Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:18 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
yes women are FORCED to wear the symboll of opression called burkah. So dont deny that fact, and what about your muslim "ethics" on 9/11 when your muslim brothers killed 3000??? where was that "ethics" ???
Do you know that there were Muslims in that 3000. The WTC was home to many business from around the world. Have you ever read a list of the businesses destroyed? Look HERE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 12:18 PM

31,001 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Yes it does happen. It is related to the ancient cultural customs of some Nations and has no place in Islam. These atrocities are pretty much found only in the Mediterranean regions and is found among people of all religions in those areas not just Muslims it is country culture not Islam.
For many, Islamic culture as practiced in the Middle East is as representative as it gets and how it is practiced in America is diluted.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:15 PM

330 posts, read 599,050 times
Quote:
Do you know that there were Muslims in that 3000. The WTC was home to many business from around the world. Have you ever read a list of the businesses destroyed? Look HERE
So where is the apology by muslims for this act of 3000 murders, including a few muslims? Why dont muslims in the USA say or do ANYTHING? Where is the muslim movement for peace, not just in the USA but all over the planet?

Old 09-16-2011, 01:47 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
I'd like to know the answer to that as well, although whether or not the media would regard anything like a Muslim apology or good deeds by Muslims as newsworthy is another question.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:12 PM

330 posts, read 599,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I'd like to know the answer to that as well, although whether or not the media would regard anything like a Muslim apology or good deeds by Muslims as newsworthy is another question.
A million or so muslims marching in washington DC demanding an end to hamas, hezbolla, al-queda, all suicide bombings, an end to shia and sunni killing eachother, and end to "honour" killings? That would make the news all over the planet... but that is contrary to the barbaric nature of islam.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
A million or so muslims marching in washington DC demanding an end to hamas, hezbolla, al-queda, all suicide bombings, an end to shia and sunni killing eachother, and end to "honour" killings? That would make the news all over the planet... but that is contrary to the barbaric nature of islam.
Do you know how many anti-terroist protests we have world wide on almost a daily basis?

We are trying to make a dent in terrorism by those misusing the name of Muslim, but we get virtually no notice, by the media.

I try to keep my website updated as to our anti-terrorism activities, but here in the USA it is difficult to find any sources and most I find are not written in English. It would be pointless to post them.

But you can go to my website and see some of our efforts.

HERE and HERE and also HERE

A Million or so Muslims marching in Washington DC?

There are only 7 Million of us in the USA. It would be rather difficult to find 1 million that would have the time or finances to go to DC. There are 1209 Mosques in the USA attended by an estimated 2 Million Muslims.

SOURCE

It might be possible to get each Mosque to send 1 or 2 people for a DC protest. We could possibly raise 2,000 people for a March in DC. We used to get that many for our annual Peace March in Austin when I was living there.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 09-17-2011 at 06:02 AM..

Old 09-17-2011, 05:58 AM

Here are some of the Islamic Anti-Terrorism Associations in the USA

Muslims Against Terrorism (MAT)

Muslims against terrorism and extremism | Free Muslims Coalition

Muslims against Terrorism (http://www.islamfortoday.com/terrorism.htm - broken link)

Anti Terrorism

The American Muslim (TAM)

Old 09-20-2011, 11:11 AM

13 posts, read 16,089 times
I feel happy when they gave the rights, deposits for those who owned even if that honesty is just a needle and thread

Old 09-20-2011, 11:40 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marklle View Post
I feel happy when they gave the rights, deposits for those who owned even if that honesty is just a needle and thread
What are you smoking?

Old 09-20-2011, 04:24 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
It's nice to see that you followers of Islam use the No True Scotsman fallacy as adeptly as your Christian counterparts do. Millions of atrocities are committed against women in your precious Islam every year, by their devout Islamic brothers, fathers, uncles, cousins, husbands, and grandfathers. Deny it all you want, you're still lying about it.
Quote:
Yes it does happen. It is related to the ancient cultural customs of some Nations and has no place in Islam. These atrocities are pretty much found only in the Mediterranean regions and is found among people of all religions in those areas not just Muslims it is country culture not Islam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
For many, Islamic culture as practiced in the Middle East is as representative as it gets and how it is practiced in America is diluted.
Any apologist attempts to separate Islam into culture, religion, politics, whatever is not just disingenuous, it is deceptive. Islam is a DEEN that is comprehensive, period. There is zero separation. It is a totalitarian system of seditious, militaristic, conquest whose entire aim is the subjugation of every nation and pocket of humanity under Islamic Sharia Law, period. Its cultural atrocities are deeply embedded into the culture and lifestyles. It is an anachronistic, barbarous deen perpetuated in deliberate ignorance and deception. Truth is truth and my respect for Wood notwithstanding, I will not tolerate spreading lies and diminishing the threat and intentions of Islam . . . however naively motivated. Wood as he presents himself and his ideas here is no Muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam