U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 11:54 AM

70 posts, read 76,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Here are news stories reporting violence against non muslims in muslim countries:

Christians targeted in Iraq attacks - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Christians targeted in attacks in Iraq

Christians under attack - Riz Khan - Al Jazeera English

discussion about rise of violence against Christians in middle east.
Do not believe rise of violence against Christians in middle east who attacked from terrorism [ Gangsters ] i heard there are places in america if the people passed of these places are stealing some of the sometimes kill them these thing you will find it in every country
in 2010 happened bomb in Playground ball in my country while there is no from Christians or from west they killed Muslim and the terrorism Threat us they will bombing in the Finalists game of football while all of us Muslims in this days there is war between the terrorism and Army in [abyn] south of Yemen search about this if you did not believe they destroy the houses of people do not think violence against Christians even against Muslims in our countries
there are many people from west in Muslims countries we treat them really well
i want to ask you have you ever been in Muslim country

Last edited by ashkarloveALLAHmo; 09-16-2011 at 12:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 12:07 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,430,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The problem is the general population tends to group the actions of some people as the actions of all of Islam. The result being some people now see all Muslims as being something to be hated.

The solution is that we all need to learn is that each person is an individual and the actions of a few does not mean it represents all.

It is a 2 way street on the other side we Muslims need to see that because some Americans hate all Muslims does not mean all Americans do.

Woodrow you would be correct in that the terrorism coming from the extremists who are muslim has been difficult because it has been linked to Islam. The extremists have done that by using the Qur'an to justify the terrorism and every time they say allahu akhbar before they start killing the connection is again made.

If Christians were using the Bible to justify killing and yelling Praise G-d before starting to kill I think the same connection would be made.

But the problem is compounded by the fact that most of the Muslims come from a part of the world where the customs, dress and culture are very different and that adds a whole layer of mistrust.

It has become a East vs West problem.

But the 2 years I was active with the local mosque I saw this all the time. The attitude that the West was bad and the East good. That Islam was better and other religions not so good.

And you are correct it is a 2 way street.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The reason I wanted you to address "why were we attacked" has to do with the hatred of Muslims, which goes back to the premise of the OP. You're among those who is engaging in religious warfare, and since Muslims attacked America, the hatred and concern is justified... the proper reasoning on WHY we were attacked be damned.

God.

Your the one who keeps insisting I hate muslims, even though I have said more then once that the actions of the man in the video were wrong and that this behavior happens on both sides to both Muslims and Christians.

But you say I am engaging in religious warfare. I actually am not but to each his own and you have a right to your opinion.

And again if you want to open a new thread as a political thread the religion thread is not the place.

You know what the op is and it is not about the reasons for the violence it is about the treatment of a muslim women at a store, nothing more.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:15 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,308,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yep, I agree with the reasons above. And most anybody who does well is integrated into their enviorment and wants to maintain the status quo.

Bringing Impoverished people into this country will most like yield results similar to what Europe is seeing. Right, wrong or indifferent, poor immigrants will feel cheated, the poor locals will feel feel left out, the rest of us will feel indifferent until we feel threatened to the point of retaliation. I'm sure we will not became a Syria or Egypt but we could see riots like the UK.
Poverty does breed anger and when the poverty seems to be limited to one group it breeds hatred and results in riots. We have had riots in the past. Most remembered were the Race riots of the 1960s but we also had them with Chinese, Irish, Vietnamese etc.

Poverty may be a greater cause of terrorism, than religion.

I see the probability of Riots in a few of our larger cities.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:19 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,929,762 times
Quote:
Your the one who keeps insisting I hate muslims, even though I have said more then once that the actions of the man in the video were wrong and that this behavior happens on both sides to both Muslims and Christians.
I don't have to insist, just point at the hypocrisy to prove it.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I don't have to insist, just point at the hypocrisy to prove it.

whatever.........

Old 09-16-2011, 12:37 PM

70 posts, read 76,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How do you suppose people would treat each other is no religion existed? Religion is the root cause of this.
no deary [S]
the wrong from people not in Religion especially Islam please compare between [ Crimes, adultery and illegal children and the number of suicides ,,,,] in muslim country and in the west
i suppose people should treat each other by rules of Islam because it is perfect Comprehensive of all transactions between the people Religious or not Religious you can not find any bad treat for the people in Islam

Old 09-16-2011, 04:02 PM

19,869 posts, read 14,745,742 times
Quote:
If Christians were using the Bible to justify killing and yelling Praise G-d before starting to kill I think the same connection would be made.
I could never quite figure that one out? Where are all the Chrsitians blowing up Mosques, food bazzars and busses? The old Testiment has all sorts of killing and terrible things going on it. Plenty that can be misconstrued even more so than in the Quran?

Old 09-16-2011, 04:30 PM

19,869 posts, read 14,745,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAHmo View Post
no deary [S]
the wrong from people not in Religion especially Islam please compare between [ Crimes, adultery and illegal children and the number of suicides ,,,,] in muslim country and in the west
i suppose people should treat each other by rules of Islam because it is perfect Comprehensive of all transactions between the people Religious or not Religious you can not find any bad treat for the people in Islam
Islam never kept Iraq and Iran from killing a couple of million people during their war. Never protected the Muslim Kurds. Then theres Black September. If it is the religion of peace you would think they would be more peaceful.

Like I have said elswhere, maybe the majorty of the peaceful Muslims are located in the US.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 09-16-2011 at 05:38 PM..

Old 09-16-2011, 05:43 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,308,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Islam never kept Iraq and Iran from killing a couple of million people during their war. Never protected the Muslim Kurds. Then theres Black September. If it is the religian of peace you would think they would be more peaceful.

Like I have said elswhere, maybe the majorty of the peaceful Muslims are located in the US.
It is all a matter of perspective as to who is a terrorist and who is a defender.

To the residents of Afghanistan and Iraq the USA aircraft are aggressors and terrorists, to the American public they are noble defenders of democracy fighting terrorism.

Those who fight the foreigners on the soil of Iraq and Afghanistan are seen as freedoms fighters and defenders of their nation by the people living there, but to the Foreign troops they are seen as terrorists.

Point of view is the difference between who is a terrorist and who is a defender and protector.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam