Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 10:02 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Desertsun, I looked at a website about the Koran, and it only had 114 chapters.

You referenced something from chapter 116. Did you make a mistake?
He did not quote that from the Qur'an. It is from one or more of several Hate blogs and called "Lost surahs of the Qur'an"

A cut and paste job from any of these hate blogs.

How does an innocent boy grow into a hate-filled terrorist? « Bare Naked Islam

Western Defence: Lost Verses of the Holy Q'uran

Musings of a pig called Allah

TigerHawk

Gates of Vienna: We Think Carefully But We’re Not Yielding

this next one is not a hate site per se, but the same was posted in the comments section:

DutchReport: Judge: Mohammed isn't a pedophile

The hate mongers will do what they can to get a reaction out of us and than point a finger and say we are radicals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 10:11 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,243,775 times
Dear Slave of Allah,
May I please have a clarification of the purpose of your post? You asked Christians and other religious peoples if we believe in the same God as Allah. In order to answer this, I need to know the intent of your post. So, let me ask a few questions.

Are you a terrorist? Are you just wanting everyone to believe in God or Allah? Or are you trying to convert all religions to worship of Allah, and not God or Christ or Buddah? Do you think most people are in ruin and need religion to reach peace?

See, I know about Allah and Muhammed and the Qu'ran, and I am a Christian and know about God and Christ and the Old and New Testament, and the Jewish belief in God but not Christ, and so forth with all religions. Pretty much everybody has a religion that helps them be kind to their fellow man, and in general to stay on the path of righteousness until we move to a higher spiritual level or go to Heaven or to Paradise. So, this is why I ask, what is the purpose of your post?

What do you want to discuss and what do you want to convince us of and who would you persuade to do what? Please tell us what brought you here to discuss religion? I am not being off-putting. Rather I want to know your intent before I might reply. By the way, the Christian God is a God of Peace, among other things, just like Allah.
GG

Old 09-19-2011, 10:39 AM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Allaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh is The Peeeeeeeaaaaaaaaccce

Actually, I firmly believe that all of the gods are fictitious.
And you have found freedom from being controlled by others! I find it amazing that these Ancients are still controlling mankind to this day.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimac View Post
Dear Slave of Allah,
May I please have a clarification of the purpose of your post? You asked Christians and other religious peoples if we believe in the same God as Allah. In order to answer this, I need to know the intent of your post. So, let me ask a few questions.

Are you a terrorist? Are you just wanting everyone to believe in God or Allah? Or are you trying to convert all religions to worship of Allah, and not God or Christ or Buddah? Do you think most people are in ruin and need religion to reach peace?

See, I know about Allah and Muhammed and the Qu'ran, and I am a Christian and know about God and Christ and the Old and New Testament, and the Jewish belief in God but not Christ, and so forth with all religions. Pretty much everybody has a religion that helps them be kind to their fellow man, and in general to stay on the path of righteousness until we move to a higher spiritual level or go to Heaven or to Paradise. So, this is why I ask, what is the purpose of your post?

What do you want to discuss and what do you want to convince us of and who would you persuade to do what? Please tell us what brought you here to discuss religion? I am not being off-putting. Rather I want to know your intent before I might reply. By the way, the Christian God is a God of Peace, among other things, just like Allah.
GG
I do not know the OP's intent. But my intent is to let people know the truth about Islam. We are probably the most misunderstood and most hated of religions. Much because of unwarranted lies spread about us. some of the lies are really just simple misunderstandings. Others such as the book with the Fake Surahs are deliberate fabrications.

We worship the same god of Abraham, Isaac, Moses, Jesus(PBUT) as is worshiped by Christians, Jews and Sabians. In beliefs we are closest to the Christians and in practice we are closest to the Jews as we believe the old scriptures still apply to us.

As a Muslim I am under obligation to let people know I am Muslim and to be available to answer any questions I can about Islam. Also I am not to waste my time or another person's time by trying to lead somebody to Islam if he is not interested. I am obligated to do my best to correct any errors people may have about us.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,204 times
..some said that there is no God,there is no heaven or hell cause you havent seen them,smell them,feel them or hear them...some said that things all happened cause naturalistic way of the world therefore there is no GOD,,well,,,if you say to us that there is no GOD,,,cause we havent seen,,heard,,feel or smell him and we only beleive in GOD through faith...well,,I tell you...do you believe to your prof.'s lessons???,,,,your might be yes!,,,,,well I asked you once again...how do you know if that lessons of prof.'s of yours were true??,,did you know where it came from,,did you see it,,heard,,feel or smell it..???,,,,,,,,so how do you believe tou your prof.'s lessons???,,,by having FAITH and trust in him,,its the same principle of having FAITH and TRUST to God!!!

Peace be with us ...

Old 09-19-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryphaul View Post
..some said that there is no God,there is no heaven or hell cause you havent seen them,smell them,feel them or hear them...some said that things all happened cause naturalistic way of the world therefore there is no GOD,,well,,,if you say to us that there is no GOD,,,cause we havent seen,,heard,,feel or smell him and we only beleive in GOD through faith...well,,I tell you...do you believe to your prof.'s lessons???,,,,your might be yes!,,,,,well I asked you once again...how do you know if that lessons of prof.'s of yours were true??,,did you know where it came from,,did you see it,,heard,,feel or smell it..???,,,,,,,,so how do you believe tou your prof.'s lessons???,,,by having FAITH and trust in him,,its the same principle of having FAITH and TRUST to God!!!

Peace be with us ...
Except for my Christian Past I never had any formal religious teachings. I came to learn of Islam through searching and actually trying to fight against Islam. I feel it was a Miracle Islam found me as I was not looking for Islam.

On personal experience I am absolutely convinced the Qur'an could not have been written by a Human. It is truly the word of God(swt), and repeated through Muhammad(PBUH)

It would take a very long off topic post to explain why I believe the Qur'an is the Actual word of God(swt). You can check out my life story here if you desire: Hmm... Let's try that again - Protected Pearls

But since I know the Qur'an is the word of God(swt) I know it is the truth.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:58 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
my origin is Adam and Eve and the end to Allah

tell me about your origin and to whom they end.
Hmmm... I don't understand your question. Please clarify: my origin, and "to whom they end"???

Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post
I don't want to terminate you. You are my brothers in huminity. I just love that you will be exposed eternally to the Light of The Peace. Not only in this short life.

We all live between hope and fear. We cannot hide this reality.
Hope and fear are our 2 wings in the body of love to fly to Allaaaaahhhh.
If you have no love, you cannot have wings to fly.
Peace.
Perhaps you assume that atheists are incapable of loving others? Perhaps you assume we know little or nothing o love for our families or fellow man?

Please do realize that many of the Alliance & US troops in Iraq & AFG are not Christian, but are instead atheists. They are fighting only for their love of country and/or their sense of duty, plus a free and willing devotion to their fellow free men and women. They are in no way Christian Crusaders any more, or never were. Yeah, that nut-ball George W. Bush perhaps was, but the young men & women who his staff so stupidly and arrogantly sent over there? Certainly they are not all Christians, by a long shot! Unlike the in-country insurgents and "regular" citizens there who for sure seem to be almost entirely practicing Muslims, with an unbending dedication to Allah!

Now, since I do, in fact, have love, peace, education and facts in my heart and on my mind, I have more than two wings to fly on. I'm perhaps like the dragonfly, with 4 wings! An acrobat, both intellectually, and in the air, spiritually!

Google Images

Peace, Tolerance and Respect.....

Re: the idea of killing the infidel, weamm notes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
This only exists in your concept
So then, I'll first note this peaceful advisory from Woodrow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

As a Muslim I am under obligation to let people know I am Muslim and to be available to answer any questions I can about Islam. Also I am not to waste my time or another person's time by trying to lead somebody to Islam if he is not interested. I am obligated to do my best to correct any errors people may have about us.
Well OK then; My sincere question to you, Woodrow: Is there or is there NOT a specific passage in the Q'Ran that the infidel shall be or should be killed?

I'll bow to your knowledge and teachings.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryphaul View Post

Peace be with us ...
There is Proof and there is Faith. As a Scientist I am always open to be proven wrong with convincing evidence. Unfortunately "Feeling" that you are right or you "Think" or have "Faith" that a book that was written by Ancients is “Fact” does nothing for your argument. I would just as soon believe in the ancient Greek, African or Roman Gods as I would believe in one Mono Theistic being.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:47 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
How does sanitizing the fanaticism by changing the title change the level of fanaticism?

Sweeping it under the carpet doesn't change a damn thing.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
:

So then, I'll first note this peaceful advisory from Woodrow:

Well OK then; My sincere question to you, Woodrow: Is there or is there NOT a specific passage in the Q'Ran that the infidel shall be or should be killed?

I'll bow to your knowledge and teachings.
There is no passage in the Qur'an that commands an apostate to be killed. Just the opposite seems to be the rule. How can a man return to being an apostate if he was killed for being an apostate?

Surah 47::

25Those who turn back as apostates after Guidance was clearly shown to them,- the Evil One has instigated them and busied them up with false hopes.
That ayyat is speaking of Muslims who apostate, return to Islam and apostasies again. If we are to kill apostates how could a person become an apostate, later return to Islam and than again leave Islam?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam