U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 02:14 PM

148 posts, read 263,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup Eli View Post
Peace brother 'a slave to Allah'

I hope that your prayers are being answered. Because I too want greater peace within to be for the people of the world because we are all in it for this one time.

Too bad death happens too many times to count.

Make your life count by being one at peace. God is one and I don't think we can find him entirely in death.

That's my thoughts on this matter.

Thanks.
Peace brother 'Pup Eli'

Thanks for the kind post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 03:15 PM

52 posts, read 47,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I try to read or at least listen to one Jus of the Qur'an daily. the Qur'an not a translation, The Qur'an is divided into 30 Jus so each month the complete Qur'an is read. I have still not seen any place where we are commanded to kill anybody. Except in warfare if attacked and there is no other way to stop the attack.

TheReligionofPeace - The Top 10 Reasons Why Islam is NOT a Religion of Peace

Old 09-24-2011, 10:59 PM

148 posts, read 263,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post
I hope these questions will help us to achieve peace. by God's Will.

I just advice myself and my brothers and sisters here (non muslims especially) to get out of the problems and conflicts with us for a while (at least), and think freely of the following:

1. Do you have the right to control what you own as you wish?

2. Is it right for any country to search for terrorists and kill them?

3. What is the reference for huminity that must be followed to know what is right and what is wrong, what is good and what is bad?

4. What is justice? What is the result of opposing it?

May Allah doesn't block us from His Light, eventhough we deserve such punishment as we are sinners and not sincere in seeking the truth.

And if All‚h were to seize mankind for their wrong-doing, He would not leave on it (the earth) a single moving (living) creature, but He postpones them for an appointed term and when their term comes, neither can they delay nor can they advance it an hour. (61) [Quran:Ch.16]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
1. Yes, I believe that I SHOULD have the right to control what I own as I wish. Government says otherwise.
2. Muslim countries do this as well
3. People can generally agree on things that are right and wrong on their own, without the help of a book that was written by MEN.
People can generally agree on a book on their own, without the help of a suggestion report that was written by MEN.

4. I have no good answer for this because that's one of those questions that will be different for eveyone.
Thanks JordanJP for the answers. I was waiting for more people to answer as well, but since there is non after yours, I will put mine.
My answer for these Qs:

1. Yes.
As a muslim, I believe in my Creator and accept His right to do whatever He wishes on me. Moreover, I believe that the owner of Earth has the right to put His rules on living over it and we should stick to these rules regardless wheather we like it or not.
Now the Owner of Earth is my Creator, and so the obedience is more must.
FACT: we all are disobedients and transgressors who deserve to be thrown out. Yet, God is very Merciful.

2. Sometimes.

3. The guidlines of the Creator of huminity.

4. Justice is revenge for the truth. The result of opposing justice is destruction. No life without justice.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:02 AM

4,558 posts, read 5,404,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
How does sanitizing the fanaticism by changing the title change the level of fanaticism?

Sweeping it under the carpet doesn't change a damn thing.
Even if it was a magic carpet...

Old 11-02-2011, 11:17 AM

205 posts, read 347,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Allaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh is The Peeeeeeeaaaaaaaaccce

AND.....if you disbelieve this claim they will publicly take your head off.
watch
Walid Shoebat gives an accurate "666"explanation. - YouTube

Old 11-02-2011, 01:05 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr jack View Post

Mr Shoebat does not seem to have much credibility among the people who know him.

A google search of him can be quite interesting.

thing about one thought. He has not been denied admission into either Canada or the USA. Both of which refuse admission to former terrorists. Even the Jeruselem post says that the acts of Terrorism Shoebat claims to have been involved in have never occurred.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:24 PM

4,558 posts, read 5,404,009 times
"shoebat"

Old 11-02-2011, 01:44 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,536,331 times
I notice that all the adherents of Islam who post here lose most of their tolerance (and the peaceful words all vanish in the breeze) as soon as someone mentions the word "Israel." Then all of a sudden all they're interested in is retribution consisting of death on a large scale.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:37 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,984,404 times
Or when the matter of certain caricatures of Muhammad is mentioned.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:54 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I notice that all the adherents of Islam who post here lose most of their tolerance (and the peaceful words all vanish in the breeze) as soon as someone mentions the word "Israel." Then all of a sudden all they're interested in is retribution consisting of death on a large scale.
Depends. I do find Israel a sore spot. Although I am not anti Jewish. Technically I am aJew at least in the concept of Judaism that being Jew is hereditary as my Great Grand mother on my Mother's side was a Jew from Warsaw who converted to Catholocism in the 1800s which meant her daughter was Jewish and her daughter my mother's mother would have been Jewish, making my Mother Jewish and subsequently myself also. Even though I have never practiced Judaism nor accepted the teachings of it.

But Israel is a sore topic to myself as I have quite a few Palestinian friends and see the plight of the Palestinians as being the same as the plight of the Lakotah I now live amongst.

That does not mean I hate Jews. But I do consider the formation of Israel as having been a gigantic mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Or when the matter of certain caricatures of Muhammad is mentioned.
Perhaps it is because we see or believe they are done with the intent of arousing anger. I do not advocate any violence towards those who do such cartoons, but I do feel I have a right to criticize them and express my dislike of them in any legal. peaceful manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or