U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:00 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,428,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAHmo View Post
i know that was acting
if Muslims are as capable of this type of bad behavior towards Jews when they view all Jews as somehow being responsible for Israel. also there are Jews do bad behavior towards Muslims i am not talking about this because there is fighting there is not attacks on Christians by Muslims like this [ i am not talking about terrorists] look i am with west if they Doubts me when i travel for firs time new in their country they have all the right but if i born there and all my live in the west but they continue to harm me that [ Against humanity] Turkish boat tried to get by a blockade set up to keep weapons from reaching hamas. what kind of weapons like this [url=http://board.ae.ikariam.com/152284-] are you with Israel when they attacked
My point is that as you seem to want this video to show that the muslims are being treated badly by people in the west because they are muslim. The video clearly shows that there are people who agree muslims should not be served but there are people who think the man behind the counter is wrong and are very verbal in defending the muslim woman.

My point is also to say to you that this behavior is also done to others by Muslims. To blame an entire group of people for the terror attacks against my country is wrong.

For Turkey to blame all Israelis for what their government does is wrong. We in democratic countries can vote in our elected officials that does not mean the person we voted for will win and we certainly don't have power over what our government does once in office. If that were the case our last president would never have been elected or gone to war.

I did not vote for him should I be held accountable for his behavior?

All Israelis did not vote for the PM of Israel.

And they found weapons on the boat, they also were met with extremists carrying weapons. There are docks that the boat could land to have the goods unloaded and taken to Gaza.

What the flotillas are doing is instigating. If Hamas was not sending rockets into Israel and was working towards peace the blockade would end and Gaza would see peace and prosperity. Even Egypt has had to again close Rafa since one of the Hamas rockets fell on the Rafa crossing.

To get back to the op though, what I am saying is that all muslims should not be treated badly because of the terrorism of some muslims, as other groups of people should not be treated badly because of the behavior of a few within their group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 10:43 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,913,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
How do they treat them? Alot better than Muslims treat Americans when in their countries.....
An argument pulled out of thin air. I have experienced hospitality of the kind you can't imagine here at home. Heck, I promise to show you some pictures from Muslim neighborhoods in India (a trip due next month), possibly visiting their largest mosque in the country as well.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAHmo View Post
really Have you ever visited a Muslim country i am living in Muslim country i know well how do we treat them We make no distinction we treat them really good

Here are news stories reporting violence against non muslims in muslim countries:

Christians targeted in Iraq attacks - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Christians targeted in attacks in Iraq

Christians under attack - Riz Khan - Al Jazeera English

discussion about rise of violence against Christians in middle east.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Here are news stories reporting violence against non muslims in muslim countries
I personally saw Americans demonstrating hate against anybody who appeared to them as a Muslim following 9/11 chaos. I'm also well aware of Catholics and Protestants going at it against each other, Hindus and Buddhists killing each other, Hindus and Muslims killing each other, Jews killing their own at times, and others... what does that prove? NOTHING more than that you're helping make the point of this thread... Americans hate Muslims (even American Muslims).

Old 09-15-2011, 11:55 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,297,298 times
ican only say that people are individuals. I spent nearly 10 years as a Christian Missionary throughout North Africa and the Mideast. At no time did Iever feel threatened or intimidated. I found open hospitality every place Iwent.

Here in the USA as a Muslim I have lived in Texas, South Dakota, Minnesota and North Dakota. Texas was the most hospitable to Muslims,especially in the Austin area. In the Dakotas we first met problems because my wife is Native American. Later when it became well known that we are Muslim, the abuse has been directed against us because we are Muslim The people who have been and continue to be abusive are few, Probably no more than 10 people have personally, about another 15 by telephone, email and regular hate mail. Some of the threats have been quite violent. Current thing is a few death threats that we have turned over to Law enforcement. But in fairness the stores we usually shop in and the places we usually go are hospitable. One small town has made it well known they do not want any Muslims in the town, even those just passing through. Yet people in other towns have sent us warm greetings and sent us letters of peace and letting us know that the little town of xxxx does not represent North Dakota.

My wife and myself are somewhat high profile. We have been in the Newspapers and on the radio a few times, usually not very flattering stories, one recent one was quite hateful and carried a lot of half truths. Quite a few people know us by sight and where we live. Perhaps others who lead a more quiet life have not attracted the same level of hostility.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 09-15-2011 at 12:05 PM..

Old 09-15-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I personally saw Americans demonstrating hate against anybody who appeared to them as a Muslim following 9/11 chaos. I'm also well aware of Catholics and Protestants going at it against each other, Hindus and Buddhists killing each other, Hindus and Muslims killing each other, Jews killing their own at times, and others... what does that prove? NOTHING more than that you're helping make the point of this thread... Americans hate Muslims (even American Muslims).
no I am trying to show that as the original poster was trying to show that Americans treat Muslims unjustly as the guy behind the counter would not serve a muslim and there were those who supported that and those who defended her.

I simply wanted to point out that as muslims often feel that we in the west hate muslims and Islam there are instances of this behavior in muslim countries.

There are those in the west who don't like Islam and there are those in the east who don't like non muslims.

Its not hate mongering but trying to put some balance here.

It does concern me that the video had arabic translations so if this was a video that is being show to a predominately muslim middle eastern audience then I would like to see balance.

And yes I have seen Americans protesting against muslims and Islam and I have seen muslims protesting against the west, democracy and non muslims.

There is bigotry on both sides, that is what I am trying to show.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
no I am trying to show that as the original poster was trying to show that Americans treat Muslims unjustly as the guy behind the counter would not serve a muslim and there were those who supported that and those who defended her.
I don't doubt that, having noticed the attitude of many, in person and in these boards. If you believe that Muslims aren't being pointed out in America as Jews were in the early 20th century, Catholics in late 19th century... more power to you. Heck, nothing demonstrates that better than the political drama right before elections last year. Remember that "9/11 mosque" hoopla by the idiots?

Forget about BEING a Muslim, working for Al Jazeera itself can afford you "special" treatment.

Welcome to Texas! Unless you're Al Jazeera (http://blogs.aljazeera.net/americas/2011/09/04/welcome-texas-unless-youre-al-jazeera - broken link)

Old 09-15-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I don't doubt that, having noticed the attitude of many, in person and in these boards. If you believe that Muslims aren't being pointed out in America as Jews were in the early 20th century, Catholics in late 19th century... more power to you. Heck, nothing demonstrates that better than the political drama right before elections last year. Remember that "9/11 mosque" hoopla by the idiots?

Forget about BEING a Muslim, working for Al Jazeera itself can afford you "special" treatment.

Welcome to Texas! Unless you're Al Jazeera (http://blogs.aljazeera.net/americas/2011/09/04/welcome-texas-unless-youre-al-jazeera - broken link)

I have no doubt that muslims face difficulty as folks before them. Before 9/11 not so much after 9/11 absolutely. The violence of 9/11 and the continuing violence of the extremists are responsible for that.

But there is a difference that didn't come with the previous immigrations. The violence towards others both against Muslims and non muslims.

As long as people feel like they are at war with Islam and muslims and as long as there is the view that Islam and the west are not compatible there will be problems.

As long as the Muslim population is seen as not wanting to assimilate and be a integrated part of the west there will be problems.

When there is fear of the unknown there will be knee jerk reactions.

But I will say I think if terrorism had come and been carried out by any of the previous immigrations the same fear would exist, and it would be directed at the group carrying out the terror.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:55 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,784,630 times
How do you suppose people would treat each other is no religion existed? Religion is the root cause of this.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
As long as people feel like they are at war with Islam and muslims and as long as there is the view that Islam and the west are not compatible there will be problems.
And vice versa. No? If you only accuse one side, then you're helping prove the point in OP.
Quote:
As long as the Muslim population is seen as not wanting to assimilate and be a integrated part of the west there will be problems.
And therein lies the problem. Why can't people maintain their individual freedoms much less in a land that certainly talks loudly about it?

Quote:
But I will say I think if terrorism had come and been carried out by any of the previous immigrations the same fear would exist, and it would be directed at the group carrying out the terror.
Yeah, but consider why 9/11 happened. It wasn't because some Muslims (if not "all Muslims") thought that America should be punished because they couldn't find another target.

Oh, and time and time again, violence has found refuge within religions. It also happens to be the force that kick started the population of what we now call the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam