U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 08:57 AM

2,890 posts, read 4,202,294 times

Advertisements

Virgin birth is nothing new, there were a number of deities that were said to come from virgin birth. One of the most striking is Mithras and how this deity paralles the life of Jesus, or should I say how Jesus life paralles Mithras seeing how was here long before Jesus was.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:15 AM

9,412 posts, read 11,724,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Virgin birth is nothing new, there were a number of deities that were said to come from virgin birth. One of the most striking is Mithras and how this deity paralles the life of Jesus, or should I say how Jesus life paralles Mithras seeing how was here long before Jesus was.
You mean the myth of virgin birth

Old 09-19-2011, 09:20 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,308,172 times
I demand to see reports from several doctors who examined Mary to verify that she was a virgin. Otherwise, it's just a rumor.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:48 PM

30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If Mary wasn't a virgin than Jesus is not God. Jesus did not have a human father. Jesus's father is God and God does not need to have sexual relations to get a woman pregnant. Everything is possible with God.

You are thinking like humans think and that will get you nowhere when you take faith and the spirit into account.
You are correct, Jesus was not god. You are thinking like a believer, and will not go far in the reality of life until you leave the myths behind.

What would you say if you have a daughter who became pregnant, but claimed she was a virgin...Would you believe her?

Old 09-19-2011, 01:10 PM

13 posts, read 14,427 times
I feel you confuse yourself and clear the truth that God is one and the Virgin Mary, a living God Jesus peace be upon him to be Ouaah and the miracle of the power of God that creates what he wants at any time and in any way and there are many examples indicate that such

The creation of Adam without father or mother, and stick around to the snake of Moses

So miracle of Mary as a miracle of God

Old 09-19-2011, 01:17 PM

30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marklle View Post
I feel you confuse yourself and clear the truth that God is one and the Virgin Mary, a living God Jesus peace be upon him to be Ouaah and the miracle of the power of God that creates what he wants at any time and in any way and there are many examples indicate that such

The creation of Adam without father or mother, and stick around to the snake of Moses

So miracle of Mary as a miracle of God
I'm telling you that it's all made up, not real, and just old tall tales.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:15 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,680,648 times
HMMMMM who should I believe? Wise sages and great thinkers from the beginning of recorded time or someone posting on a chat board? I think I will go with the first ones.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 09-19-2011, 02:33 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,455,163 times
Quote:
HMMMMM who should I believe? Wise sages and great thinkers from the beginning of recorded time or someone posting on a chat board? I think I will go with the first ones.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Remember, those same "wise sages" didn't know about personal hygiene, how illness is transmitted, washing their hands before cutting into someone, etc. Those same "wise sages" also believed in things like geocentrism, and a flat earth. They thought that looking at a burning city turned someone into a pillar of salt. They believed that millions of animals could fit into one leaky wooden boat built by an old man. Also, they would blame the female when she had a female child, despite the fact that it's the male that controls the gender of the offspring. Those "wise sages" thought that feeding a goat near a certain type of plant affected the pattern of hair on the offspring.

Yeah, your "wise sages" are really worth trusting.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:35 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,680,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Remember, those same "wise sages" didn't know about personal hygiene, how illness is transmitted, washing their hands before cutting into someone, etc. Those same "wise sages" also believed in things like geocentrism, and a flat earth. They thought that looking at a burning city turned someone into a pillar of salt. They believed that millions of animals could fit into one leaky wooden boat built by an old man. Also, they would blame the female when she had a female child, despite the fact that it's the male that controls the gender of the offspring. Those "wise sages" thought that feeding a goat near a certain type of plant affected the pattern of hair on the offspring.

Yeah, your "wise sages" are really worth trusting.
Am wondering about your Freudian slip----HAHAHA

Yes, still believing in them since many physical things were not available for them to know in years past but the spiritual things are still applicable today. I don't get caught up in trivia BUT you don't like women very much so why am I replying to your post anyway?

Old 09-19-2011, 03:42 PM

9,412 posts, read 11,724,962 times
Quote:
Am wondering about your Freudian slip----HAHAHA

Yes, still believing in them since many physical things were not available for them to know in years past but the spiritual things are still applicable today. I don't get caught up in trivia BUT you don't like women very much so why am I replying to your post anyway?
Ummm, Mercury Cougar IS a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or