Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 10:43 PM

591 posts, read 641,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Apparently we are using different sources of history.
Your source(Koran) praises the slaughter, enslavement, and rape of innocent Jews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 10:47 PM

591 posts, read 641,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Maybe he was reading the book of Joshua, in the Christian old testament. There, it seems God fairly regularly told his followers to kill all the men and take the women as sex slaves.
Show me where in the Bible it says that God told his people to kill all the men and take the women as sex slaves.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:25 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Show me where in the Bible it says that God told his people to kill all the men and take the women as sex slaves.
Too easy.

Numbers 31:17-18
New International Version (NIV)
17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:28 PM

Some context:

Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “You and Eleazar the priest and the heads of the fathers’ households of the congregation, take a count of the booty that was captured, both of man and of animal; and divide the booty between the warriors who went out to battle and all the congregation. “And levy a tax for the Lord from the men of war who went out to battle, one in five hundred of the persons and of the cattle and of the donkeys and of the sheep; take it from their half and give it to Eleazar the priest, as an offering to the Lord. “And from the sons of Israel’s half, you shall take one drawn out of every fifty of the persons, of the cattle, of the donkeys and of the sheep, from all the animals, and give them to the Levites who keep charge of the tabernacle of the Lord.” And Moses and Eleazar the priest did just as the Lord had commanded Moses. Now the booty that remained from the spoil which the men of war had plundered was 675,000 sheep, and 72,000 cattle, and 61,000 donkeys, and of human beings, of the women who had not known man intimately, all the persons were 32,000. And the half, the portion of those who went out to war, was as follows: the number of sheep was 337,500, and the Lord’s levy of the sheep was 675, and the cattle were 36,000, from which the Lord’s levy was 72. And the donkeys were 30,500, from which the Lord’s levy was 61. And the human beings were 16,000, from whom the Lord’s levy was 32 persons. And Moses gave the levy which was the Lord’s offering to Eleazar the priest, just as the Lord had commanded Moses. (Num 31.26ff)

Old 09-05-2011, 11:32 PM

Here's a cute story:

(Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

The Israelite assembly sent a peace delegation to the little remnant of Benjamin who were living at the rock of Rimmon. Then the men of Benjamin returned to their homes, and the four hundred women of Jabesh-gilead who were spared were given to them as wives. But there were not enough women for all of them. The people felt sorry for Benjamin because the LORD had left this gap in the tribes of Israel. So the Israelite leaders asked, "How can we find wives for the few who remain, since all the women of the tribe of Benjamin are dead? There must be heirs for the survivors so that an entire tribe of Israel will not be lost forever. But we cannot give them our own daughters in marriage because we have sworn with a solemn oath that anyone who does this will fall under God's curse."

Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem. They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards. When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife! And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, 'Please be understanding. Let them have your daughters, for we didn't find enough wives for them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'" So the men of Benjamin did as they were told. They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance. Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them. So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:34 PM

I could go on, but really Mohammad doesn't look so bad by comparison.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:35 PM

Just one more, then I'll stop:

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

And....
(Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city. (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

Old 09-06-2011, 04:46 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Too easy.

Numbers 31:17-18
New International Version (NIV)
17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
I can't wait to see how he explains that..if we don't simply get no response and the same idea posted in another thread a week later.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:07 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Ball Pean is OK. He is simply in Quixote mod and defending the world from the windmills he sees. From his posts it seems he spends a lot of time on the anti-Islamic sites, which explains where his views are coming from.

His methods may be bad, but at least his intentions are crude.

Over all I do believe he is sincere and actually believes the things he writes. I do have to admire his perseverance and dedication to do what he believes is right. I assume he is an adult and old enough and is wise enough to investigate his views from all perspectives. I feel he is speaking from a biased perspective and has never met a Muslim in person, but if it his desire to separate him self from a segment of humanity, that is his choice and I do not begrudge him his right to his opinions. He is who he is and his life choices affect only him.

His words do not bother me and I doubt if they have any more effect on the world than the size of the hole he leaves in the water after he gets out of the bath tub.

It is easy to ignore him, and that is probably the best option.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:16 AM

It's fairly rare to meet a Christian who actually knows what's in the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam