Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:29 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
9/11 was a planned attack on America by attacking the twin towers by Al Qaeda led by Osama Bin Laden carried out by Saudi citizens. I don't care why it happened, it was an attack against innocent civilians and a barbaric act.
And you believe religion was the motivation here, for both or one side?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 08:14 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And you believe religion was the motivation here, for both or one side?
My country was attacked by Muslim extremists. They attacked us first, we are at war with Islamic extremists and as long as that exists then we are not at peace.

I believe religion was used as a justification and what they want to do is to spread a 7th century form of Islam, specifically Salafi Islam and to install the caliphate. Whether they disagree with the policies of my country attacking innocents is never ok.

The day they sent 2 airplanes and killed 3000 people any justification went out the window.

And you can disagree but that is how I see it.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
My country was attacked by Muslim extremists. They attacked us first, we are at war with Islamic extremists and as long as that exists then we are not at peace.
And there in lies the problem. Despite your attempts to dismiss the OP, you're proving the point in the OP, again. I'm sure you would be among those who didn't like the idea of the Norwegian idiot being labeled a Christian extremist. He was a Christian after all. Should the world start seeing any crime as being religion driven now? Or, would you prefer to pick and choose as you feel appropriate?

Quote:
I believe religion was used as a justification and what they want to do is to spread a 7th century form of Islam...
I think you will be better served understanding WHY we were attacked than engage in a religious warfare. Heck, that will serve this country well. Besides, I'm also sure that these extremists would never kill a Muslim. No?

Old 09-16-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
And there in lies the problem. Despite your attempts to dismiss the OP, you're proving the point in the OP, again. I'm sure you would be among those who didn't like the idea of the Norwegian idiot being labeled a Christian extremist. He was a Christian after all. Should the world start seeing any crime as being religion driven now? Or, would you prefer to pick and choose as you feel appropriate?

I think you will be better served understanding WHY we were attacked than engage in a religious warfare. Heck, that will serve this country well. Besides, I'm also sure that these extremists would never kill a Muslim. No?

No, you would be wrong he was an extremist who was Christian. The extremists who attacked the twin towers were extremists who were muslim. I don't have any issue as to how he was labeled.

As to why we were attacked, any reasonable conversation ended with the terror attacks. People who do that aren't interested in conversation.

People who kill children at a camp on an island after they blew up a building.
People who firebomb churches.
People who take away the right of girls to go to school and attack them when they do.
People who kidnap and behead.
People who blow them selves up in a room full of innocents.
People who shoot rockets into civilian areas.
People who fly planes into buildings are not interested on a conversation.
People who firebomb abortion clinics.

But I will again restate as I have through out this thread:

The way the man behind the counter treated the Muslim women was wrong. And I will again restate that it happens not only to Muslims, it happens to others too, and when someone is treated differently because of their religion it is wrong.

Last edited by Jazzymom; 09-16-2011 at 08:37 AM..

Old 09-16-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
No, you would be wrong he was an extremist who was Christian. The extremists who attacked the twin towers were extremists who were muslim. I don't have any issue as to how he was labeled.
Hence my point. If extremists involved on 9/11 must be identified as Muslims, you should be doing that with any act of extremism and crime when a Christian is involved. Yet, I doubt you are capable of being that consistent.

Quote:
As to why we were attacked, any reasonable conversation ended with the terror attacks. People who do that aren't interested in conversation. People who kidnap and behead, people who blow them selves up in a room full of innocents, people who shoot rockets into civilian areas, People who fly planes into buildings are not interested on a conversation.
What is your understanding about... why were we attacked? Let me hear that.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Hence my point. If extremists involved on 9/11 must be identified as Muslims, you should be doing that with any act of extremism and crime when a Christian is involved. Yet, I doubt you are capable of being that consistent.

The op

is How do Americans treat Muslims
this video really Frightened me is that Religious freedom in america i Do not deny some of them were very respectable but the other really

Not why we were attacked. If you want to open that thread go over to the politics area and open it up.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:54 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Who pray tell brought down the Twin Towers etc.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:14 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:

As to why we were attacked, any reasonable conversation ended with the terror attacks. People who do that aren't interested in conversation. People who kidnap and behead, people who blow them selves up in a room full of innocents, people who shoot rockets into civilian areas, People who fly planes into buildings are not interested on a conversation.

But I will again restate as I have through out this thread:

The way the man behind the counter treated the Muslim women was wrong. And I will again restate that it happens not only to Muslims, it happens to others too, and when someone is treated differently because of their religion it is wrong.
The problem is the general population tends to group the actions of some people as the actions of all of Islam. The result being some people now see all Muslims as being something to be hated.

The solution is that we all need to learn is that each person is an individual and the actions of a few does not mean it represents all.

It is a 2 way street on the other side we Muslims need to see that because some Americans hate all Muslims does not mean all Americans do.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
The op

is How do Americans treat Muslims
this video really Frightened me is that Religious freedom in america i Do not deny some of them were very respectable but the other really

Not why we were attacked. If you want to open that thread go over to the politics area and open it up.
The reason I wanted you to address "why were we attacked" has to do with the hatred of Muslims, which goes back to the premise of the OP. You're among those who is engaging in religious warfare, and since Muslims attacked America, the hatred and concern is justified... the proper reasoning on WHY we were attacked be damned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Who pray tell brought down the Twin Towers etc.
God.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:44 AM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:

As far as I know the Terrorist are usually screaming "Allah Akbar" as they are flying their planes, bombing churches, bombing Mosques and killing others based on there religious belief. As I pointed out before when Christians start blowing up Mosques screaming "Jesus Saves" Muslims will see why "We" the rest of the world see Islam as a threat.
We look at Islam as a Religion that can not even live in peace within itself. Like many have said here Islam is probably at the point Christianity was at during the time of the Inquisition.

I don't view Islam on a whole is really much different than Judaism or Christianity. But in the way that it is practiced by many it is a threat to itself and to the rest of the world, whether the enemy be identified as secularist, Buddhist, Hindus, Jewish or Christian. We all see it as a threat because we see people who attack us screaming their Deities name when they blow their selves up. I don't see the Timothy Mcvays of the world doing that?

Quote:
Maybe we should have sat down with Bin Laden or one of his crazy groupies to understand him a little better? I can see the conversation now: "Say Bin, why do you send people to attack us?". "Oh, you don't like us supporting Israel or having bases in Saudi Arabia". "Well, we will just stop supporting the Israelis and pull our bases and planes out of Saudi Arabia.". "Will that make you happy?".
Of course trying to understand a crazy person and a religious Zealot is impossible.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 09-16-2011 at 09:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam