Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 01:05 PM

148 posts, read 294,219 times

Advertisements

He is Allah, there is no god but He; Knower of the unseen and the seen. He is the Compassionate, the Merciful. (22) He is Allah, there is no god but He, the King, the Holy, the Author of Safety, the Peace, the Protector, the Mighty, the Mender, the Majestic. Hallowed be Allah from all that they associate! (23) He is Allah, the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner; His are the excellent names. Him hallowes whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth, and He is the Mighty, the Wise. (24)

Prophet Mohammad, peace be upon him, used to say after each prayer:

"Allahumma Anta Assalam, wa minka Assalam. Tabarakta yathal Jalali wal Ekram"

"O Allah! You are the Peace, and from You comes the peace. Blessed be You! O Owner of Majesty and Nobility"

So the Hell is to be away from God.

I would like to ask our christian brothers and sisters if they believe the same about God or not? Other religions are also invited to this celebration and discussion.

Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 01:40 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Allaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh is The Peeeeeeeaaaaaaaaccce

AND.....if you disbelieve this claim they will publicly take your head off.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:01 PM

44,353 posts, read 20,059,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post
He is Allah, there is no god but He; Knower of the unseen and the seen. He is the Compassionate, the Merciful. (22) He is Allah, there is no god but He, the King, the Holy, the Author of Safety, the Peace, the Protector, the Mighty, the Mender, the Majestic. Hallowed be Allah from all that they associate! (23) He is Allah, the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner; His are the excellent names. Him hallowes whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth, and He is the Mighty, the Wise. (24)

"O Allah! You are the Peace, and from You comes the peace. Blessed be You! O Owner of Majesty and Nobility"

I would like to ask our christian brothers and sisters if they believe the same about God or not? Other religions are also invited to this celebration and discussion.

Peace.
Yes. God/Allah is all Goodness and Peace. Hell is separation from God. Heaven is being connected to God. In that respect, I feel that I am already in heaven.

God wants peace for His children; not discord and fighting. Every religious sect has members who do not understand or subscribe to its prime tenets of peace and love for all humankind. They are the ones who cause discord and hatred in the world. Surely it saddens God when some are misguided and led astray to preach hatred and violence. God wants peace for all of us, regardless of our national origin, ethnicity or religious denomination.

May God bless you and give you peace.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Allaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh is The Peeeeeeeaaaaaaaaccce

AND.....if you disbelieve this claim they will publicly take your head off.
There are a lot of disbelievers I know. I have'nt even think to take their hair off. I feel sorry for them.

Read the Quran to know more about Islam. Don't read the muslims as they are not different than you. We just believe in the following:

Those who listen to the saying and follow the best thereof. Those are (the ones) whom Allâh has guided and those are men of understanding. (18)

Old 09-17-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Yes. God/Allah is all Goodness and Peace. Hell is separation from God. Heaven is being connected to God. In that respect, I feel that I am already in heaven.

God wants peace for His children; not discord and fighting. Every religious sect has members who do not understand or subscribe to its prime tenets of peace and love for all humankind. They are the ones who cause discord and hatred in the world. Surely it saddens God when some are misguided and led astray to preach hatred and violence. God wants peace for all of us, regardless of our national origin, ethnicity or religious denomination.

Thank you dear PJ8 for your clarifications.

I agree with you that God want peace for all of us, but it is us who isolate ourselves from Him by disbelief.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:53 PM

617 posts, read 696,859 times
for that, the greeting of Islam was " peace be upon you"

(hen you enter the houses, greet one another with a greeting from Allâh (i.e. say: As-Salâmu 'Alaikum - peace be on you) blessed and good. Thus Allâh makes clear the Ayât (these Verses or your religious symbols and signs, etc.) to you that you may understand)The Noble Qur'an An-Nur 24:61

(hen those who believe in Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) come to you, say: "Salâmun 'Alaikum" (peace be on you); your Lord has written Mercy for Himself, so that, if any of you does evil in ignorance, and thereafter repents and does righteous good deeds (by obeying Allâh), then surely, He is Oft­Forgiving, Most Merciful) The Noble Qur'an Al-An'am 6:54

thanks my brother may Allah reward you

Old 09-17-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
for that, the greeting of Islam was " peace be upon you"

(hen you enter the houses, greet one another with a greeting from Allâh (i.e. say: As-Salâmu 'Alaikum - peace be on you) blessed and good. Thus Allâh makes clear the Ayât (these Verses or your religious symbols and signs, etc.) to you that you may understand)The Noble Qur'an An-Nur 24:61

(hen those who believe in Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) come to you, say: "Salâmun 'Alaikum" (peace be on you); your Lord has written Mercy for Himself, so that, if any of you does evil in ignorance, and thereafter repents and does righteous good deeds (by obeying Allâh), then surely, He is Oft­Forgiving, Most Merciful) The Noble Qur'an Al-An'am 6:54

thanks my brother may Allah reward you
Hi weaam,

thanks for your positive participation.

May Allah reward you, too.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:51 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Hmmm... right from the first post here, I smell "Islamic Proselytizing" with a capital "P", but then the OP covers his bases by asking a silly meaningless question at the end.

Please... stop with the endless, mindless and irritating C&Ps from your book. It only serves to humor or anger us, since it's not applicable to the real and modern world around us, and it requires an abject and blindered acceptance of the Q'Ran as unequivocably accurate and truthful. Which, of course, we can show it not to be.

Peace, brother, from a proud infidel. Oh and... "Noooooooooooooooooooooo He's Nooooooooooooooooohhhhttt!"

Last edited by rifleman; 09-17-2011 at 07:07 PM..

Old 09-17-2011, 07:19 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post

Peace.

you talk about allah and peace....??? yet you say you are "a (slave) to allah.. SLAVERY is a living hell<<< &>>>> PEACE is heavenly... the two are total opposites....

Slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia you should change your screen name bro.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Hmmm... right from the first post here, I smell "Islamic Proselytizing" with a capital "P", but then the OP covers his bases by asking a silly meaningless question at the end.

Please... stop with the endless, mindless and irritating C&Ps from your book. It only serves to humor or anger us, since it's not applicable to the real and modern world around us, and it requires an abject and blindered acceptance of the Q'Ran as unequivocably accurate and truthful. Which, of course, we can show it not to be.

Peace, brother, from a proud infidel.
Peace, brother, from a non proud infidel.

I am not proud because I don't own my own heart.

I cannot decide to stay awake for more than 24 hours.

I need a lot of things that are different than me to stand up for life.

I was born ignorant, not as you knowledgable, and then I needed to trust some people who told me that there are atoms out there composing our body eventhough I haven't seen them.

That is why I am not proud over people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam