2014, 09:49 AM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 192,885 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
I would like to point out, yes the Qur'an is bad, but the Qur'an is only 14% of Islamic text, and the really juicy stuff is in the Sunnah,, and it gets really nasty, very descriptive of tortures, murders, and intents of the religion.
Interesting point, I was curious about this myself and so previously I have spoke with Muslim co-workers and they tell me the Sunnah are what Muhammad believed or implied via his example in the hadith in the form of stories. For the purpose of expediency I chose not to list all the books or documents used in Islam to teach the faith much the same way I do not mention the Catechism of the Catholic Church as the Bible if/when I am discussing Catholicism.

I am not surprised I was told by my Muslim Co-workers there are literally thousands of Hadiths spread across several books depending which sect of Islam on adheres Sunni, Shia, etc. I work with Muslims from Iran, Pakistan, and Afghanistan as well as a few Egyptian Coptic Christians their responses to my questions have been very interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2014, 10:01 AM
 
1,727 posts, read 1,082,597 times
Reputation: 531
However the 2 that are of the most importance are Taburi, and Ishaq, Ishaq being the earliest to the actual source.

Without these books, there is no Muhammed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2014, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Virginia
274 posts, read 192,885 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Muslims are people and have different opinons, but yes, Islam condemns all non-muslims.
Now we have to deal with the percentage of muslims who actually follow the teachings.

Brainwash yourself by praying 5 times a day, and isolate yourself to muslims only, and you will have a larger group who follow.


Fortunately, according to those who defend Islam there a just a "few" radicals out there committing all these atrocities. The term "few" is interesting because last I read there were somewhere between 1.2 -1.5 Billion Muslims in the world. Now let's say 10% fall into the extremists category well we are talking about 120 Million Islamist Radicals. This far exceeds the total membership in any of the Worlds standing Militaries. Even if we halve the 10% and go to 5% 60 Million would make them the worlds largest Military force by sheer numbers. Now consider their exponential growth given their birth rate and we can see this is a cause for concern.

The other thing I will say here is many people more intelligent than I have been trying to identify what radicalizes the "few" radicals. They offer up opinions but obviously have failed to identify the actual mechanism which is responsible. It is my opinion they will never find what they refuse to consider. The Politicians, Intellectuals, and Apologists insist on separating the theology from the behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2014, 10:51 AM
 
1,727 posts, read 1,082,597 times
Reputation: 531
Actually the number is between 15 and 25 percent, and then the overwhelming majority, who don't pull the trigger themselves, but sit back and watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top